• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

["Rumor"] Final Fantasy XV Delayed to November 29 [Up: Photo evidence]

When will Final Fantasy XV release?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

deriks

4-Time GIF/Meme God
It's been a long wait with multiple delays along the way, but earlier this year Square Enix announced that Final Fantasy XV is launching on September 30th. Unfortunately, it appears that one more delay is on the way. A source within GameStop management has tipped us off that Square Enix has delayed the game until November 29th. Promotional materials with the new date have arrived at some GameStop stores with instructions that they are not to be put up until after Sunday, August 14th, so an official announcement could be coming then.

The same source that has revealed this information to Gamnesia has proven reliable on multiple occasions in the past. This includes leaking the release date and trade-in deals for New Nintendo 3DS as well as the release date for Star Wars Battlefront.
http://www.gamnesia.com/news/report-final-fantasy-xv-has-been-delayed-to-november-29th

Gematsu said:
One of the sources who told us of the game’s September 30 release date ahead of its announcement has told us that Gamnesia’s report is accurate.
http://gematsu.com/2016/08/rumor-final-fantasy-xv-delayed-november-29#L3roBTvJLOuIFyXM.99

Gamnesia said:
Update on 08/13/16
Following the release of our initial report, many GameStop employees and concerned readers contacted me to note that their stores' promotional materials still cited a September 30th release date. It's true that GameStop stores were very recently sent materials with that date, but the date has apparently been changed since those materials were printed and shipped. As a result, the old materials will still be used, but stickers with the new date are being sent to GameStop stores to cover up the old date. The new date is planned to go on display on Monday, August 15th, so an official announcement will likely come then, if not sooner.
final_fantasy_xv_launches_nov_29__large.jpg

http://www.gamnesia.com/news/leaked...op-employees-indicate-final-fantasy-xvs-relea
For those wondering, the "promotional material" is this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Jx7UD3ItNk&t=11m52s

EnFMpSJ.gif

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
I would not be surprised at all.

Hell, it might make sense to just delay it until May next year and take all the time they need to polish it up.

DNAbro

I am mildly upset if this is true.

Going to be playing Pokemon during that time so that sucks for FFXV.

udivision

What.

I thought the whole point of the DLC was the guarantee a timely release?
(and make money)

I would not be surprised at all.

Hell, it might make sense to just delay it until May next year and take all the time they need to polish it up.

As an OG 2017 believer, I'd feel vindicated. But... that'd be a bad look.

Kyzer

Banned
Felt too good to be true. No way I'm not playing Pokemon, Gg SE.

Fuck it, delay it to holiday 2017.

#xvneo

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
This is only a good thing, though I think they need more than two additional months. Delay it to 2017.

I'm pseudo-involved with the guys at Gamnesia
as in I barely write anything ever and pretty much just chill out on their Nintendo podcast
, so I can tell you that the guy who wrote this does have management contacts at GameStop.

I wasn't at all involved with this report and he's pretty geographically distant from me, so I can't vouch for this specific info.

Nyoro SF

Oh boy. But I'm not surprised at all.

The Neo's about to get its first showoff title. And yeah, I forgot about Persona 5.

This is what I've always been hoping for.

Just delay it if you can make it better, SE. There's no turning back after you released it.

Certinty

I actually don't mind.

End of September has FIFA 17 and Forza Horizon 3, that and a few October games should keep me occupied for a while.

morikaze

Banned
Two more months isn't so bad really when you consider that people have already been waiting for this game for about one hundred and twenty three months.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom