• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What's the best Andriod emulator for Windows PC?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GTI Guy

I play a star wars game on my phone and it drains my battery, mostly grinding to get more stuff. LOL

Anyways I'd like to do some of this grinding on my PC while I work instead of burning my phone battery. What's the best emulator for Android on Windows. Would prefer it to be free and without spyware/bloatware. :)

Brakke

Banned
I've never used one but just in the last couple days my friends were talking about genymotion and MeMU.

Demerits given to Bluestacks.

Kysen

Android emulator as part of the SDK, been a while since I used it. Not sure if you can use it standalone though.

I recently tried a bunch of them and honestly most of them are bad and filled with adware. I never found one I truly liked. BlueStacks was good until recently.

eddie4

Genuinely Generous
I use Windroy. It runs smoothly because it actually uses the windows kernel. Although you have to side load apk's or download and use Google Play, But it runs anything you throw at it.

GTI Guy

Damn bluestacks also created a BSOD on my machine...I wonder if something else is going on....sigh...not in the mood to troubleshoot this crap.

Maybe I'll just need to go down the recommendations until I find an app that doesn't blow up my PC.

eddie4

Genuinely Generous
Damn bluestacks also created a BSOD on my machine...I wonder if something else is going on....sigh...not in the mood to troubleshoot this crap.

Maybe I'll just need to go down the recommendations until I find an app that doesn't blow up my PC.

I've always had issues with bluestacks.

MaulerX

I personally use amiduos and it's been pretty good but I'm open to trying other ones if they're better.

213372bu

Banned
Blue stacks has improved by millions since it was first a thing.

It's really robust and has features that make it better than a phone with Android IMO.

Picture-in-picture multi-tasking bug-reports etc. etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom