• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NieR: Automata announced for PC, game shipping Early 2017 on both platforms

DKHF

Just announced on IGN's stream, coming to Steam.

CqEKeXJXEAEgAPP.jpg:large

Press release:
NIER: AUTOMATA TO LAUNCH ON STEAM IN EARLY 2017
LOS ANGELES (Aug. 17, 2016) -- NieR: Automata™, the upcoming action-RPG from SQUARE ENIX® and PlatinumGames Inc, will launch on STEAM® for PC as well as the PlayStation®4 computer entertainment system in early 2017. The highly anticipated follow up to the 2010 cult-classic NIER®, NieR: Automata tells the story of androids 2B, 9S and A2 and their battle to reclaim a machine-driven dystopia overrun by powerful weapons known as machine lifeforms.

Developed by an all-star team consisting of producer Yosuke Saito (DRAGON QUEST® X / NIER), director YOKO TARO (Drakengard® / NIER ), character designer Akihiko Yoshida from CyDesignation, Inc. (FINAL FANTASY® XIV / BRAVELY DEFAULT®), game designer Takahisa Taura from PlatinumGames Inc. (Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance), and composer Keiichi Okabe from MONACA, Inc. (TEKKEN / Drakengard 3 / NIER ).

StereoVsn

I was considering trading in my PS4 for NEO but at this rate j might as well keep it, everything is coming to PC anyway except for handful Sony titles, Persona 5 and maybe a few others. FFXV was a big incentive but you know that is going to be on PC within a year.

Corpekata

Banned
Awesome, figured as much after the initial period they stopped referring to exclusive and whatnot on the images and promotions.

Does this mean PC in addition to Xbone and PS4? Did they mention release date exclusivity for the platforms?

PC and PS4 only for now. But out of all the PS4 exclusives from SE I'd imagine Nier is probably the most likely to have a chance of coming to Xbox.

I think Steam is day 1 if they announce it this early.

Dinda

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesssssssssssssssssssssss OMG! I'm so happy! I can't believe it, Squeenix is really making everything right with this game.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
Nice! I thought this might have a good chance of coming to PC but it's great that they've confirmed it before it even came out.

Top Bottom