• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Driveclub VR gameplay.

DavidDesu

Graphically, from what you can see in this video anyway, it doesn't look half bad. Still looks fundamentally like Driveclub. Hardly a PS2 game! :p

Shin-Ra

Maybe he's played Driveclub a lot but he looks surprisingly competent, maybe from having the extra depth perception.

DavidDesu

Maybe he's played Driveclub a lot but he looks surprisingly competent, maybe from having the extra depth perception.

Yeah for racing games I think being in the car and having that absolutely one to one connection to how it's handling and how you're steering and throttle inputs are affecting your cornering... yeah it definitely ups the performance of anyone. It's like taking a competent driver in real life, who never plays video games, and giving them a small 2D screen and a controller, obviously they're not going to be able to drive the way they do in real life and probably crash out a million times. It's that in reverse!

ShutterMunster

Put it in my goddamn veins! This thing will have Neo support since it's coming out in October so it'll probably look a little better too. I wish the original Driveclub was getting a Neo patch *sobs*

//DEVIL//

Look's like I'm gonna need to buy a PS4 wheel.
You dont . There is only like 3 games that support it lol. I kinda regret buying mine and i actually gameplay performance was much worse than a controller for some reason i am not sure of

Remember what you are seeing on the screen is not what you see in the helmet fidelity wise.
That's the split out signal, inside the helmet you will have screen door and blurring.

Those won't take away from the graphics and art direction, just saying in the helmet there is a layer of VRness applied to the graphics that is off putting to some people.

A lot of complaints I see about people trying the PS VR Demos at Best Buy is that when they stand in line and watch the players infront of them play on the monitor for 10 mins so they adjust to it like they are playing the game as if it was played on a monitor.
Then when they put on the helmet the VR aspect is cool, but they complain about the blurriness and that it doesn't look like it did on the monitor.

cakely

Damn that looks good. It looks like the 3D view really helps judging the distances to the corners.

It doesn't hurt that he had a beautiful setup there, though. FF Wheel, cockpit seat, etc.

Kyolux

Now Sony, get together with Sega and port Outrun 2006 C2C to PS4/PS VR.

edit: Seems like I'll need one of those wheels. Looks fantastic.

ps3ud0

Just thinking how differently he was able to move his viewpoint compared to how I can play DC was amazing.

Driving games with a FFB wheel were made for the standard of VR we can achieve right now.

ps3ud0 8)

DirtyLarry

Cannot wait to try it.
In fact this video has inspired me so tomorrow I am going to bust my Logitech wheel with stand out of my basement and play a little non VR Driveclub just to have some fun.

wapplew

I see them cut motion blur, the sense of speed not as fast as regular Driveclub, pretty sure it'll felt the same in VR.
Graphic seems good enough, I was expecting something like PS2 graphic when they say PS4 is not poweful enough.

JamboGT

I see them cut motion blur, the sense of speed not as fast as regular Driveclub, pretty sure it'll felt e same in VR.
Graphic seems good enough, I was expecting something like PS2 graphic when they say PS4 is not poweful enough.

Motion blur and VR are not a good mix, also not required as the sense of speed is increased due to things in your periphery vision.

wapplew

Motion blur and VR are not a good mix, also not required as the sense of speed is increased due to things in your periphery vision.

I see.
Now I hope Neo mode will up the graphic to regular Driveclub level with weather and all.

Danlord

and the fact it's running at 60fps (120hz via headset through reprojection). That will certainly help the motion of the game.

Now in PS4 4.00 beta we have 60fps streaming to YouTube, that'll be great for sharing VR games on YouTube directly.

Does this mean the post-launch support might be picking back up? If I remember correctly there are only 2 non-Bike DLC packs that the season pass doesn't cover.

It looks good but keep in mind that the mirrored screen is pretty small. That same image will be stretched to all your field of view.

You'll surely notice imperfections much more.

Anyway, can't wait.

I drive in VR almost every day on pc, it's just amazing.

jaypah

This looks very nice to me. I can't believe how much better driving is in VR. Just playing on my TV I couldn't stay on the course in Dirt Rally but in VR I could actually post clean times without driving off the road.

Synth

You dont . There is only like 3 games that support it lol. I kinda regret buying mine and i actually gameplay performance was much worse than a controller for some reason i am not sure of

Yea, but one of those games is gonna be a Gran Turismo... so... :p

Plus, I have a G920 setup already, so I only need the G29 wheel itself for PS4.

I am a shitton worse with a wheel than a joypad too though.. but I'd rather have more fun, than place higher.

JamboGT

Am glad they got mirrors working properly so that it changes depending on viewing position, is a really cool feature.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Looks like a PS3 but thats to be expected. Hopefully Neo mode pushes it up to PS4 quality graphics.

Seeing it on a screen doesn't translate how it will look on the PC VR screen itself. I haven't used a psvr but I do own a vive and something like project cars doesn't look so hot once you have the headset on. Curious to see how the Ps vr fares with lower resolution screens.

Baleoce

It'll be some time before I can afford to get into VR, but if I had to choose one genre that I was really excited to see how VR can enhance it, it would definitely be racing. For both sim and arcade. Also, pool.

Top Bottom