• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon Go Loses More Than 15 Million Daily Users in a Month

The Pokemon Go phenomenon has started to dissipate, as the augmented-reality game has already lost more than 15 million daily users since this time last month, according to graphs from Axiom Capital Management that were published by Bloomberg. The chart only goes until August 18, so the number of daily active users could be even lower now.

Additionally, the charts, which source mobile research company Apptopia, show Pokemon Go engagement has decreased by more than 50 percent. And after a huge spike, "augmented reality" has been searched for far less on Google since Pokemon Go's initial launch, though it's still more popular than before its release.

3118103--1x-1.png

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/pokemon-go-loses-more-than-15-million-daily-users-/1100-6442938/

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
School started plus the changes to the game driving off some players.

Probably botting accounts. At least 2 were mine after I gave up trying to take the game seriously. I'd still be playing (and probably spending money) otherwise.

kewlmyc

To be expected. While the game is more stable, the latest updates have been removing features (though most of those features never worked).

Still wildly popular and an update adding trading would really do wonders for the game right now.

Mellahan

Concerned about dinosaur erection.
This happens to every "big" app unless you're Snapchat or messenger. A dip is not unexpected, nor will a surge. It will fluctuate from here no doubt.

ViciousDS

Banned
its a shallow as fuck game.......and had mobile excitement written all over it

the real news.....is how insane pokemon fever is though for the real pokemon games instead of this mobile fiesta. Sun and Moon is going to sell a shit load

To think, people were expecting this game to harm Sun and Moon sales.

I'm getting tired of catching the same Pidgeys and Rattatas over and over again.

Complistic

Uhh yeah, that's because you can't even play it anymore with the in game hunting mechanic gone. There's literally no game there without it.

Mr_L

Hardly unexpected. Niantic has to make some big changes relatively quickly in order to keep their numbers up.

Have they updated the new tracking system yet?

If Nintendo wants this to stop dropping, they need to release Gen 2 along with the Pokemon Go watch.

Dishwalla

Banned
I still play but it has stagnated, there's only so much you can do in the current game, especially when the last couple dozen Pokemon I need are also the more rare ones. The features that are already supposed to be in the game need fixing, and people are waiting for new features to be added. Also it would be great if after a certain level Rattata and Pidgey didn't show up as much, it gets old when a majority of the time that's all that's on screen.

proccor

Neo Member
giphy.gif

Not surprising after all the updates have been bug fixes(?) with no additions being added to keep people coming back. I really thought they would have added a daily log-in reward by now.

Ydelnae

Let's fix the damn game and make it fun for everyone that does not live in the centre of a city, before thinking about Gen 2.

Top Bottom