• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Tomorrow Children Open Beta : All your base are belong to us

bitbydeath

When - 9.00am BST/10.00am CET this Friday, 3rd June until 9.00am BST/10.00am CET Monday 6th June

The Void - The true nature of the Void is a mystery, but it will claim those who stray too far from the stabilizing fields in towns. Be sure to use the bus to travel safely to islands.

Mho18nL.gif

Islands - The resources needed to expand and maintain towns, as well as Matryoshka Dolls in need of rescue, are found on the strange islands that surround towns. Take your tools and travel there to toil in service of our nation!

TomorrowChildren-Cycle.gif
15256303695_35d6cd0bd1_o.gif

Power - Towns require electric power to function. Build and use Treadmill Generators to keep them going!

ioRYwz3.jpg

Coupons - Go to the Ministry of Labour to receive Ration Coupons in exchange for your hard work. These coupons are traded at kiosks for a variety of items needed for doing more work!

uldIN8m.jpg

Defence - Towns are under constant threat of attack by the Izverg, monsters of unknown origin. Build turrets and arm yourselves to turn them away!

15255913122_27be035475_o.gif
Tomorrow-.gif
gifc3pys.gif

Cooperation - Remember that all comrades are working together for the common good. Items on the ground and stored resources can be used freely by all!
As your time in the Void grows, we are sure that you will learn what kind of service suits you best. We will of course support you as well, but it is the duty of all comrades to become stronger in mind, body, and spirit for the glory of all!

15253807626_253f9924f6_o.gif
TomorrowChildren-Lighting.gif

Join us on our Twitch channel on Friday 3rd June at 9.00am BST/10.00am CET and Monday 6th June at 2.00am BST/3.00am CET, where we’ll be covering the basics and tricks, general Q&A and talk sessions with the staff

The beta client is now available to download from PlayStation Store, and we’ll see you in the Void in a couple of days!

https://blog.eu.playstation.com/201...hildren-open-beta-weekend-starts-this-friday/

Void if old

UrXU702.png

Feel free to add to OP!

a duck’s guide to wading through tomorrow

YOU

You are a Projection Clone, a lifeform created to brave the harsh world of the Void to collect resources, rescue and defend humanity, and rebuild civilization. While more hardy than a regular human, you will take damage from excessive heat, explosions, and harsh impacts like falls and physical attacks. Furthermore the unique energy that keeps your form together, “Phase Cohesion,” can be disrupted by prolonged exposure to darkness. Exercise caution when working at night and in the depths of islands!

YOUR ABILITIES

All Projection Clones are created with the same basic abilities, but upon laboring sufficiently can earn level increases and point to allocate toward one of their parameters. Tuning is permanent, so choose wisely for the role you wish to play in society!

Dexterity: Affects work speed and critical hit rate
Fortitude: Affects max Phase Cohesion energy
Might: Affects weapon attack power
Patriotism: Affects Toil to Coupon conversion rate
Agility: Affects movement speed and power generation
Strength: Affects throw and kick power, allows you to carry more resources*
*10 points to carry one additional resource

TOWNS

Depending on the efforts of your comrades, the state of a town when you arrive may vary greatly, but the People’s Workbench is an indelible and extremely important part of every town. Take it upon yourself to create what is lacking! Some of the most important structures are as follows:

Treadmill Generator: Comrades use their legs to generate power for the town. Also a good way for new comrades to earn toil!
Ministry of Labor: Distributes Coupons in exchange for Toil earned.
Union Shop: Sells the three main tools needed to collect resources.
Domicile: Needed to house rescued Matryoshka People.
Police Booth: Needed to craft Anti-Izverg Turrets.
Town Hall: Adds items to the People’s Workbench and increases the limit of Residences that can be built.

As a town expands and the population increases, a number of improvements will become available. Be diligent!

RESOURCES

There are five core resources necessary for expanding and maintaining towns; food, wood, coal, metal, and crystal. These have a variety of uses, and balancing these is essential to survival.

Food: Grows on trees, and is necessary to keep citizens fed. Comrades can craft saplings to plant in town in order to keep a food source near, but…
Wood: Trees grow on certain islands, and saplings will also mature into trees. Wood is needed for building certain structures, and for repairing damaged structures.
Coal: Deposits are found on certain islands. Coal is used in crafting certain items, and to recharge Hover Cars.
Metal: Deposits are found on certain islands. Metal is used in crafting certain items, and to improve the Town Hall.
Crystals: Obtained by defeating Izverg. Small and mid-size Izverg will drop 1, 2, or 3 crystals when defeated, and large Izverg have crystal deposits inside their remains. Stationary Izverg will turn into crystal when defeated. Crystals are used in crafting items, and can be used to stabilize a portion of the Void by activating them with the Square button.

Additionally, facilities in town require electric power to operate. This power can be generated using the Treadmill Generator, and the town’s total capacity increases as the number of facilities increases.

TOIL

Nearly every beneficial action you take (collecting resources, repairing structures, defeating Izverg, etc.) will earn you Toil, a numerical calculation of your contribution to society. When this Toil reaches certain limits, your level will increase enabling you to strengthen yourself. Furthermore, when you visit the Ministry of Labor this Toil will be calculated and you will receive coupons based on your work. The exchange rate can be improved in a number of ways, such as increasing your Patriotism parameter or gaining Perks by drinking VoidKa.

COMBAT

Periodically, large beasts will appear from the Void. The Izverg, as they are known, are generally unconcerned with Projection Clones, but will attack and destroy any towns or structures they come into contact with. As such, comrades will need to repel Izverg if they approach using Anti-Izverg Turrets, rocket launchers, and so on. Additionally, while large Izverg that are not headed toward structures can be ignored, Izverg are the only source of crystals so occasionally comrades will need to attack aggressively to obtain crystals. Smaller Izverg however will attack nearby Projection Clones, but are much weaker and can be easily dispatched with shotguns or even work tools.Finally, the corpse of the largest Izverg type will remain and can be excavated for crystals, tools, and Matryoshka Dolls.

HUMANITY

While nearly the whole of humanity was melded together in the Void incident, several humans escaped complete absorption into the collective consciousness in the form of Matryoshka Dolls. These dolls can be revived in town using the Rescue Apparatus, and once restored to humanity the citizens of the town must be kept fed and housed, and the town’s power must be kept up or they will begin to leave. There are also population requirements for certain Workbench items. Restore our nation!

GENERAL ADVICE
-Requests (missions) can be received from police officers, citizens, and so on. Completing these missions will earn rewards like Toil and tools, and most importantly Memorial Medals. These Medals can be used in VoidKa Vending Machines to earn permanent Perks.

-Cooperation is key! Assist your comrades in their labors for more Toil and to work more quickly, and help revive those who have succumbed to the Void.

-It is up to you to remain loyal to one town or to wander the Void! Act as necessary to progress!

-Items in your inventory can be dropped with L1. Use this to give a comrade an item you no longer need!

-Monuments show the achievements of the town as a whole. Work toward earning them to increase the amount of structures you can have in town!

-There are rumors of a Black Market dealing in contraband from another nation. Reports have been received of the kiosk clerk holding a mysterious pamphlet and making clandestine transceiver calls...

Reckheim

Man, I loved the closed beta, I would love to find out during E3 when they actually plan to release this.

Yesss! Knew it couldn't be JP only.

Now I hope they don't have server issues like the last beta, barely got to play thanks to that but the game was interesting and weird af.
We need another Gaf town for this.

Se_7_eN

Aww damn is this for real? Got all excited to finally get to try this game after reading all the cool impressions from people in the closed beta.

EU, UK and JP stores all have the beta available on their stores and Blog posts about the open beta... Nothing for the US yet, so I am guessing we don't get in.

The game is damn fun / addicting, and I am not sure why.

delSai

I really loved playing as the Worker in Fat Princess, y'know, cutting down trees and doing that kind of work.
I'm kinda hoping that this game gives me the same kind of enjoyment, it sure looks like a "Worker game" lol.

Also Gaf Town? I wanna join if possible

bitbydeath

Really want to try this. That frozen monster is insane.

Prepare for a steep learning curve, it is amazing though.

What is this game about exactly?

Rebuild society sim with RPG elements.

I really loved playing as the Worker in Fat Princess, y'know, cutting down trees and doing that kind of work.

Chainsaws work great on those.

the-tomorrow-children-1_1407755763.jpg

Welcome US citizens, we may need you.

Mathieran

Banned
I wonder if this is a stress test to see if the game is ready, with a available now during e3.

I doubt it, but a guy can dream.

This has been one of my most anticipated games since its announcement. Participated in the Alpha and one of the recent BETA's. Amazing game.

Getting people to work together in an intelligent way though is difficult sometimes. I was in one town that would constantly run out of wood but when i would go out onto an island everyone is gathering dolls and stone and shit. I'm like hey peeps ... i think we need wood ... see that big 0 next to the tree? Yeah .. WOOD!

And then the same person would just sit at the crafting bench taking 5 minutes per craft while all the turrets were out of ammo and he would just make worthless junk.

Game is definitely dependant on all the player citizens being somewhat competent in their actions

bitbydeath

^^^
Planting trees in town is a must.
Great source of both wood and food.
I usually do this in my town while everyone else is off mining.

Lren

Not usually my sort of thing but the mass coop has my attention. Afraid I've never been big on crafting stuff but defending areas or gathering stuff for folks sounds pretty fun. Will gives this a shot when the download is up for NA!

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
THE RETURN OF GAF TOWN.

We are doing GAF town again, right?

Now that the chains are off...ask away lol

By the way, here's a post I made in the February closed beta thread with some info about what to do.

Feel free to add to OP!

a duck’s guide to wading through tomorrow

YOU

You are a Projection Clone, a lifeform created to brave the harsh world of the Void to collect resources, rescue and defend humanity, and rebuild civilization. While more hardy than a regular human, you will take damage from excessive heat, explosions, and harsh impacts like falls and physical attacks. Furthermore the unique energy that keeps your form together, “Phase Cohesion,” can be disrupted by prolonged exposure to darkness. Exercise caution when working at night and in the depths of islands!

YOUR ABILITIES

All Projection Clones are created with the same basic abilities, but upon laboring sufficiently can earn level increases and point to allocate toward one of their parameters. Tuning is permanent, so choose wisely for the role you wish to play in society!

Dexterity: Affects work speed and critical hit rate
Fortitude: Affects max Phase Cohesion energy
Might: Affects weapon attack power
Patriotism: Affects Toil to Coupon conversion rate
Agility: Affects movement speed and power generation
Strength: Affects throw and kick power, allows you to carry more resources*
*10 points to carry one additional resource

TOWNS

Depending on the efforts of your comrades, the state of a town when you arrive may vary greatly, but the People’s Workbench is an indelible and extremely important part of every town. Take it upon yourself to create what is lacking! Some of the most important structures are as follows:

Treadmill Generator: Comrades use their legs to generate power for the town. Also a good way for new comrades to earn toil!
Ministry of Labor: Distributes Coupons in exchange for Toil earned.
Union Shop: Sells the three main tools needed to collect resources.
Domicile: Needed to house rescued Matryoshka People.
Police Booth: Needed to craft Anti-Izverg Turrets.
Town Hall: Adds items to the People’s Workbench and increases the limit of Residences that can be built.

As a town expands and the population increases, a number of improvements will become available. Be diligent!

RESOURCES

There are five core resources necessary for expanding and maintaining towns; food, wood, coal, metal, and crystal. These have a variety of uses, and balancing these is essential to survival.

Food: Grows on trees, and is necessary to keep citizens fed. Comrades can craft saplings to plant in town in order to keep a food source near, but…
Wood: Trees grow on certain islands, and saplings will also mature into trees. Wood is needed for building certain structures, and for repairing damaged structures.
Coal: Deposits are found on certain islands. Coal is used in crafting certain items, and to recharge Hover Cars.
Metal: Deposits are found on certain islands. Metal is used in crafting certain items, and to improve the Town Hall.
Crystals: Obtained by defeating Izverg. Small and mid-size Izverg will drop 1, 2, or 3 crystals when defeated, and large Izverg have crystal deposits inside their remains. Stationary Izverg will turn into crystal when defeated. Crystals are used in crafting items, and can be used to stabilize a portion of the Void by activating them with the Square button.

Additionally, facilities in town require electric power to operate. This power can be generated using the Treadmill Generator, and the town’s total capacity increases as the number of facilities increases.

TOIL

Nearly every beneficial action you take (collecting resources, repairing structures, defeating Izverg, etc.) will earn you Toil, a numerical calculation of your contribution to society. When this Toil reaches certain limits, your level will increase enabling you to strengthen yourself. Furthermore, when you visit the Ministry of Labor this Toil will be calculated and you will receive coupons based on your work. The exchange rate can be improved in a number of ways, such as increasing your Patriotism parameter or gaining Perks by drinking VoidKa.

COMBAT

Periodically, large beasts will appear from the Void. The Izverg, as they are known, are generally unconcerned with Projection Clones, but will attack and destroy any towns or structures they come into contact with. As such, comrades will need to repel Izverg if they approach using Anti-Izverg Turrets, rocket launchers, and so on. Additionally, while large Izverg that are not headed toward structures can be ignored, Izverg are the only source of crystals so occasionally comrades will need to attack aggressively to obtain crystals. Smaller Izverg however will attack nearby Projection Clones, but are much weaker and can be easily dispatched with shotguns or even work tools.Finally, the corpse of the largest Izverg type will remain and can be excavated for crystals, tools, and Matryoshka Dolls.

HUMANITY

While nearly the whole of humanity was melded together in the Void incident, several humans escaped complete absorption into the collective consciousness in the form of Matryoshka Dolls. These dolls can be revived in town using the Rescue Apparatus, and once restored to humanity the citizens of the town must be kept fed and housed, and the town’s power must be kept up or they will begin to leave. There are also population requirements for certain Workbench items. Restore our nation!

GENERAL ADVICE
-Requests (missions) can be received from police officers, citizens, and so on. Completing these missions will earn rewards like Toil and tools, and most importantly Memorial Medals. These Medals can be used in VoidKa Vending Machines to earn permanent Perks.

-Cooperation is key! Assist your comrades in their labors for more Toil and to work more quickly, and help revive those who have succumbed to the Void.

-It is up to you to remain loyal to one town or to wander the Void! Act as necessary to progress!

-Items in your inventory can be dropped with L1. Use this to give a comrade an item you no longer need!

-Monuments show the achievements of the town as a whole. Work toward earning them to increase the amount of structures you can have in town!

-There are rumors of a Black Market dealing in contraband from another nation. Reports have been received of the kiosk clerk holding a mysterious pamphlet and making clandestine transceiver calls...

Elandyll

Banned
Now that the chains are off...ask away lol

By the way, here's a post I made in the February closed beta thread with some info about what to do.
Would it be ok to assume that, as this is an open Beta, the actual release is somehat close at hand?

:)

Can't wait for the week end!

Top Bottom