• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The two greatest toys from childhood.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spy

GcqYRiL.jpg

RrPWYqX.jpg

Who had these?

UPDATE

Screw the thread title, this needs to be here too.

gVUy7GN.jpg

and this...

wDlZCQ4.jpg

this too...

HJtkXPj.jpg

cr0w

Old Member
Had both, but my personal favorite was the USS Flagg aircraft carrier from GI Joe. Walking into the living room on Christmas morning and seeing a 7 foot aircraft carrier on the floor was incredible.

All I had was a bunch of Star Wars, GI Joe, and Batman toys. Just a Batcave, Batmobile, Millennium Falcon and things like that. Also that sweet Fisher Price castle and pirate ship.

Had both, but my personal favorite was the USS Flagg aircraft carrier from GI Joe. Walking into the living room on Christmas morning and seeing a 7 foot aircraft carrier on the floor was incredible.

How old were you when you got it? Just curious because it seem like a vivid memory you are especially fond of.

Matty77

The only one of those I particularly cared for was etch a sketch. However I did have a friend that saved his ring toss and it was in great condition, so when we all became teenagers and started smoking pot that was left out in the room and we all got more use out of it then we ever did as kids.

cr0w

Old Member
How old were you when you got it? Just curious because it seem like a vivid memory you are especially fond of.

I was 6 or 7 at the time. It was either 1986 or 87, I can't remember which. It's one of my favorite childhood memories because my dad stayed up all night assembling it and attaching it to a piece of plywood so it could be carried to my room without falling apart. He had a drinking problem, but when he was sober he would try really hard to do right by me and my brother.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom