• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

No Man's Sky has the 5th largest peak player count on Steam (by game) since 2012

EDIT: I know there are several threads on NMS already, but this one is specifically for discussing sales/sales potential.

From PC Gamer:
http://www.pcgamer.com/no-mans-sky-..._source=twitter&utm_campaign=buffer-pcgamertw

212,620 concurrent users on No Man's Sky.
XCOM 2 & Dark Souls 3 each had around 130k at max.
Rocket League maxed out at around 100k (during a free weekend).
Skyrim reached 280k during launch, GTA5 reached 364k.

It'll be interesting to watch the SteamSpy figures later, but it's already clear that this is going to be one of the best selling games of the year.

peakplayersfqjdx.png

Freeman76

Amazing game, the team behind it deserve the massive income they are about to receive. Well done Hello Games!

I am curious how many will try and get a refund. I'm certainly not though I don't expect to play until a few months from now when the PC version will (hopefully) become more stable.

I'd be really curious to see what refunds look like on a game with this level of sales. Seems like this will be 2016's Arkham Knight, and refunds are live.

Look at the hate. Anyways, this game deserves every sale it makes. Looking forward to seeing it evolve over time and I'm definitely looking forward to the inevitable(?) multiplayer and base building aspects of this game. Just wish there could be some intelligence life populating some of the worlds.

[Agent]ZeroNine;213439134 said:
Look at the hate. Anyways, this game deserves every sale it makes. Looking forward to seeing it evolve over time and I'm definitely looking forward to the inevitable(?) multiplayer and base building aspects of this game. Just wish there could be some intelligence life populating some of the worlds.

Why are people not allowed to hate on games that run like shit?

Makes another thread about sales..thread slowly devolves into the same stuff as the other threads...

Congrats now fix it up hello games.

Game has been doing well on Amazon and GameStop btw

23qwerty

Well deserved, even if there are some performance issues here and there, hopefully those can get ironed out quickly.

Caayn

Which features are those? And where did they lie about them? Sure wasn't the release trailers.
Out of the top of my head. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

Ability to meet other players.
"Everything is a simulation and planets are rotating on their axis and around the sun." Planets are stationary. Stars are part of the skybox.
Ability to fly between solar systems manually isn't in the game.

Acerac

Banned
Most refunded Game of the Year.

I'm bugging Jo to get Subnautica when the refund goes through.

It's a shame when hype doesn't deliver. Mere days ago I wanted my hands on this game so badly, but unless the PC port gets worked on I don't know if I'd want the game even with additional content.

Rising_Hei

It has been the most played game on my friend list for sure for a while (for both Ps4 and steam), and they're enjoying it so far :)

Such a polarizing game. I'm sure of that number half loathe it and the other half love it. I'm strongly on the loving end but to each his own. Congrats to Sean and the team at Hello Games.

I'm enjoying it so far. I luckily haven't had any huge performance issues, so I won't be refunding it. I know a lot people are having issues based off of the performance thread.

[Agent]ZeroNine;213439134 said:

Reading these posts makes me wish there was some intelligent life populating this board.

Its astonishingly stupid to dismiss people's (very valid) complaints about a poor port as "hate".

That's a lot of people beta testing it. The full game in 2017 with multiplayer looks promising.

Sorry for those who are having issues.

Steam version sounds like a fucking trainwreck. Wonder what is wrong with it. GOG version is smooth enough so far. Maybe it's the DRM in it?

Top Bottom