• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Poochy & Yoshi's Wooly World for Nintendo 3DS announced, launching February 3rd, 2017

Dystify

CrRmM4BWAAEdgWD.png

Official title is Poochy & Yoshi's Woolly World. Game is launching on February 3rd, 2017 in North America and Europe. January 19 in Japan.

This is a port of the Wii U game, but there will be exclusive new levels featuring Poochy the dog, who gets its own yarn amiibo! (See images below. Will launch alongside the game.) Nintendo is also adding 30 short films starring Yoshi and Poochy to the 3DS version, created in collaboration with Dwarf Animation Studio.

Footage: https://youtu.be/IpXQtFbRChg?t=1577 (at 26:18)

Poochy & Yoshi’s Woolly World on Nintendo 3DS family systems is an adventure game set in a world of yarn.

This game contains some new features, as well as every stage available in the Wii U version of Yoshi's Woolly World. There are exclusive new stages focused on Poochy. Time Poochy’s jump to collect beads as you head for the goal. Poochy Pups also appear for the first time. These little helpers jump on suspicious spots to indicate where you should look for secrets and collectables.

Animated shorts are being developed in collaboration with the stop motion animation studio, Dwarf. Poochy & Yoshi's Woolly World contains 30 of these shorts, showing the daily lives of Yoshi and Poochy.

A yarn amiibo figure of Poochy will also be released. There will be a special bundle that includes the game and the Poochy amiibo available, too.

(https://www.nintendo.co.uk/Games/Nintendo-3DS/Poochy-Yoshi-s-Woolly-World-1136171.html)

Poochy amiibo:

Screens:

(https://twitter.com/Nintendo/status/771355813818445824)

disco

Gosh, Nintendo should just port all of their games back and forth for all of eternity.

Enjoyed it last year? Enjoy it again this year!

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
I'm starting to doubt the benefit of a single Nintendo system if they are practically developing two of the same games for the current systems.

Tizoc

I will be pre-ordering this sucker sooooooooooooooooo hard
once I find the cheapest UK retailer selling it :V

Yukinari

Taking a beautiful game and shrinking it down to a tiny screen is such a stupid idea honestly.

I mean ill buy the Poochy amiibo but this is dumb.

Forkball

I'm almost certain Poochy predates Poochie. SHOW SOME RESPECT.

I was really just waiting on a sale to get this on Wii U, but I might just pick this up instead. I think the Poochy pups are there because people thought secrets in the original game were too obscure.

Turrican3

I'm starting to doubt the benefit of a single Nintendo system if they are practically developing two of the same games for the current systems.
My guess would be they started experimenting a good while ago and already have some kind of common framework in place.

Wouldn't surprise me if this was a New Nintendo 3DS-only game either.

killroy87

Footage looked good, but playing this game without being able to see all the tiny little details in the visuals is robbing it of a lot of its charm.

Still, it's an incredible platformer, and deserves a bigger audience.

Top Bottom