• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Deep Silver publishing Persona 5, SMT4A, 7th Dragon (& more Sega/Atlus games?) in EU

Nibel

oh and and SMT IV: Apocalypse

https://twitter.com/deepsilver/status/750661060852649984

PR
Munich, Germany, July 6 – Deep Silver, SEGA® of America, Inc., and Atlus U.S.A., Inc. are entering a collaboration to publish multiple ATLUS- and SEGA-brand titles on consoles and handheld devices across all European & PAL territories.

The publishing deal will cover the wide array of future titles for both physical and digital versions across PAL territories, including the SEGA title 7th Dragon III Code: VFD, and the ATLUS titles Shin Megami Tensei IV: Apocalypse, and the hotly anticipated Persona 5.

“We are delighted to have signed this publishing partnership and look forward to using all our pan-European publishing network to maximize the potential of the ATLUS and SEGA games” said Dr. Klemens Kundratitz, CEO of Koch Media/Deep Silver.

”In entering this partnership with Deep Silver, I am truly delighted we will be able to release our titles in the European regions,” said Naoto Hiraoka, CEO, Atlus U.S.A., Inc., and senior vice president of Publishing, Sega of America, Inc. “Not only does the deal span multiple titles, but Deep Silver has a strong presence in European and PAL retailers. They have a strong passion for being able to deliver physical games to our fans in those territories, which we hold in high regard.”

More news to follow shortly on these exciting titles!

Atlus USA Statement
Take a seat real quick, Europe; we need to talk. I know we haven't always gotten along together, but that's the past. And the past is the past. We're looking toward the future. And it's a bright one, because Atlus U.S.A. and SEGA of America are partnering with Deep Silver to release multiple upcoming titles in Europe.

Wait, am I talking about Persona 5? You bet I am. Oh, and there's more! Shin Megami Tensei IV: Apocalypse too. And the SEGA title 7th Dragon III Code: VFD. All releasing in Europe in both physical and digital form. And it doesn't stop there, more ATLUS and SEGA titles are in the works for this publishing deal.

We don't have any timetables for any release dates yet (it's safe to say 7th Dragon III Code: VFD won't ship simultaneously), but we'll have more on release dates in the coming weeks.

TheBowen

Sat alone in a boggy marsh
Well its good to hear that its getting published atleast

Didnt deep silver also publish catherine ? And that game took like a year to get to the EU.

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
I can just see Deep Silver bidding for it going 'Me! Me! MEEEEEEEEE!'

Also Sega Europe = useless fuckers.

artsi

Deep Silver does what Sega don't.
IIRC they also published Catherine.

But good news to all my European brothers and sisters.

Eolz

So Deep Silver is the new official partner? Thought it'd be the case after KOF XIV.
Hope we get cool collectors editions like we did with NISA, but at least we'll get physical releases this time...

Now we just need release dates.

napata

Why doesn't Atlus have a European branch? Do their games not sell well enough there and is it not worth the startup costs?

Pachael

Between this and KOFXIV I wonder if this is a longer term relationship between Deep Silver and Atlus/Sega.

Sega Europe is now literally a PC house with a tiny (if any) localisation unit.

redcrayon

Can we stick SMT Apocalypse in the subject line? Pretty good news seeing as it wasn't confirmed for Europe previously, and was in a much dicier position than Persona 5 due to 3DS Region lock.

Zafir

Figured if anyone would, they might. They published Catherine, and will be publishing King of Fighters XIV.

I'd hope like KoF they may get it out around the same date, but it's a bigger project. I also wonder whether they'd bring over the CE. I don't think they've bothered bringing over the KoF CE, so it's probably unlikely.

-GJ-

Nice! They also published Catherine in Europe. The bad thing about this is that it took 'em 7 months to do so. Well, 7 months is a lot better than the time it would take Atlus (or SEGA) to publish it in Europe.

Sounds like they're doing SEGA Europe's stuff too.

This caught me completely off-guard. So damn happy. Bring on the Project DIVAs and Classic Collections!

I have nothing against Deep Silver and I'm sure they'll do a good job with Persona 5 but why the hell would Sega pass on the publishing rights for that game? It makes absolutely no sense. Someone (
Jason Schreier, I'm paging you
) should write a piece about the handling of Atlus in Europe because it has been one of the most fascinating clusterfucks of the last few years.

Top Bottom