• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KINGSGLAIVE FINAL FANTASY XV- Official E3 Trailer

vinnygambini

Why are strippers at the U.N. bad when they're great at strip clubs???
Really excited for this (the visuals are incredible), enjoy the new trailer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nGl_2gYrfM0

kingsglaive_final_fantasy_xv_1.jpg

Famassu

It's like they took all the best parts from FFXV/Versus XIII and turned it into a movie.
They took the intro of Versus XIII and changed it to fit the new narrative, yes. The game will have its share of stuff similar to this trailer, they are just deliberately spoiling as little of it as possible. The E3 trailer showed flaming airships going down at night, the Leviathan fight etc.

vinnygambini

Why are strippers at the U.N. bad when they're great at strip clubs???
Any word if it is coming to theatres in Canada? That's like 3 days after my birthday. SE picked an amazing time.

I'm sure Cineplex will have a few showings in populated cities as they've launched new initiatives for their cinemas to host gaming tournaments and so forth. It'd be stupid not too.

Well I'm hoping there is, I'm in Canada too :(

Damn that CG is crazy good, almost look like real people sometimes. Surprised they're doing this movie though, thought they always lost money with their past movies.

Ketaya

The visuals in this movie are just incredible. Makes me wish there were more realistic CGI movies like this.

Damn that CG is crazy good, almost look like real people sometimes. Surprised they're doing this movie though, thought they always lost money with their past movies.

Spirits Within was a failure, but if I remember correctly Advent Children was quite successful.

The visuals in this movie are just incredible. Makes me wish there were more realistic CGI movies like this.

Spirits Within was a failure, but if I remember correctly Advent Children was quite successful.

Yeah, I remember reading AC did very well too.

Looks stunning!

ViciousDS

Banned
Looked good, didn't like some voices

Loved advent children complete.

If anyone hasn't seen just the standard version of advent children

It's actually free on crackle right now lol

notaskwid

I really dislike the designs. They look too much like real people, also too much like white real people. Personaly I much prefer the game designs... Ardyn in particular is like... ugh.

Jubern

I really dislike the designs. They look too much like real people, also too much like white real people. Personaly I much prefer the game designs... Ardyn in particular is like... ugh.

I don't dislike the designs but I feel some weird disconnect between this and the game yeah.

Also, I'd somehow rather play the game in Japanese because I've grown accustomed to the JP cast over the years and I think it fits, but I think I'd rather watch this in English. What to do...

mortal

Gold Member
This looks fucking incredible! The voice acting and writing sounds on point. Very reminiscent of FFXII's dubbing.

I love how real and natural everybody's faces look, each with their own unique bone structure. It all feels right in place within the fantasy based on reality theme of XV. The variation in age and features makes the world feel much more believable. One problem I've always had with FF as of late is how so many FF characters look too perfect, like dolls. Visual Works have definitely outdone themselves, very impressive visuals and animation.

Honestly makes me wish the actual game was on this level.

Meier

Thought I recognized Aaron Paul's voice. That's pretty cool. Is this effectively a prequel to the game or how exactly does it fit into FF15's world?

Thought I recognized Aaron Paul's voice. That's pretty cool. Is this effectively a prequel to the game or how exactly does it fit into FF15's world?

It's a sidestory. It takes place at the same time as FF15 while Noctis is away from Insomnia.

When they say, "In Select Theaters" is it one of those one-time "Fathom Events" type things, or is this getting an honest-to-god limited theatrical release?

Top Bottom