• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Enderal (Skyrim Mod) launch trailer

I wonder if someone's gonna make a topic? This is pretty much its own game, what little I've played of it feels like a cross between Oblivion and almost like Baldur's Gate 1.

You have places to wander, a clear narrative hook, and a lot of mini-adventures to plot out. The combat is still ass but it always feels nice to "find" something out in the wilderness. The world really is hand crafted and in many places denser and prettier than even Skyrim, just less snow and more grass and rocks. A bit too many rocks in my opinion.

Also has plenty of glitches. Disappearing NPCs, invisible models, missing textures in books and an infinite gold glitch in the first town.

Curious about this as well. Can we use our main game characters?
Edit: need to find a faq for this game

Can't carry over new characters since it's a new game, "fresh start" style. Different races and even a different level system. It also has a much longer opening and tutorial section than Skyrim, almost like twice as long.

I dunno about the graphics mods, apparently on the Reddit it was mentioned that the game would work with ENB but it would screw with some of the graphics since it wasn't fully compatible.

bee

wow this is a seriously high quality mod, just got one issue, 'level up' seems to be stuck on my screen, how do i level up or get rid of it? pressed all buttons/keys and can't find it

Corpekata

Banned
Most mods aren't compatible yet. It does come with some mods like SkyUI, script extender, etc.

They suggest not using ENBs because they aren't tailored toward the game (ENB might make some scenes look strange) but they should work.

I've played it since it first released (German version) and I really think it has better writing than many big budget RPGs over the years (exceptions like The Witcher 3). Plus it has better voice acting than Bethesda's games. I heard the English voice acting is very good too. Highly recommended to anyone who enjoys RPGs, their previous one (Nehrim for Oblivion) is fantastic too and it takes part in the same world/lore they've established. Enderal is something I'd pay money for.

For those confused what Enderal is, it's not just a mod for Skyrim, it's a whole new game, nothing at all connected to Skyrim, not even the same landscape. It's basically a new game in the Gamebryo engine at this point. You just need the Skyrim game of course.

Top Bottom