• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT9| The Wrath of Khan!

Status
Not open for further replies.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
It's a lot of fun. You get a lot of no answers this early in the cycle. Usually, though, you're speaking to people who already lean towards Hillary. People aren't usually that rude. Worst thing I've ever gotten is people who say "I'm voting for her, leave me alone." I've never been cussed out or yelled at or anything too bad.

The numbers are from known/likely supporters, usually. Give it a shot. It can help a lot, and if you hate it, you don't have to do it again. You can find other ways to help. :)

So registered Ds at the very least, then? That's comforting, because I live in one of the most Appalachian, virulently pro-Trump areas of the state. I guess I'll try it once and see if it's for me since there's essentially no Democratic party apparatus elsewhere in the county. Thanks!

itschris

8XIzNrz.png

https://twitter.com/KatyTurNBC/status/763541615189303296

HjsMEuo.png

https://twitter.com/aseitzwald/status/763542201204867072

So registered Ds at the very least, then? That's comforting, because I live in one of the most Appalachian, virulently pro-Trump areas of the state. I guess I'll try it once and see if it's for me since there's essentially no Democratic party apparatus elsewhere in the county. Thanks!

Ya, it's typically not completely cold calling. It's people who have registered as Democrats or have been in contact with the campaign (or other Democratic campaigns) You probably won't be calling people in your direct area anyway. You may call other states, it just depends.

The worst thing is when you get an older person who won't let you get off the phone. But, sometimes they have cool stories. Like, you may be the only contact from a campaign that person gets, so just speaking to them leaves a good impression.

Katy Tur ‏@KatyTurNBC 4m4 minutes ago
I could've given a less attractive picture but I wanted a nice one -Trump says of the Clinton pic he used for one of his show and tell cards

Hazmat

Mark Foley's smile is creepy to begin with, but once you combine that with those instant messenger chat logs from when he got busted, yikes. I need a shower.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
I can't believe he's trying to connect Obama and Isis. Makes zero sense. Nobody but the dumbest of the dumb will believe this.

Trump and this Rolling Stones song. I'm convinced that Trump just likes this song and completely spaces out on listening to the lyrics.

Seth Rich's parents aren't happy about the GOP and Assange promoting the idea that their son was murdered on Hillary's orders.

"The family welcomes any and all information that could lead to the identification of the individuals responsible, and certainly welcomes contributions that could lead to new avenues of investigation," Brad Bauman, a spokesman for the family, told International Business Times. "That said, some are attempting to politicize this horrible tragedy, and in their attempts to do so, are actually causing more harm than good and impeding on the ability for law enforcement to properly do their job. For the sake of finding Seth's killer, and for the sake of giving the family the space they need at this terrible time, they are asking for the public to refrain from pushing unproven and harmful theories about Seth's murder."

http://www.ibtimes.com/seth-richs-f...ories-about-dnc-staffers-murder-after-2400026

His friends aren't happy either:

But one of Rich's closest friends, Miles Mawby, told the Daily Mail Online that the idea that Rich was the source who gave the leaked DNC documents to Wikileaks was 'absolutely absurd.'
'Never in a million years,' said Mawby, who had known Rich since 2011 and was with him on the Friday evening before he was killed.
'[People are] fanning flames of wild rumors from the internet from conspiracy theorists. It's absolutely absurd. Seth was one of the most dedicated people I've ever met. His day-to-day work…that got him up in the morning.'
Mawby said Rich was happy with his job at the DNC and supportive of Clinton's presidential campaign.

Retro

I think the GOP's only hope is to move to the left, just as the democrats moved to the right with Bill in '92. I get the feeling the democratic party is going to look more like Bernie than Hillary in the near future, so I think the GOP should make a play for the Joe Manchin, blue dog types and scrape off the alt-right crowd in the process. It's their only hope to ever hold the presidency again.

Right, that's what I was getting at; they can't do that when they party as a whole is beholden to the extreme right fringe. If the GOP implodes and that far right fringe breaks away, I think it's much more believable that the party can then make that move towards center.

And again, I'm not saying it will happen, but it's one way 2020 could look more like an actual election and not a circus... though that's almost always the case, it's just... so much worse this year.

ampere

If there's one thing I miss about the past, or at least our romanticized ideal of it, it's that having a baseline of respect for the sitting president was needed to be considered patriotic.

or like, evidence based criticism

this is literally "black guy with foreign name = isis"

So now we have confirmation that Trump has made donations to a pedophile. I wonder if that was in lieu of or in addition to his donations to NAMBLA.

I mean, it was probably before he knew, I hope. But, still, Trump's campaign will issue a professional and coherent letter, saying that they disavow the endorsement. And that Mr. Trump regr---hahahahahahaha

@mat_johnson 2m2 minutes ago
Many people are saying that Trump founded NAMBLA. NAMBLA is honoring Trump. He is the founder of NAMBLA. He’s the founder! He founded NAMBLA

Can someone please save my party like they did with this climber?

This is the final form of the Southern Strategy. The GOP nurtured and harnessed this part of the electorate for decades. You can't just magically fix decades of fuckery. I would love for their to be a healthy conservative party, I think it's necessary for a healthy democracy, but that ship has sailed, friend.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom