• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild Amiibo Announced for 2017

javac

Nintendo have announced three Amiibo for The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild which are due out in 2017.

Link (Archer):
mrl8036.jpg
G6uXv5O.jpg

tB2zx3C.jpg
DFh8Dda.jpg

Link (Rider):

Guardian:

http://e3.nintendo.com/amiibo/

javac

Apparently there's already a thread that I missed, sorry about that. This thread can be locked I guess.

Busaiku

Also related, Wolf Link amiibo allows you to summon him in-game.
Lasts until his hearts run out. Can use once a day.

That stupid clear plastic under the horse ruins it. If nintendo is going to keep pulling that shit just release some equivalent nfc enabled cards so we can opt out.

Good to see them announce amiibo before the game is out. I love me some DLC before the game is out.

Preordering all of them

Moff

if there are no other companions in BOTW that is a really significant feature that is amiibo exclusive, from a different game nontheless

Rafavert

if there are no other companions in BOTW that is a really significant feature that is amiibo exclusive, from a different game nontheless

Hardly. Wolf Link helps you by battling and stuff. The usual companions talk in your stead and guide you. They never do more than assisting you in battle at best (and I can only think of Midna doing that and only in wolf form)

Moff

Hardly. Wolf Link helps you by battling and stuff. The usual companions talk in your stead and guide you. They never do more than assisting you in battle at best (and I can only think of Midna doing that and only in wolf form)

all the more reason to highlight that an amiibo from a different game adds a significant feature to this game

Rafavert

all the more reason to highlight that an amiibo from a different game adds a significant feature to this game

It gives new use to an Amiibo that was already used in another game. And who's to say there won't be other battling companions?

Menitta

I'm gonna get the horse one.

I hope you can use other amiibos as companions. Have Little Mac and Zero Suit Samus following you.

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
Rider Link's pose is rather bland. He should also definitely be facing towards the side the shield is on, otherwise when you display it the shield's presence is entirely lost.

Moff

It gives new use to an Amiibo that was already used in another game. And who's to say there won't be other battling companions?

that's what I thought you answered :p
I guess I misunderstood

not such a big deal then, still discussion worthy I think

edit: apparently they confirmed in an interview that the game will have no companion characters
so the amiibo from twilight HD is the only way to add a companion to the game
and a pretty cool one
sniffs out items and fights as well

that is a big feature

Top Bottom