• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid V: The Definitive Experience Announced (GZ + NAIN STORY + DLC) 10/11

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
https://www.konami.com/mg/mgsv/#
package_esrb.jpg

$49.99

main_visual_esrb_pc.jpg

METAL GEAR SOLID V: THE DEFINITIVE EXPERIENCE is the ultimate collection of the METAL GEAR SOLID V story which includes the critically acclaimed METAL GEAR SOLID V : THE PHANTOM PAIN, its prologue METAL GEAR SOLID V : GROUND ZEROES, as well as all their DLC contents.
RjZolr2.png

DLC
Items for METAL GEAR SOLID V: THE PHANTOM PAIN

Weapon: Rasp Short-Barreled Shotgun Gold
Weapon: Maschinen Taktische Pistole 5 Weiss
Weapon: Adam-ska Special
Weapon: Windurger S333 CombatSpecial
Shield: Personal Ballistic Shield (Gold)
Shield: Personal Ballistic Shield (White)
Shield: Personal Ballistic Shield (Silver)
Shield: Personal Ballistic Shield (Olive Drab)

Costume: Fatigues (Black Ocelot)
Costume: Fatigues (Gray Urban)
Costume: Fatigues (Blue Urban)
Costume: Fatigues (All-Purpose Dryland)
Costume: Fatigues (Naked Snake)
Costume: Sneaking (Naked Snake)
Costume: Tuxedo
Costume: Sneaking suit (The Boss)
Costume: Jumpsuit (EVA)
Western Tack (for D-Horse)
Parade Tack (for D-Horse)

Cardboard Box (Rocky Terrain)
Cardboard Box (All-Purpose Dryland)
Cardboard Box (Wetland)
Bionic Arm Gold
Emblem "VENOM SNAKE"
Mother Base Staff (FOX)
Mother Base Staff (SKULL)
Mother Base Staff (CANINE)
Mother Base Staff (HOUND)

Items for METAL GEAR ONLINE

EXPANSION PACK 「CLOAKED IN SILENCE」
BASIC APPEAL PACK
BATTLE APPEAL PACK
DANCE APPEAL PACK
HERO APPEAL PACK

WU S.PISTOL GOLD
AM MRS-4 GOLD
Metal Gear Rex Helmet

Hopefully Nain is japanese for 3.

Kindekuma

Banned
And by DLC they mean the costume packs, and MGO maps/modes.

EDIT: Font so small on box art I didn't even notice. Carry on.

Fat4all

Banned
never really was a fan of the sideways title on box art

/:
< what my face looks like reading the box

That's a sick choice of concept art for the box but damn do they got ahead and clutter it up.

DLC includes the pre-order or retail-exclusive stuff too I think... though those were purchasable after release anyhow. But it's basically all the pre- and post- release DLC.

That's some hilariously edgy ass font there. It's like some suit looked at the original logo and thought "hmmm...needs to be more EXTREME!"
20110816133136!Mgs_logo.png

Jawmuncher

Gimme that nain

Also I think the box art look fine. The placement ain't bad at all. It's accolades in the top left and the title on its side to the right. Looks cool.

Beth Cyra

Box art isn't to bad.

I still have a PS4 CE of the original release zip never opened so I'll skip this release.

Sad at no chapter 3.

lupinko

Wow I feel pretty dumb for buying GZ on PSN for $5 awhile back. sony won't refund it even if I've never installed it right? I'd rather buy this instead.

I don't suppose there's any chance that Ground Zeroes has been updated with the gameplay and UI tweaks from Phantom Pain?

Great games, even with the flawed pacing and story elements. I had a lot of fun with both. No reason to pick it up again though.

Would be nice if they tied GZ and TPP into the same game file playthrough.

GZ should have originally released as the game's prologue anyhow... should have never been two separate 'games.'

My guess though is that when you start the game it has a desktop window where you choose which game to load.

Rembrandt

Banned
blahblahblah, fuck konami and all of that but i'm still probably gonna buy this. I liked GZ a lot and haven't played 5 yet.

Wow I feel pretty dumb for buying GZ on PSN for $5 awhile back. sony won't refund it even if I've never installed it right? I'd rather buy this instead.

they probably will, but it might be your last time getting a refund for this type of thing.

Kindekuma

Banned
I wonder if they'll change Ground Zero's controls and UI to match MGS V.

Nope, GZ will be untouched. This is literally both games just put on one Blu-Ray disc. Nothing is changed except all DLC is added.

Doesn't this have to have Neo support since it's coming out in October ?

No.
There's not going to be a Neo version of MGSV. The game is done, shipped.

rdytoroll

I loved the game up until they threw all that Base building/defending and online shit at you. Aint nobody got time for that. Did they remove the online stuff with your base?

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
Box art isn't to bad.

I still have a PS4 CE of the original release zip never opened so I'll skip this release.

Sad at no chapter 3.

I feel like this would have been a fantastic time to release MGSV's big DLC expansion for $10-$20 alongside a new edition that has everything included for $60, similar to how Destiny handled TTK. Alas, it was not meant to be.

I am just trying to stop people from wasting their money and time on this. I know I wished someone told me the same before I bought it.

Ocelot's face looks weird in this art.

Just because you didn't like it doesn't mean that this isn't an amazing game to a lot of people here on gaf, you know.

I-hate-u

Just because you didn't like it doesn't mean that this isn't an amazing game to a lot of people here on gaf, you know.

I know. It got 3rd on the GOTY lists. Just my opinion is all.

I didn't really care but maybe including why you think that would better accomplish your goal.

It had the best tps gameplay ever, and gave you so much freedom in it's world, but for me it was nothing like a typical MGS release got really repetitive in it's mission structure.

It has good fundamental gameplay mechanics, but everything else really let me down.

Beth Cyra

I strongly recommend everyone who hasn't try it yet to give this gem of a game a chance, you won't regret it. Game of the gen this far, imho.

Apparently it might be cheaper to get the games separately tho.

There never was a chapter 3.
Oh I know.

But then I hate MGS V and would have liked someone else to have written an epilogue for it to maybe bring me around.

Watch this collection be both games on separate discs, and the DLC be a code on a sheet of paper.

Edit: There's a PC version of this also, so maybe it's going to be a bundle like the Dead Rising series has on Steam?

Top Bottom