• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumour: New PSP like device is in dev. / PS4 Neo weighs 10lbs / 3cm thicker than PS4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Edit: PSP like device doesn't mean it's a Sony device, could be the NX.

Edit2:
I add some info that make his leaks more believable.
He mention 8 legs on slim model which fit the leak photo. Weigh of Neo is just impression, not actually 10lbs.
PSP like devices could be anything handheld, it's not his first hand info.

Since it's been asked in the other thread a lot I decided to go ahead and open a seperate thread for this.

Check my post #523 and #546

Here a summary.

- A Foxconn worker post a drawing of new PS4 model back in June, fit the description of slim.
- been production over 3 month.
- recently start mass producing another PS4 model, similar design, 3cm thicker than original, very heavy.
- a veteran worker say new PSP like device in production.

http://bbs.a9vg.com/forum.php?mod=vi...thorid=1444953

This seems more believable since the guy who dropped this information uploaded a sketch that looked very much like the PS4 slim that leaked today.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1267071

161248w1yokgch12totf92.jpg

Guymelef

But " a veteran worker say new PSP like device in production."
Is it confirmed that it's a Sony device? Could be NX.

Dommel

I can't imagine them bothering with another handheld after the Vita, unless they know something we don't.

Eolz

Lol at PSP and that sketch is closer to the PS4, not the Slim.
Sounds like an uncle working at Sony...

whyman

- a veteran worker say new PSP like device in production.

Nope. Too good to be true. And not very logical considering the VITA is still great. If they would just develop games for it...

sant

A new PSP? What the fuck are they thinking? Straight into the trash if it doesn't have an LTE modem and run Android

Protann

What's the point of releasing a new handheld if the Vita was kind of a failure that they've completely halted AAA development on?

Squire

Banned
A Vita successor would be insane.

In both the "Wow that's awesome!" way and the "I can't believe they still think this is worth pursuing" way.

LordOfChaos

10 pounds?! The PS4 is 6 pounds. Hubba hubba. I hope that means they ramped up the cooling system to try to come closer to the Scorpios end performance.

Maybe it just means it eats up the external PSVR box though.

Kazooie

Banned
3cm thicker and 4 pounds heavier sounds like overkill for Neo.

3cm... how many cm thick is the OG PS4? Like 5? 6?

Oxn

What can a psp3 do that a vita cant already?

Well i guess have all the buttons of a dualshock 3, but besides that.

TsuWave

no confidence on sony handhelds over what they did with the vita, and i bought two of those just of the strength of liking the hardware.

wapplew

I add some info that make his leaks more believable.
He mention 8 legs on slim model which fit the leak photo. Weigh of Neo is just impression, not actually 10lbs.
PSP like devices could be anything handheld, it's not his first hand info.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Cannot possibly see them ever doing another portable unless it's just simply an actual ps4 portable. Doing an entirely different thing is just implausible or its just another vita hardware revision which would be cool too I guess

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom