• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo stock hits a 5-year high

wolflink

Banned
I am worried
Imean the stock value of nintendo almost doubled
That is a lot of money in litlle time and with little investment

I hope ninty doesn go the app way

I hope there is a master plan behind this ecosystem wich doesnt throw away traditional gamers.

Ninferno

That's not saying much; we have seen Nintendo's stock price getting much higher during the DS-Wii Era.

TYO7974_zpsjlokx5ma.png

Having say that, well, the fact that one single app (that is not even developed by Nintendo despite having huge stake in it) managed to send Nintendo to what it is at right now is a miracle nonetheless. However, stock price is about speculation and expectation. To sustain such "high hope", Nintendo will have to deliver in its own mobile games to come (we are counting on you, Animal Crossing Mobile Fest!). If they failed to achieve comparable success or could not come out soon enough, that 75%-ish price gain can also perish in a matter of days.

timlot

Banned
Great for Nintendo

Though they shouldn't depend on the fickle smartphone audience. Which will be on to the next thing by the fall.

A gradual rise would show more overall company strength.

msft

casiopao

Great for Nintendo

Though they shouldn't depend on the fickle smartphone audience. Which will be on to the next thing by the fall.

A gradual rise would show more overall company strength.

msft

Ummm. Comparing Nintendo which is specifically a gaming company vs Microsoft is tad a bit unfair right?^_^

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
2014 was a good small spike because it was such a amazing year for WiiU, like everyone was admitting that they wanted one that year, wanted one, but never actually bought one, atleast in as much as it was wanted

Top Bottom