• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tales of Berseria PS4 Demo announced for Japan (battle + scenario modes, August 4th)

Update:

Bandai Namco announced today that they’re releasing a new demo for Tales of Berseria for PlayStation 4 via the Japanese PlayStation Store starting August 4, 2016. Famitsu shares further details.

The new demo on PS4 comes with two modes. “Scenario Mode” will feature a bit of story and will let you participate in some battles, field exploration, and take a peek at the chat system.

The “Battle Mode” doesn’t have any story going on, but it’ll focus more on battles with enemies so you can get a better sample of the Liberation LMBS.
Read more at http://www.siliconera.com/2016/07/2...-4-scenario-battle-modes/#TcO7Aoe6pVc8JRA4.99

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
What they need to do is give us the PS3 version of Vesperia instead.
The year is 2016.

A lunatic fringe group still waits outside the doors to Namco Bandai's headquarters. Their hair is messy, their clothes covered in mud and muck and dirt. Several of them still wear pins with early 2010's slang. One man - dressed like a college student, but clearly in his 30's - has a pin prominently displayed reading "SWAG," placed directly on the face of his Suiseiseki shirt. She is his waifu, although he would not recognize the term.

"Give us Vesperia PS3!" The crowd demands.

Inside the building, the executives look down on the crowd from above. Behind them is a large mountain of gifts, each labeled with a lovingly crafted tag reminiscent of what your grandmother would put on a carefully wrapped Christmas present. "Dual audio," one reads. "Near simultaneous worldwide release," reads another. "All games are now localized," a third one boasts.

"Why do they not appreciate what we do for them now?" One man asks. A man at his side looks down at the crowd, and his face contorts in a mixture of pity and disappointment.

"They have been driven mad," he responds, "because their loli pirate girl has eluded them."

ANFxHNV.jpg

Bladenic

Seriously, Vesperia begging in this thread? And it's serious? It's been aover half a decade, fucking move on or import the damn game and play it, Jesus.

Anyway I hope Berseria is better than Zesty sauce.

Tailzo

I'll download it from my asian psn account. I have skipped a lot of Tales games, but I keep hoping I'll be interested in the next one.

Fisico

First public (as in not store only) demo since Graces f, isn't it?

I don't remember seeing one for both Xillia and there certainly wasn't one for Zestiria indeed.

It may mean that they're more confident on the product and/or that they had enough time to develop a demo in top of the main game (or that the marketing pushed harder to have a demo, but I don't want to believe in this one)

Mendrox

You can already play it since over a year... with a CFW.

I want to play the demo so badly now!

I would totally agree to the vanilla version if it was hard dubbing the PS3 version now after all these years.

Or even take the PS3 version with English subtitle.

It exists. Why did nobody notice this? lol

For anyone else that is clueless:

http://talesofvesperia.net/

Mendrox

The Problem is, most people that own a ps3 would have updated to another firmware, and you can only do a CFW without hardware mods if you have a ps3 with a firmware 3.55 and lower.

Unless i missed something.

It's not like that there a billions of CFW PS3 on this earth (for cheap) and also a hardware downgrade is cheap too. It's just the solution for everyone crying about the PS3 version. Namco won't do that so you fortunately have another awesome option (the translation is very good).

It's not like that there a billions of CFW PS3 on this earth (for cheap) and also a hardware downgrade is cheap too. It's just the solution for everyone crying about the PS3 version. Namco won't do that so you fortunately have another awesome option (the translation is very good).

sigh. Id do it in a heartbeat, but i really dont want to buy a 3rd ps3 (1st one Broke) for one game. Man, i wish it was easier to softmod a ps3. Im in australia, so id have to send mine away overseas to actually hardware mod it.

I want it too, but it is time to let it go. :(

Let it go man.

Seriously, Vesperia begging in this thread? And it's serious? It's been over half a decade, fucking move on or import the damn game and play it, Jesus.

Why not? They can port over the medicore Tales games from last gen under the sun, yet they can't do the same with one of the best Tales games ever?

I find that hard to believe.

Dio

Banned
This actually plays pretty nicely. Less abhorrent camera fuck ups - I think they got things right this time. Haven't jumped into the series since the original Xillia. For some reason you get to ride a skateboard.

A rune skateboard, but still. I haven't been keeping up with the news regarding this game so I was surprised.

Absolutely rock-solid 60fps, an inoffensive camera, and better IQ makes this a lot more fun than the little bit I played of Zestiria, with its god awful framerate and IQ making the wonky camera even less fun to deal with.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
This actually plays pretty nicely. Less abhorrent camera fuck ups - I think they got things right this time. Haven't jumped into the series since the original Xillia. For some reason you get to ride a skateboard.

A rune skateboard, but still. I haven't been keeping up with the news regarding this game so I was surprised.

Absolutely rock-solid 60fps, an inoffensive camera, and better IQ makes this a lot more fun than the little bit I played of Zestiria, with its god awful framerate and IQ making the wonky camera even less fun to deal with.
Switched characters and tried the different playstyles?

Dio

Banned
Switched characters and tried the different playstyles?

Somewhat. You've got your typical magic caster, Jude-like fist user (Velvet) with a cool demon arm mechanic that drains her own HP, sword user, et cetera. I'm still working out their quirks since I'm unfamiliar with the combat system, but it's pretty straightforward.

It's not too far into the actual game since everyone is level 25, so I don't know the extend of the character's endgame playstyle. I'd wait for someone to put up a proper video.

http://gematsu.com/2016/03/tales-of-berseria-details-break-soul-system
http://blog.talesofgame.com/en/the-...-check-out-eizens-and-eleanors-battle-styles/

In the meantime, character portraits:

I'm liking everyone, and the end of battle skits are pretty funny. No stupid mascot that I've seen so far but supposedly there's one in the game.

Raijinken

How are you guys taking screenshots? I can't seem to take any on the PS4 demo. Is there a PS3 demo out as well or something?

Dio

Banned
How are you guys taking screenshots? I can't seem to take any on the PS4 demo. Is there a PS3 demo out as well or something?

By pressing the Share button and copying the images to my flash drive. How are you trying to do it?

raven777

does the graphics actually look as bad as those screenshots, or better in motion?

I want it too, but it is time to let it go. :(

Hope to see some streams from GAF.

Let it go man.

Hahah, I love how this keeps coming up every single time someone talks about Tales

agreed tho :(

In times like this I'd like to remind you of MGS4 trophy patch and Shenmue 3.

Never let it go!

Rpgmonkey

I liked it overall. The 60FPS is a factor, but the game just plain feels faster and more responsive than Zestiria did. It's almost too fast, the game actually has a pretty good rhythm if you bother to work with it, but it's easy to get swept up in the commotion and feel like you should just mash to keep up with everything going on.

Coming from basically every other Tales game, the new control scheme did take some getting used to. A bunch of buttons got switched around from where they normally are on a dual shock controller and I kept pressing the wrong stuff.

Graphics are ok I guess. Nothing special at all but it looks pretty clean and colorful. The coastal area looks better than the other place, which isn't really nice to look at at all.

And there were skits and stuff, but even the story based demo I felt was more about exploring and fighting stuff than cutscenes and dialogue. :p

Dio

Banned
does the graphics actually look as bad as those screenshots, or better in motion?

I saved them as PNGs and uploaded them to a hosting service where they retain all quality. Basically, those are direct feed level quality screenshots, so it isn't compression. The game looks a little bit better in motion, but Tales games have always been graphically subpar if you're looking for high quality textures and models. They recycle shit constantly, including monsters and various models.

Yazuka

Just tried the demo a bit. I liked it a lot! Early 2017 can't come soon enough.
I really liked that you could take screenshots, hopefully Bandai Namco learned from Zestiria.

Top Bottom