• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kill Strain Launching on July 19, Early Access for PS Plus

Loudninja

Trailer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NUZGkIPdEgI

We are pleased to announce that Kill Strain will be available on PS4 beginning July 12 for PlayStation Plus members and, July 19 for all PS4 owners. Kill Strain is one of the service-based games from San Diego Studio, along with Guns Up! (available now) and Drawn To Death (available later this year), which will be free to download upon live release
Now for the big surprise! We are excited to announce that over the course of the Limited Access, all users who Level up to 20 on or before Monday, July 4 at 11:59 PM Pacific will be automatically rewarded at the close of the beta with an exclusive in-game item — The Vanguard Vincent! This is a limited time offer, so be sure to sign up now. Stay tuned as we’ll have more details and information next week on the Limited Access and Vanguard Vincent.
On behalf of the entire development team, we would like to thank those who have joined us throughout the game’s development, those who came in for focus groups, played at some point in our Private Access stages, those who played during our Limited Access stages, and those who are still to join us. Kill Strain is a game that strives to be community driven and without the interest and support of all of you we wouldn’t be where we are. We genuinely thank all of you who have tried Kill Strain to date and look to welcome all who will try it in the future.
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2016/06/22/kill-strain-launching-july-19-early-access-for-ps-plus/

Experien

I tried playing this once and it just didn't do it for me. Odd combinations and just didn't seem balanced unless you got extremely lucky as the disease.

Daft Punk

Banned
Played the demo and there is a sneaky bit of strategy to the game that's not apparent the first couple of times you play. I'll play it again. :)

pelican

Sorry if I have missed something, but when does the Early Access on Plus become available.

I've not had chance to check this out yet.

(I hope I like it more than Drawn to Death as it did nothing for me)

wapplew

Good luck Sony San Diego, all their f2p initiative seems can't take off, Guns up, Kill strain and Drawn to death...

Bishop89

well, its out (at least the beta or whatever it is).

Any impressions?

Saw some youtube videos and it looks aight. I'd want to be the mutant pretty much all the time

barit

Is this a MOBA?

Too bad I'm Paragon addicted the last few weeks on my PS4. GAF never told me how awesome Epic's MOBA is but I'll keep an eye on Kill Strain. You can't have enough MOBAs I guess lol

Battleborn and SMITE were super disappointing for me

I'll be brutally honest: the way they announced this game and the title has made me not even bother checking it out. Just bad vibes and it's a real shame if the game is actually great.

Pretty sure both yellow and blue team lost the game I was just in to a team of mutants with no players since no one really knows how to play yet haha.

I like playing as mutants so far. Game seems okay.

Yaster

Only played one match, I'm going to give it a bit more of a chance before I decide whether or not to delete it.

Call it a MOBA if you want, I assume that not all MOBAs have to follow the same format of multiple lanes, minions (creeps), towers and whatnot. Kill Strain is more like like a top down twin stick action game. I guess you ARE doing battle in an arena, it's online and multiplayer. Hopefully I have understood what MOBA actually stands for just there.

It's not an eSports title though. It's 3 teams and one of those teams is a lot smaller than the other 2, the object for them being to try and drag people into their team. You can't play as part of a esports focused team if you're going to eventually be playing against your team mates. Also, at this stage there doesn't appear to be a party system.

It's an interesting concept, but I have a feeling that a lot of people will give it one look and then delete.

KiraXD

Will there be trophies? Seems weird that there arent any (yet) but it is early access so hopefully they throw them in...

every other f2p game on ps4 has trophies. (Even the shitty frozen match3gem one lol)

Edit:

Just tweeted them and...

VWSIloB.jpg

barit

God damn the performance on PS4 is reaaally bad. And this is from Sony San Diego ? Wow

Game is confusing as hell with it's three team-style gameplay. Welp going back to Paragon I guess

Too bad this thread is dead, game deserves better.

I finally got a chance to play this last night and played three matches and really enjoyed it.

There are problems, a main one of mine is that there no ingame stats for playtime, w# of matcnes, and win/loss stuff. I lve those stats.i think that there may be a website for it but I can't get it to work at all so no stat tracking ingame right now despite it still being tracked for trophies. Lame.

$5 per character is kinda high for a non fighting game, but since its f2p not oo bad. Gotta love that you have to pay real money and around $7.50 for skins :lol. You also should be able to choose your free character from all of them. No free girl character is just ugh.

The characters themselves don't look good. None of them except that fire strain one.

Also the turtorial sucks. "Take the grenades to the base...for some reason." (I think its the suit.) Tutorial also doesn't say how to stop the strain at all (I think I figured it out as getting to their base and killing i tbefore time runs out, but still wouldn't know how to win against the other team.)

Despite all the problems, I actually did have quite a bit of fun with it, so I'll stick around atleast for a short while to see if I want to keep playing.

Didn't know Guns Up was also by them, I'll check it out, Patagon and another SD game coming this year too is cool. As someone who is poor its great having more F2P games to try out even if I'm not too into any of them right now.

But overall I did enjoy it and plan to play more for now! Check it out if you haven't yet since its free!

Edit: Also all teams should just take out the strain first then try to take out each other. XD.

I think the game is canny but stopped playing it now. Can't believe there's only 1 map. That gets old quickly. Bought a few characters with the gold. Which is a grind fest.

Easiest way to win for me is take the canisters to the station in the centre to power up your mech suit, then go attack the opposite base (or strain) with your team and it's over quite quickly.

Although most don't seem to have clocked that and just go about doing whatever.

I'd have probs played much more if there were more maps. But it's very limited the way it is but the gameplay and game itself isn't bad at all.

Top Bottom