• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sean Murray's message to you before playing No Man's Sky

Status
Not open for further replies.
From the No Man's Sky press kit

CpYlhHxUEAExxd9.jpg

Sean Murray has been nothing but humble, genuine, enthusiastic whenever he talks about his game and this message sums up his enthusiasm for NMS, for sci-fi, and why he's one of my favorite developers

Neiteio

I've been mixed to meh on everything I've seen about NMS, but I can't hate on the guy making it. Sean seems like a gem of a human being. I wish him and his team the best of luck. Hopefully if I get around to trying the game, I'll enjoy it, too.

Kaako

Felium Defensor
Glad you made the thread, More_Badass. This warms my heart and is one of the most genuine things I've read from a developer. Sean Murray & the rest of the amazing people at Hello Games, I support you. <3 <3 <3

cordy

Banned
Stayed away from spoilers and I'll continue to do so until I have enough money to afford the game (money issues sadly). Look forward to it.

Tohsaka

Really nice message, reminds me of the one that came with The Witcher 3. Looking forward to finally playing the game when UPS delivers it in 12 hours or so.

I've been mixed to meh on everything I've seen about NMS, but I can't hate on the guy making it. Sean seems like a gem of a human being. I wish him and his team the best of luck. Hopefully if I get around to trying the game, I'll enjoy it, too.

Indeed. No matter how much I like the game or come away disappointed, my respect and appreciation for Sean won't change.

Tuck

No matter how I end of feeling about the game once I play it, I gotta say that Sean seems like a wonderful, truly genuine guy. Glad he is happy with how the game turned out, and hopefully the response is good.

J3ffro

I sent that to my brother, who isn't a gamer. My wife, who tolerates my obsession, and my gaming buddy, who has no sentimentality whatsoever.

Their responses, respectively, "holy shit that's cool", "it's incredible to see his inspiration", and "I'm very happy to help support a guy like that".

I genuinely hope this game makes every member of the Hello Games team a wealthy individual. 57 minutes till go time.

legacyzero

Banned
Added to the OT List. What a fantastic team. They did everything they said. They literally came through on most if not all.

WoolyNinja

God damn - I hope this game sells millions and this guy and his small team become a huge part of gaming for a long time. While most developers/publishers are busy endlessly shoving bullshit down our throats, this team, and Sean in particular, is constantly doing the opposite.

This is what I thought gaming could be, small teams making incredibly ambitious games out of a love of development, maths, sci-fi, etc. I'll know in an hour if this is a game for me but no matter what I know Hello Games is definitely a developer I want to see succeed.

jond76

Banned
I wish Hello Games all the success. They've made a game that I didn't think was possible, and I can't wait to lose myself in it.

Vorheez

This seems more like someone with anxiety who is slightly panicking before the biggest moment of his life. Kind of like a, "please be gentle, I worked very hard on this" type of thing. Which is fine, but it's not humble so much as it is potential damage control for all of the reviews that will be coming out. Sean said in his hour long interview with IGN that he always feels slightly depressed after the release of a game he was involved in and that he has difficulty not taking negative reviews personally.

Still a nice message though.

Nice message and Sean seems like a total dude, but man, he needs an editor.

"That you are even taking the time to play our game, when our previous titles might not have".

What? Hello Games' previous games have maybe played their games? Look, I know what he means in the context of the paragraph, but that's a shocker of a sentence.

Doubling up on the "feel lost" is poo, too.

:)

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
If you 100% his previous games, Joe Danger / Joe Danger 2, you're given a secret email address to contact him. If you do you get a very heartfelt, individualized reply and a little booklet that tells the history of the ups and downs of the studio and the games' development.

theRizzle

Cool sentiment. Very honest & genuine. I hope they are happy with scores, sales and (maybe?) most importantly, player reaction.

NightOnyx

Sean is so fantastic and genuine. It's hard not to root for this guy and his team. I really hope the game is extremely successful for them.

I was debating getting this Day One because I doubt I'll have time to immerse myself over the next few weeks but that message is exactly the thing that deserves my support. I'm going to buy it today because it is important that visions like this get the recognition.

Dang, that tugged at the ol' heartstrings. I hadn't realised Murray had lived in Australia for awhile, either. That explains the landscape (gorgeous) and the creatures (god help us).

The Hermit

Omg

I wasnt going to pay full price (not because I dont think the game deservers, but because full price in Brasil is expensive af)

Now I am.

If you 100% his previous games, Joe Danger / Joe Danger 2, you're given a secret email address to contact him. If you do you get a very heartfelt, individualized reply and a little booklet that tells the history of the ups and downs of the studio and the games' development.

That is incredible

Kaako

Felium Defensor
Wow, are you serious? Cause that's pretty damn amazing.

I'm pretty sure I'd hate the game, and I've been kinda shitting on it when talking to friends about it, but I love Sean Murray. That guy is so goddamn humble and real I can't help but respect the hell out of him. Even if I don't see much greatness in the game, I hope him and his team see great success from this game.

Maddanth

Best of luck, been excited since the first showing if this game. Can't wait to try it out in about 50 minutes. Dude seems like such a genuine and humble Human being. I hope game does well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom