• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Skylanders: Imaginators leaks (Create your own Skylander, Classes, more)

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Source: http://www.darkspyro.net/imaginators/?page=1

Notes:
- Make your own Skylander.
- Seemingly dropping Wii and 3DS versions.
- 20 new Skylanders and 11 former villains.
- On top of their element, each Skylander has a class now (Knight, Sorcerer, Brawler, and more).
- Starter pack characters: Water Sensei Master King Pen, the Earth Villain Golden Queen, and a Fire Creation Crystal

Dark Spyro said:
The story of Skylanders Imaginators takes place long ago when the Ancients used a mysterious power known as "Mind Magic" to create everything in Skylands. With it, they conjured into existence anything that they could imagine! However, they soon learned that in the wrong hands, it could be very dangerous, and so they sealed it away so that it could never be misused. After discovering this ancient secret, Kaos has unleashed the power of "Mind Magic" into Skylands once again - and he is using it to create an unstoppable army of Doomlanders, the likes of which have never been seen! Now it's up to Portal Masters to create Skylanders Imaginators from their own imagination and stop Kaos and his evil Doomlanders before it is too late. And to help train them, Eon is sending the greatest mystic warriors of all time - the Senseis!

uiaX4rH.jpg

uLw0aTD.jpg

Tkigvgp.jpg

w1bP23d.jpg

imWEWTl.jpg

pixelation

Ditching the Wii version?... my nephew is going to be a sad little camper. If he buys the game for a different platform he can still use the Skylanders that he's amassed so far right?

Dropping 3DS Versions? End of an era. Goodbye Skylanders. I will miss thee.

I guess WiiU version is still in so I got that. Hopefully NX is good enough to port the main versions to it so I don't have to go long without my portable Skylanders. I wonder how create your own Skylanders work.

I'm surprised at no 3DS. Do we have numbers for the 3DS installments? I'm guessing power was becoming too big an issue.

Dropping both Wii and 3DS seems poor to me considering you could just have one version for both.

Last year's version was hated because it was a straight racing game. Before that since the beginning of the franchise the Wii would get essentially the same game as the other home consoles and 3DS would get an original platformer.

Also they're now actually making figures of villains?

Also looks like the return of "traps" in the form of element crystals. Wasn't that the most hated element of trap team?

Creatable Skylanders essentially remove the Toys to Life aspect as they won't have a corresponding physical figure. I would guess these new crystal are used to store them.

I would have just expanded on the Swap Force mechanic and had figures the could break into 5 parts, head, 2 arms upper and lower body.

Interested in the possible expansion of Nintendo Skylanders.

Making your own Skylanders sounds cool but also really really development-intensive. Moreso than vehicles or whatever.

Plus they're unlikely to make the jump to any future Skylanders games which makes me kind of sad way in advance.

But it's a cool concept and should be fun to play with my younger sister. She loves Skylanders, but only briefly around when the games come out. Saves money long-term since she only ever wants a few new ones alongside the game lol

Cutting the 3DS and Wii versions makes some sense though. The last game, Superchargers, was basically two entirely different games. One for modern systems, one for Wii and 3DS. So they're removing a big chunk of development cost there.

jonno394

Interesting premise, some info on how the created characters will be limited in level, skills weapons etc which have to be unlocked by playing as a sensei of the same element

Being the master of these Battle Classes, only Senseis have the ability to unleash Sky Chi - the ultimate Battle Class super move. Sensei Skylanders have a master-to-apprentice relationship with newly created Imaginator Skylanders. This is supported in-game through the Sensei unlocking of unique Imaginator weapons, the increase of Imaginator level caps, providing access to special areas in the game, as well as the unlocking of new Secret Techniques for Imaginators of the same class.

Zambayoshi

Awesome! I skipped Superchargers because I didn't like the idea of a car game, but it would be interesting to be able to create and store different Skylanders in the vein of Trap Team.

ZarKryn7

Interested to see how this goes since superchargers didn't do as well as past iterations. Also Activision can you make at least a damn classic Spyro figure?

RobbieNick

This sounds a lot better than Superchargers and seeing as how Disney Infinity is going Bye-Bye and Lego Dimensions really didn't grab me like I thought it would, this will be my TTL game for this year. Looking forward to it.

Top Bottom