• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The best thing I (You) ever ate Breakfast Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
So this is the first in a series of threads showing off what we have had as some of the best things we've ever eaten. I'll do other threads around things like Lunch, Dinner, Snack, Brunch ect... as well as maybe things like Pizza or BBQ. Everyone can contribute the best or one of the best things they've eaten for said topic.

First up is

Breakfast

My pic is gonna be donuts. I thought about what I had at Wolfgang's Postrio in San Fran before it closed, but that was more brunch. So I'm gonna go with...

20160609_070351f4y3y.jpg

This place is in the FL Panhandle. Local mom and pop store. Only open in the morning till they sell out. They open at 7:30, but people line up before hand. They have donuts as well as cronuts.

Everything is homemade. Tastes fabulous. I love the donuts in any flavor though my is probably the Maple Pecan. I also love the Chocolate Cronuts. Not that there is anything I have tried and didn't like. A nice donut and a cup of coffee is the best breakfast.

So what say you GAF? What's the best thing you've eaten Breakfast Edition?

Kyzer

Banned
I cant believe im saying this but one of the breakfast crunchwraps from taco bell was one of the best things i ever had in my life for breakfast. basically eggs cheese hash browns but also quesadilla sauce or something i dont remember but damn

This will sound stupid but the best breakfast I can recall I've had was a Denny's Grand Slam. The reason it was great was because it was my first meal after a several weeks long expedition through the mountains where we were eating the most bland and stale meals I've had in my life. It was the only nearby place open the hour we hiked back into camp.

inki

Filet Mignon with eggs and a light blue cheese and horseradish cream sauce. It was amazing. But the Waffle house Texas Toast sausage breakfast sandwich with scattered, covered, chunked with country is pretty awesome too.

Doughnuts are not breakfast.

Place called Tabac, full english breakfast, most amazing breakfast I've ever had in my life. Been there multiple times, never had a better breakfast before or since.

Also, mcdonalds breakfasts really are great.

Maybe not the best thing I've ever eaten for breakfast but...

There's a place near me that has this sandwich called "THe Hobo Breakfast Sandwich," which is a fried egg, swiss cheese, a huge serving of cornbeef hash, thrown into a bulky roll, and I usually put a hot sauce on it... And damn that thing is good. It's fucking huge too.

The ultimate in hangover medicine.

I also make an excellent baked french toast which is jaw droppingly good. I'm not a good cook, but I'ma good breakfast cook.

Eyeron

Biscuits and gravy at some diner in Wyoming. Had just spent 4 days in Yellowstone back country. It was supposed to be a 2 day hike but we got caught in a wicked snow storm. Thought we were going to die. I devoured 2 orders in about 5 minutes. Fucking glorious.

Doughnuts are not breakfast.

Place called Tabac, full english breakfast, most amazing breakfast I've ever had in my life. Been there multiple times, never had a better breakfast before or since.

Also, mcdonalds breakfasts really are great.

Tabac in Liverpool? Hell Yeah.

Mine is probably the biscuits and sausage gravy I had in Louisville KY on a holiday a few years back. Incredible.

Had Peaches 'N Creme French Toast at a small diner by my dad's house. When I first heard about it I thought it didn't sound appetizing, but after I tried it, it was the most amazing breakfast food I have ever eaten in my life.

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
Sausage, Egg, & Cheese sandwich at Eggslut in Grand Central Market: house-made turkey sausage, cage-free over medium egg, cheddar cheese and honey mustard aioli in a warm brioche bun. I'm gonna eat one again in like 3 weeks and I cannot wait.

mcfrank

Sausage, Egg, & Cheese sandwich at Eggslut in Grand Central Market: house-made turkey sausage, cage-free over medium egg, cheddar cheese and honey mustard aioli in a warm brioche bun. I'm gonna eat one again in like 3 weeks and I cannot wait.

Everytime I try to go there the line is way too long for me to wait.

For me it is the Spanish tortilla at europane in Pasadena, CA

SeanC

I don't think I've ever had anything really well known or special but I do remember some good ones.

Grits with Chicken Fried Steak at a place in the valley called Nats.

The pancakes at any Dupars here in LA.

The French Toast at a place in Hollywood called Off Vine.

I need to go to this place called Griddle Cafe because they make these:

Anyone been? Worth the hype?

valeu

at a fantastic pizzaria in nyc i went to, they had breakfast pizza....had eggs bacon and sausage on it. was the best thing i ever ate for breakfast

The grocery store at the beach I go to has the most amazing breakfast bar. Bacon, sausage (patties and rolled), biscuits, two kinds of gravy, pancakes (regular, chocolate, and strawberry) with syrup, scrambled eggs (regular, w/peppers and onions, and with cheese), and potato wedges (regular and w/peppers and onions).

It's standard fare but it's the best way to fill up before going to the beach or riding your bike around the island.

daveo42

Banned
A southern breakfast at a smallish resturant in Tenn. Complete with eggs, bacon, sausage, grits, lard buscuits, homemate jams and smoke pulled pork with bbq sauce. I probably ate my weight in buscuits alone that morning. So fucking good.

Scirrocco

I was working off shore off Scotland, and one morning the cook brought out bagels and lox. Itgats bagels with salmon onion and some of those little black pea thing. I'd never had it before but it was sooooo good.

I've tried to find somethiing as good at a couple bagels shops around, but they just don't taste the same. Idk maybe it was just because I'd been out at sea for weeks.

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
Everytime I try to go there the line is way too long for me to wait.
We went in the early afternoon last year, and the line wasn't awful. There was a bit of a wait but Jesus Christ it was worth it. Mind you we're out of towners so we only have like, the one or two chances to hit it up haha.

Dynomutt

The Wicked Spoon in Vegas

Almond encrusted French Toast.
Crisply Maple Peppercorn Bacon
Eggs Benedict
Mandarin Fruit Salad
Mimosa

This place is highly reccomended.

Rich!

nothing beats a good english breakfast

squires.jpg

greasier the better

maxresdefault.jpg

with chips for the best fucking breakfast ever

wAbrQgN.jpg

My local pub does the latter with coffee refills for £5.99

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
No breakfast like mornings in Shanghai.

All kinds of bing, roasted unleavened savory dough, usually with meat and vegetable fillings.
cb_shanghai_breakfast_untour_final3.jpg

You tiao. Fried breadstick, a bit like a churro, but instead of hard and sweet it's soft and fluffy and dipped in soy sauce mixed with scallions, garlic, or spicy oil.
the_four_renowned_breakfast_dishes_in_shanghai0e9f1cb7ac98b3c3c5fb.jpg

Bao zi, bigger, rounder and more filling dumplings fried on the bottom until golden brown.
shengjianbao-shanghai-3.jpg

Wonton soup. Just broth and wontons.
_DSC3097.jpg

You can eat xiao long bao (soup dumplings) for breakfast in Shanghai!
Soup_dumplings.jpg

Tea eggs. Eggs hard boiled in a spiced tea-based broth.
Screen-Shot-2014-05-23-at-12.34.09-AM-672x372.png

There's more I missed but these are my favorites. It's possible to get them all in a single trip to some of the morning street food plazas.

Elitist1945

This will sound stupid but the best breakfast I can recall I've had was a Denny's Grand Slam. The reason it was great was because it was my first meal after a several weeks long expedition through the mountains where we were eating the most bland and stale meals I've had in my life. It was the only nearby place open the hour we hiked back into camp.

I will seriously agree with this answer. Denny's has killer pancakes.

CronoRobo

Neo Member
not really a groundbreaking and awesome breakfast like the rest of the posts, but for its price and the fact that it's fast food, the breakfast burger of Carls Jr is so fucking good when you're in a hurry.

carls-breakfast-burger.jpg

had one today. freaking awesome.

I need to go to this place called Griddle Cafe because they make these:

Anyone been? Worth the hype?
I'm trying not to eat like THAT anymore, but yes it's just as ridiculous as pictured. We go probably once a year. Lot less traffic during the week.

Their lunch sandwiches are really damn good as well.

Mobius 1

nothing beats a good english breakfast

squires.jpg

greasier the better

maxresdefault.jpg

with chips for the best fucking breakfast ever

wAbrQgN.jpg

My local pub does the latter with coffee refills for £5.99

Oh heavens yes. The best breakfast I've ever had the privilege of eating was at some greasy pub in London near Bayswater. I need to remember the name of the place.

If you are ever in the Santa Ana, California area bordering Costa Mesa, check out Nate's Korner. Their breakfast burritos are fantastic!

Just don't get it extra spicy(pickled Jalapenos and fresh serranos, and tapatio), tastes amazing going down, burns coming out! lol

The hashbrowns in the burrito are crispy border crunchy. it's awesome.

o.jpg

If you are ever on the other side of Santa Ana, bordering Tustin, Check out The Sandwich Society, their breakfast is pretty amazing also.

bubble waffle breakfast sandwich
o.jpg

I have a terrible memory, but the best breakfast I've had in a while was trying Eggs Benedict for the first time at a fancy restaurant in Carmel by the Sea, CA.

So stupid for not having that earlier. The ham, egg, sauce, muffin, potatoes...all amazing.

Pictured: What Eggs Benedict may look like
BsKGgFU.jpg

FStop7

Banned
The first time I ever went to Roscoe's Chicken and Waffles it was a lazy Sunday morning and I ordered Herb's Special. 1/2 a chicken and 2 waffles. The food coma was world fucking class.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom