• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare E3 2016 Demo

CHC

This kind blew me away. It's gonna get shit all over for being COD but if this was some new IP people would be losing it.

Well, I was impressed anyway. Looks like they're actually trying this year.

I thought it was fantastic anyway, I was surprised that it was COD at the end, didn't know what it was up until then.

Was this level played in VR? It was played directly after the VR Games reel but I didn't know if this was included in it.

This kind blew me away. It's gonna get shit all over for being COD but if this was some new IP people would be losing it.

Well, I was impressed anyway. Looks like they're actually trying this year.

I thought for sure it was a new IP of some sort - when Call of Duty came up I was really impressed. Not what I expected out of CoD - might actually get this game.

Certinty

I'm not even going to deny it, before I found out it was CoD IW I said "that looks really really good" and "holy fuck just wow".

But yeah, I'll be getting this now. Had no intention of getting it before either.

I was highly skeptical of any CoD not made by Treyarch based on recent history, but this demo looked amazing.. Plus CoD:4, which was probably going to make me get it anyway.

Now I just need to pick a platform.

Duxxy3

First pass on a COD since 3.

I guess a break was long overdue. Not like the world is lacking in shooters that I enjoy.

Dishy

Unconfirmed Member
When the demo started I was like : Ok, that's definitely COD IW. But when the gameplay continued it was hard to believe that this really was COD.

I'm blown away Infinity Ward. Kudos to you. I didn't expect this level of quality.

ChawlieTheFair

pip pip cheerio you slags!
If they have a good campaign story this time, this could be a revitalizer for CoD. They've forgotten how effective and memorable great characters and plots can be, i.e Cod4. But a great demo, I'm not one for ultra future military games, but they are at least showing a huge effort and some genuine gameplay innovation. They are trying.

Kilau

I actually didn't realize it was CoD and was surprised when the name popped up.

Game looks really cool, but I doubt that scene is very dynamic. Still I am actually interested in a CoD game.

Zomba13

I think it looks awesome and great and I welcome new stuff. If people want modern military stuff then there are plenty of CoD games for that.

Mooreberg

Legitimately surprised at how good this looked during the conference. I keep thinking it is weird how there are now three COD franchises set in the future, but this looks very, very different from Advanced Warfare. This might be something I pick up before the end of the year that I was not originally intending to.

fernoca

Looked great.

Some of the reactions online were just...embarassing.

Like "oh this looks cool"..."whoa space battles"..."wait a minute...this is Call of Duty?"...""looks bad"... "Titanfall looks better"..."fucking Activision".

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
Regardless of whether or not it's true to the series' roots, it looks awesome. During the demo I was like, what is this? But I noticed the ADS, square to reload, the way the objective distance was shown... I was like oh shit this is CoD.

I was impressed when I assumed it was another VR title but there was something familiar with the pacing and set pieces that made me go "oh, it's fucking COD".

Un hyped! !

Eylos

Banned
i was thinking it was titanfall 2, nice surprise i stopped playing cod in black ops 2

this cod is the first of a long time that generated some hype on me

Vidpixel

It's super interesting how shockingly similar both this and Titanfall 2 are looking, at least in my eyes. Year of the grapple hook, indeed.

IMACOMPUTA

I said to a friend as I watched this "Is this COD? It's not.. right? If it is, I'm really impressed."

I thought it might be a Killzone thing actually at first. Looks really cool.

It was really smart of them to go in cold like that and let people form an opinion without preconceptions after all that bf1 trailer vs cod trailer on youtube shit.

BeforeU

Oft hope is born when all is forlorn.
Man looking at these futuristic weapons and grenades and shit. Its just too boring, I just can't get excited for these types of games anymore.

i was thinking it was titanfall 2, nice surprise i stopped playing cod in black ops 2

this cod is the first of a long time that generated some hype on me

Every year there are bunch who says the same lmao.

Been hearing this since Ghost.

Llyrwenne

Unconfirmed Member
I had no expectations whatsoever going in. My interest in CoD had steadily declined up until now; I disliked Ghosts and found Advanced Warfare bland, and ended up skipping Black Ops III because the series had just lost me. I did not feel the Infinite Warfare reveal trailer at all. I was so done with CoD.

This demo pulled me right back in. Completely unexpected. Completely blew me away.

Very well done, Infinity Ward. Just when I thought I was out, they pull me back in!

I was honestly shocked when the title card came up. I was busy wondering what this bad-ass ship incursion action game was and how on earth they made a VR game that looked this neat. I even thought the grappling hook stuff was a smart way to do the teleporting-in-VR thing without being so obvious about it. (Of course, there's probably zero VR component to Infinite Warfare, thanks Sony for that misdirection.)

I maybe should've guessed in hindsight, because it kind of didn't make sense that you'd go to all that trouble to breach the ship and murder half its crew, only to have one of your battleships blow it to smithereens anyways. That's classic COD logic there.

kuYuri

It looked great. Was already hyped, this just solidified my hype even more.

P.S. Advanced Warfare has a grappling hook in single player and added it to multiplayer last year, so this technically won't be the first time CoD has it.

kevin1025

Banned
After really liking Advanced Warfare, and really disliking Black Ops III (in terms of story and pacing; multiplayer was fun as always), this one took me by surprise. I actually had no idea it was Infinite Warfare until the shooting began (well, it was the classic COD green names above people's heads that made me figure it out). The game looks way better than I was expecting. I was thinking of skipping it but this made me perk up and really reconsider it!

d00d3n

The only issue with the demo was that you spent the first three minutes trying to work out how that could possibly work in VR. Other than that it was great.

Top Bottom