• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Teen finds body in river while playing Pokemon Go

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shaanyboi

Banned
http://www.ktvq.com/story/32403198/wyoming-teen-playing-new-pokemon-game-on-phone-discovers-body
Shayla Wiggins, a 19-year-old Riverton resident, found a body floating in the Wind River on Friday morning around 8:40 a.m.

County 10 reports that Shayla woke up and began playing a game on her cell phone called Pokemon Go, a virtual reality game that encourages the user to capture as many Pokemon as possible.

"The Pokemons are all over Riverton," she said. "I was trying to get a Pokemon from a natural water resource."

She said that she jumped over the fence to go towards the river in search of a Pokemon.

"I was walking towards the bridge along the shore when I saw something in the water," Shayla said. "I had to take a second look and I realized it was a body."

She said the body was floating about three feet from the shore and it looked like an average size male body.

Ummmmm

250px-092Gastly.png

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
She said that she jumped over the fence to go towards the river in search of a Pokemon.

This game is going to promote trespassing for people that don't know any better.

toxicgonzo

Taxes?! Isn't this the line for Metallica?
I wonder if the person died playing Pokemon Go too.
Somebody is going to die playing this game.

Either they will not pay attention and be run over by a vehicle
or
they will wander onto somebody's property and get shot.

Tangeroo

Somebody is going to die playing this game.

Either they will not pay attention and be run over by a vehicle
or
they will wander onto somebody's property and get shot.

Honestly, that's what I thought this story was going to be about before reading it.

I'm really worried there's going to be a tragedy because of castle doctrine. If there's a pokemon in front of a strangers house that your're trying to catch, and the stranger sees you and thinks you're doing something suspicious on their property....something bad might happen. Use caution when trying to find pokemon at night,trainers.

Man i'm genuinely surprised at all the Pokemon Go news stories.

My Facebook wall is filled with my friends finding Pokemon on their toilets, houses, and some random shenanigans.

I work at Digital Marketing, and its been quite a while since I saw an app draw this much attention.

Ploid 3.0

I'm hoping this game don't cause kids to end up where they shouldn't be all to find a virtual pokemon. What if the body was close to a person that just killed it.

Nanashrew

Banned
Train tracks are fun and full of Pokemon!

The first Pokemon game had a Stand By Me reference of four kids walking on some train tracks.

For real though, I hope no one starts trespassing on people's properties for Pokemon. That can easily turn very bad.

Dennis

Banned
Go outside they said.

You need to get fresh air they said.

I am just going to stay home and play my video games.

True Detective Pikachu Season 1 here we go.

This is kind of unrelated to the article (except how it's presented), but I find it off that they call her a teen when she is 19. Normally she'd be referred to as an adult, but I suspect they did it so they can have the word "teen" in the headline as it seems more shocking that a kid would find a dead body than an adult.

On topic, I do wonder if Pokemon Go is going to cause lots of kids and teens to wander in places that are unsafe.

I'm really worried there's going to be a tragedy because of castle doctrine. If there's a pokemon in front of a strangers house that your're trying to catch, and the stranger sees you and thinks you're doing something suspicious on their property....something bad might happen. Use caution when trying to find pokemon at night,trainers.

Giovanni does not fuck around.

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
This is kind of unrelated to the article (except how it's presented), but I find it off that they call her a teen when she is 19. Normally she'd be referred to as an adult, but I suspect they did it so they can have the word "teen" in the headline as it seems more shocking that a kid would find a dead body than an adult.

On topic, I do wonder if Pokemon Go is going to cause lots of kids and teens to wander in places that are unsafe.

NineTEEN.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
My coworker was playing this last night and nearly got into a car crash with another group of people playing it.

Edit: I'm also waiting for someone to get eaten by a bear won't traipsing through the woods on the hunt for wild Pokémon.

Shaanyboi

Banned

My girlfriend was just telling me some kid apparently wandered into a bad neighborhood and got their phone stolen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom