• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Ultimate Alliance (1 + 2), Transformers: Fall of Cybertron rated for PS4/XBO

http://gematsu.com/2016/06/marvel-u...mers-fall-cybertron-rated-ps4-xbox-one-taiwan

Activision is bringing Marvel: Ultimate Alliance, Marvel: Ultimate Alliance 2, and Transformers: Fall of Cybertron, all previously released for PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, and PC, to PlayStation 4 and Xbox One, according to ratings from the Taiwan Game Software Rating Information board.

There's links to the ratings in the article. I was expecting BC for XBO eventually, but remasters? I'll take 'em.

Really excited for MUA. If they don't take this go around to release on PC, I'm definitely going to get it on PS4. I want to play these games. Fall of Cybertron is great, too. Was playing it on PC recently with settings cranked up - it's a real looker, despite muddy textures and alright models. Art style shines through and it's a blast to play.

Decepticonfiscate this thread if old. Saw it posted in the Halo 5 OT and the Marvel games thread, but didn't see a separate thread.

Staal

Man I would love to see War for Cybertron as well. I had more fun with that compared to FoC.

I'll take FoC anyway, the Cybertron games are the best things that happened to the Transformers franchise.

Marvel: Ultimate Alliance?

This really is the year of dreams. You know, if they're planning on keeping forwards compatibility for the future, then I'll take ports/remasters of every good game for the PS4/XBO so they can live on.

erlim

yes, that talented of a member
Wow, really glad they re-licensed these. Will be great to play in 1080p. Hope disney just goes to town with all the old disney, lucasarts, and marvel stuff as catalogue re-releases.

I do not care if these are mere ports, I am just happy to be able to have the chance to replay Marvel Ultimate Alliance. Hopefully these include the DLC.

LewieP

How was the Deadpool PS4/Xbox One release compared to the previous console versions? I know they did a bad job of the Prototype rereleases.

Corpekata

Banned
When they renewed the license and a handful of games came back to various stores early this year they put MUA 1 &2 back on Xbox 360's live store for 40 bucks, so I'd expect a price around there at minimum (at least for the Marvel games).

They did fold the DLC into them IIRC at least.

Alx

I hope BC for the 360 episodes is coming. I completed everything in the first one and more, bought the second one on sale but haven't played it yet... but I was waiting to play them on X1.

WeskerXXI

Great news, if only for MUA1. Was MUA2 any good?, I remember not liking the demo very much.

Now, about X-Men Legends 2...

Neoxon

I see Activision is renewing the licenses for their old Marvel games left-&-right, not that I mind.

Capcom, please follow suit with an Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 remaster for PS4 & PC.

Neoxon

Won't be the same.

Say goodbye to wolverine.
Actually, remasters & ports of older games can be released untouched without Marvel getting on the case of the publisher or the developer. The Deadpool remaster proved this, & UMvC3 would be safe by virtue of this. The main problem for the ban comes in if a developer wants to make a brand new game.

OldMuffin

I would be excited... but its activision we are talking about here so itll probably be prototype/ deadpool quality ports :(

Super excited for MUA. Tried to get them about a year ago, after playing so much Diablo. The only one for a reasonable price was MUA1 for Wii. That shit was rough.

Ashtar

Cool I already beat the transformer game (they were great) but interested in ultimate alliance if online is intact and it's a decent port

Neoxon

Do they have to actually renew? Maybe they have the same clause that allows them to rerelease it on PS4/XBO without any changes. I know they did when they released MvC2 on Xbox and PS2.
Capcom pretty much said that they couldn't sell the game anymore since the contract expired. So yeah, Capcom has to renew the UMvC3 license if they want to do the remaster.

Top Bottom