• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Torment: Tides of Numenera also coming to consoles (PS4, Xbox One)

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
I hope this means controller support at launch on the PC version.

I played about 1/4 of the way through Wasteland 2 on PC and gave up because I was sick of being hunched over my computer at night after being hunched over it all day at work.

When they put controller support into it with a patch, I played through the entire game comfy couch and loved it.

Same thing happened with Divinity 2.

CHC

Great.

Here's hoping for a full controller support on PC.

Yup, after the gamepad implementation in Divinity Original Sin I'm a pretty staunch believer that any game can be gamepad-friendly if the developer is willing to put in the legwork to make it so.

nynt9

I hope this means controller support at launch on the PC version.

I played about 1/4 of the way through Wasteland 2 on PC and gave up because I was sick of being hunched over my computer at night after being hunched over it all day at work.

When they put controller support into it with a patch, I played through the entire game comfy couch and loved it.

Same thing happened with Divinity 2.

May I recommend a steam controller?

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
Maybe this will give Obsidian a kick in the pants to bring Pillars of Eternity to the consoles. It doesn't have to happen but it would be cool.

Edit: Just watched the trailer and this game is looking great!

Corpekata

Banned
Maybe this will give Obsidian a kick in the pants to bring Pillars of Eternity to the consoles. It doesn't have to happen but it would be cool.

Edit: Just watched the trailer and this game is looking great!

Pillars is real time, so it's unlikely. The cRPG types that will get ported will be turn based.

Shin-chan

As a backer will there be a way I can ask for a PS4 copy? I won't have my pc with me when this releases.

Hope it turns out good too. The early footage I saw looked pretty bad honestly, but that was a while ago even now.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
As a backer will there be a way I can ask for a PS4 copy? I won't have my pc with me when this releases.

Hope it turns out good too. The early footage I saw looked pretty bad honestly, but that was a while ago even now.

I forgot I backed this game haha. Man I backed a lot of stuff a few years ago. This looks to be coming together nicely.

Buggy Loop

Excellent!

Although I do admit I haven't followed the game closely. How's it shaping up?

Played the full backer beta on steam and its marvelous, i have not played a game with as interesting side stories, npc conversations and amazing world lore since the original Torment, seriously. When i finished the 1st chapter i just wanted more. I did every side quests and they were all interesting, all NPCs' conversations added to the lore in some way.

Dude. The last of Us. Dark souls series. C'mon

Oh you've got to be trolling..

Saphirax

Played the full backer beta on steam and its marvelous, i have not played a game with as interesting side stories, npc conversations and amazing world lore since the original Torment, seriously. When i finished the 1st chapter i just wanted more. I did every side quests and they were all interesting, all NPCs' conversations added to the lore in some way.

Oh you've got to be trolling..

Just what I wanted to hear, thanks!

DeviantBoi

I want to know this, too.

I backed the game. I'd be willing to pay extra ($5 or so) to get it for PS4.

I figured it would probably end up on consoles,but expect it till some time after the PC version. Great to see though, wasteland 2 and divinity OS really proved that these types of games can work well on console (Divinity's controller support being possibly the only time a control scheme has managed to make me audibly Wow)

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
May I recommend a steam controller?

I've had a steam controller since launch. It's way too fiddly for my tastes... it's basically just a track pad.

A developer actually making an interface that is for a real controller is exponentially better than the half-baked solution the steam controller provides.

Regginator

Fucking disgusting. Fucking console sellouts. Beg money for a PC fucking game, four years ago - take the money - delay for years and end up designing for consoles. You deserve fucking nothing and i hope thats what you'll get from now on. Hope you'll enjoy those slimmy console money, you lying fucks

From the YouTube comment section.

Miletius

Good news, but lets not get ahead of ourselves and say that the story is going to be amazing yet. It's promising, but we won't know until it's released if the writing will be any good.

adj_noun

Do not forget to let people adjust the text size.

The absolute worst thing for this game's console version would be ant sized text. *shudder*

Lusankya

Good news, but lets not get ahead of ourselves and say that the story is going to be amazing yet. It's promising, but we won't know until it's released if the writing will be any good.

Good story and good writing isn't the same, though. You can have a really good story with some messy writing and you can have great writing inside a boring-ass story.

I still need to go back and finish Wasteland 2 but the half(?) of the game I played on console was fun. Good to know that game sold well enough on console for Torment to come over too.

Hopefully Torment gets a disc release like Wastleland 2 did too.

Before playing Baldur's Gate on PC I would have been really happy yet now I dunno. Would it suit playing it with a controller? and were Wasteland 2 and Original Sin good using it?

Top Bottom