• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FINAL FANTASY XV - A King's Tale announced

Mcdohl

Ck7yybmVEAIXG2f.jpg:large

Ck7zSXnUgAUBJEC.jpg:large

Ck70DJ7UgAQrrR3.jpg

Ck70EHAUYAAMTAV.jpg

2D sidescroller action brawler.

Being discussed right now at SE Presents E3 Day 1.

Edit: For PS4/XBONE, out 9.30.16

Trailer to debut at Comic-Con

Edit 2: It's exclusively a GameStop pre-order bonus in the US.

The game is set 30 years before FFXV and you play as King Regis (story is told from the perspective of a fairy tale being told to Noctis).

Edit 3: Official website.

They are really expanding the story and lore of FFXV, hope the main game doesn't pull a FFXIII in regards to information on lore requiring you to play these other games to understand the story.

Pantz

Store exclusive pre-order bonuses really grind my gears.Really too bad for those who bought from the Square Enix store if true.

Arkeband

Banned
It's a good thing that this looks like a terrible flash game, because this is incredibly anti-consumer.

If this is OK to do, you might as well just lock the epilogue of the game behind a Coleman tent purchase.

Mythos

What is wrong with SE? Do they really want to piss the fans off?

First that terrible live demo, then those screens, and now preorder bonus for Gamestop? Seriously? It's like.. ughhh, just why?

duckroll

What the crap is this and who's developing it? Trailer at Comicon? This is an announcement of an announcement? Why not release a trailer now?

ash_ag

Nice little thing that I doubt has that much business sense. They're really having fun with the FFXV universe initiative.

Skux

This sounds like FFXIII all over again. Trying to turn a game into a multimedia franchise without having earned it.

ViciousDS

Banned
Gamestop exclusive......oh do fuck off square honestly

People are Amazon and best buy today. Who the heck shops at the crapstop

Store exclusive pre-order bonuses really grind my gears.Really too bad for those who bought from the Square Enix store if true.

When it's some alternate outfits, useless weapons or some awful 10 minute mission it shouldn't really bother anyone, but this is basically a spinoff title. I really can't imagine why this is a thing unless it's GameStop funded this completely on their own to get better preorder bonuses

Nice looking game that should be available on the online stores, not Gamestop exclusive. Guess I'll still watch it... on a YouTube playthrough.

What is wrong with SE? Do they really want to piss the fans off?

First that terrible live demo, then those screens, and now preorder bonus for Gamestop? Seriously? It's like.. ughhh, just why?

Because Gamestop used that exclusive sale money. Then square will pawn it off as DLC for money on the console stores. Then include it for free for the definitive versions for Neo/Scorpio/PC

Mcdohl

I really don't understand how SE can be so disconnected from their fanbase. Communication has been bad, they do partial reveals, and choose to do a not so good live demo that fails to show the game properly.

Get your stuff together SE! You have a good game to show, just do it correctly please :)

As you did on Uncovered.

This looks really bad.

How so?

It's intended to be an arcade-like game. It's a small game. I think it looks good considering what it is.

Sucks to be a GameStop exclusive though...

Top Bottom