• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 4 Multiplayer Summer Update/ Patch 1.08 Release On June 29

Our first Multiplayer DLC release and next major update to Uncharted 4 Multiplayer will be released on Wednesday, June 29 – next week. This update will mark the first content release in the Multiplayer Roadmap we revealed before launch. If you’re an owner of the Triple Pack, this release will also include the items for MP Pack #1.

We’re all excited about this release because not only does it include a lot of great content – like our first free map (!!!) – but it includes updates to Multiplayer that many of you have been asking for. We’re just scratching the surface by saying it includes new guns, new boosters, new taunts, new skins, custom matches, custom loadout names, a revamp to Ranked Team Deathmatch, and more! There’s one in particular we won’t reveal here, but you can probably guess what it is if you’ve been tracking what is likely the most requested new feature by our community.

http://www.naughtydog.com/blog/patch_1_08_and_first_multiplayer_dlc_preview_on_twitch?utm_content=sf29613494&utm_medium=spredfast&utm_source=twitter&utm_campaign=Naughty+Dog&sf29613494=1

In terms of content here is what to expect from the roadmap shown prior to release

26724906131_42b3142be4_b.jpg

eFKac

Nice, just maxed rank and wanted to take a break until the DLC drops. Had no idea it would be so soon!

Xav

I honestly forgot Uncharted 4 multi-player was a thing until I saw this thread.

Loved the game itself but the multi-player I dropped after like an hour or two. It's weird because I remember playing Uncharted 2 multi-player quite a bit back in the day.

Sweet. I hope they fix the map rotation. Sometimes i play the same map 2-3 times in a row without changing lobbies.

The new mysticals were found in a share factory update a few weeks back.

Great timing. I'm at a point where I unlocked so much stuff i'm saving relics for this update.

There’s one in particular we won’t reveal here, but you can probably guess what it is if you’ve been tracking what is likely the most requested new feature by our community.

WHAT ARE THEY TALKIN BOUT HERE? IS IT HORDE MODE CUZ IM WAITING

Drakes Family beach house

LOL Naughty dawg pls

I honestly forgot Uncharted 4 multi-player was a thing until I saw this thread.

Loved the game itself but the multi-player I dropped after like an hour or two. It's weird because I remember playing Uncharted 2 multi-player quite a bit back in the day.
Exact same boat here. Felt really outdated/dull to me.

jjonez18

Really hoping for the Cinema Replay Mode. Hate having to use the share button. You don't get to see other people's perspective or move around the map. Still sour that was never added to TLOU's multiplayer.

Bebpo

Banned
Wait, they're adding a co-op mode? Uhhhh, that should have been there at launch for those of us not interested in competitive MP who they want to keep playing. I guess better late than never.

Going to laugh if the feature "everyone has been asking for" is just a level progression system. Naughty Dog's post-release support for Uncharted multiplayer has always been weird.

Going to laugh if the feature "everyone has been asking for" is just a level progression system. Naughty Dog's post-release support for Uncharted multiplayer has always been weird.

It is undoubtedly a level progression system. It is by and far the most requested feature, bar none.

Now, if they could just add in Team Objective mode, Id jump back on.

Is there still a good number of people playing multiplayer? I'd like to get into it based on what I've seen from streams and such.

Yes, absolutely. The community for ND games is always surprisingly strong.

ron_bato

Have not played mp for a while so this is welcome news.

Edit: just saw the settings for private matches, and those are pretty good options to have.

The ability to turn off downed states and the in game store should be welcome news for some.

Were these settings a thing before?

Have not played mp for a while so this is welcome news.

Edit: just saw the settings for private matches, and those are pretty good options to have.

The ability to turn off downed states and the in game store should be welcome news for some.

Were these settings a thing before?

Pretty sure those settings already exist for private matches.

Hoje0308

Banned
Hoping there's at least one more map coming this summer. The roadmap they presented indicates multiple maps each season.

New feature is most likely MP levels. There's literally 1-2 threads a day in the ND forums asking for it.
Wish I could get Diamond Rank, still stuck in Platinum II because I can win two f-ing matches in the qualifications to save my life.

Hunting Rifle and Shorty please.

But we already have the Mazur and Pistole. In fact, I'm wondering what they mean by new weapons. New hero weapons?

Hopefully we get new heroes and villains. Also hoping that we get a map based around the "pirate city" towards the end game of campaign.

Best wishes.

NastyBook

There’s one in particular we won’t reveal here, but you can probably guess what it is if you’ve been tracking what is likely the most requested new feature by our community.
Classic (UC2) mode?

WinFonda

Cinema mode ( replay ) is the "mystery" thing?

It's not on their list, but it's on the "roadmap".

It's the leveling/progression system.

Blech...

Sounds like we're not getting any additional modes anytime soon. Shit...

the new map is cool, I like that we're getting stuff as its immediately available rather than having to wait for it to be bundled

Goreomedy

Console Market Analyst
It will probably be the juggernaught one.
Also how many ranks are there in Uncharted 4 on RTDM? I heard something will happen and its good that you rank up now.
Not sure how they decide ranks, but it punishes a support class play style. My Uncharted partner plays medic, and I'm more offensive. After being ranked, we are too far apart to play together. It's bullshit.

Top Bottom