• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Custom Game browser coming to Halo 5 (Xbox One and PC)

wwm0nkey

From the HaloGAF thread:

bba7b5c9cae69d47ae5b30f67a3fb327.png

52f52906b1b3aafa4629ddfb36021074.png

Welp, Halo 5 on PC should have a very good community now lol

Vico

I'm not sure, but I think he's talking about the Forge PC version mostly (just saying, since the title isn't clear).
Which is still a cool news.

I'm not sure, but I think he's talking about the Forge PC version mostly (just saying, since the title isn't clear).
Which is still a cool news.

There's no feature that's only coming to Forge PC that's not on Xbox One, so that doesn't really make sense.

5taquitos

So I'll be able to download Forge for free and then just jump into different games and start playing? Like straight up Halo on PC?

343i REDEEMED343i REDEEMED343i REDEEMED343i REDEEMED343i REDEEMED343i REDEEMED343i REDEEMED343i REDEEMED343i REDEEMED343i REDEEMED343i REDEEMED343i REDEEMED343i REDEEMED343i REDEEMED343i REDEEMED343i REDEEMED343i REDEEMED343i REDEEMED343i REDEEMED343i REDEEMED343i REDEEMED343i REDEEMED343i REDEEMED

If only this was on console and their work on the campaign was as good as multiplayer

Basically trying to kill Online in one swift stroke.

As long as the custom game browser has its fair share of actual competitive lobbies and not just zombies and fiesta and zombies and fiesta, I'll be happy with it. But that lands on the community, not 343.

Vico

There's no feature that's only coming to Forge PC that's not on Xbox One, so that doesn't really make sense.

The way it's worded, right here he's talking about PC.
That doesn't mean it's not coming to Xbox too (and I think it will, honestly), but let's just wait confirmation ; wouldn't be the first time we misunderstand some words.

I've wanted this so badly since Halo 3 (and Halo 1 pc since it had one).

Now I get it, on a halo I've never played, and on PC.

Color me impressed AND super excited.

Arulan

My interest in Halo 5 notwithstanding, it's very nice to see a developer understand the importance of a game browser on PC, or any platform for that matter. There are numerous advantages to server browsers, from building communities and relationships with people you come to know, to being able to pick exactly what region, ping, map, and mode you wish to play on. It also makes it far easier to continue playing the game when the population count is no longer sufficient for matchmaking to work as intended. Matchmaking is just another one of the many repercussions that convenience has on game design.

Vico

Is this like a server browser to find other players in forge maps? Or a browser to find just maps?

You can play multiplayer games on the maps on the PC version (sounds like it's not enough known), and this would allow you to find your preffered gametype to play organized by random players on the maps they choose themselves. That's essentially allowing anyone to host his own playlist and opening it to players.

Top Bottom