• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Redbox Video Game Sale 9/2 to 9/11

cchum

Hi GAF,

Ran across this and didn't see it posted.
http://slickdeals.net/f/9072847-red...60-xbox-one-starting-at-3-99-ymmv#commentsBox

Game Title Link by Platform Price
Batman Arkham Knight PS4 & XB1 $5.99
Call of Duty: Black Ops III PS4 & XB1 $24.99
Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare X360 $8.99
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 X360 $8.99
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 X360 $8.99
Dark Souls III PS4 & XB1 $38.99
DOOM PS4 & XB1 $38.99
Fallout 3 PS3 & X360 $3.99
Fallout 4 PS4 & XB1 $18.99
God of War III Remastered PS4 $5.99
Ghostbusters PS4 & XB1 $28.99
Halo 5: Guardians XB1 $5.99
Hasbro Family Fun Pack PS4 & XB1 $18.99
Homefront: The Revolution PS4 & XB1 $18.99
Just Cause 3 PS4 & XB1 $18.99
Kung Fu Panda: The Showdown of Legendary Legends PS4 & XB1 $5.99
Life is Strange (Complete First Season) PS4 & XB1 $13.99
Mad Max PS4 & XB1 $8.99
Mortal Kombat X PS4 & XB1 $8.99
NBA 2K16 PS4 & XB1 & X360 $8.99
Snoopy's Grand Adventure PS4 & XB1 $5.99
Spongebob Heropants X360 $5.99
Adventure Time: Finn and Jake Investigations PS4 $5.99
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Mutants in Manhattan PS4 & XB1 & X360 $18.99
Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 5 PS4 & XB1 $8.99
Transformers Devastation PS4 & XB1 $8.99
Uncharted 4: A Thief's End PS4 $28.99
Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection PS4 $8.99
Until Dawn PS4 $8.99
WWE 2K16 PS4 & XB1 & X360 $8.99

Sorry if posted.
Enjoy!

I picked up arkham knight and halo 5 yesterday. The sale prices have been live for a few days prior to the sale officially starting on some of these. I had to go a few towns over to find a copy of arkham knight

meh. nothing at a good price, especially for disc only

I really, really disagree with you.

Pre-owned prices at Gamestop:

Arkham Knight - $17.49
Fallout 4 - $34.99
GOW 3 Remastered - $17.49
Halo 5 - $29.99
Just Cause 3 - $39.99
Max Max - $26.49
NBA 2K16 - $26.49
Uncharted 4 - $52.99
Uncharted Collection - $29.99
Until Dawn - $17.49
WWE 2K16 - $26.49

It's actually a pretty insane sale imo.

gamestop gives no value to cases or anything. You could buy these games, take off the barcode, and trade in just the disc for more than you paid at redbox

Bovandy

Neo Member
"Do you get the actual case or is it literally just the disc?

EDIT: Nope. Shitty deal."

Um why is the case important? I've traded in a couple of Redbox games to GameStop. They never raise a stink.

I'm gonna get until dawn and Halo 5 tomorrow.

I see a copy of Halo 5 is around the corner, going to try and grab that tomorrow. Now having a case really sucks but I'll manage when it's that cheap.

J@hranimo

Banned
I'm confused. I thought these were just for rental? Unless I they also sell these for the disc from their website or something.

HiiiLife

Of course redbox isn't gonna dispense out an Xbox case lol have you seen how small the opening is?

Halo 5 at the price is a steal.

But I rather MCC.

Cruxist

Nabbed Batman for Xbox one. Luckily the redbox right near my house had it. Pretty happy with it at that price.

Geeky

Is arkham knight good? Was all the controversy just around the PC version performing badly?

If you are a fan of the combat and predator rooms of the old games like I am then most of the good ones are locked behind DLC. I think the season pass goes down to $15 sometimes which gives you the rooms and a bunch of costumes and really short story dlc for some characters (except Batgirl who gets something a bit more substantial).

Overall its a good game you will see a lot of complaints of over use of the batmobile though.

Ashtar

Is arkham knight good? Was all the controversy just around the PC version performing badly?
It's really good, I'd say if you liked aa and ac you'll probably like this, some aren't fans of the batmobile / tank sections but I thought it added some variety to the stealth and combat sections
For 6 bucks it's a steal!

Mathieran

Banned
I might get Fallout4 for that price. Although I wonder if I wait til Black Friday maybe I could get it for the same price from Amazon or something.

bigace33

Nabbed Halo 5 for $6 after taxes. Not a bad deal. Located a couple kiosks online who has the Uncharted collection so gonna ride out tonight and pick that up.

Shady859

Didn't make the OP but Deadpool is $9 on both platforms and Gamestop gives $15 or $16.50 with pro. I'm going to grab a couple and get some cheap Destiny DLC.

GoW remaster for $6 shall be mine I missed the last digital sale and WWE is darn tempting but as soon as I pay $10 it'll be free next month on PSN.

jmizzal

Tempted on Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Mutants in Manhattan at $18, but I got a lot to play so i'll wait til its under $10 on gamefly

thelastword

Banned
WOW, Halo has fallen. $5.99 for Halo5, even Mortal Kombat X is cheaper?

There's a ghostbusters game on PS4, how comes that got no attention, never heard of it before.

Hmm, God of War III: R for $6 seems like a good deal, right?

EDIT: Oh, I guess they ran out of stock. Oh well. And I doubt any of my local boxes have it.

EDIT 2: Oh, and you don't get the case? Forget it then.

I just looked at a Redbox right now, all it says is rent movies or rent games, I see no buy options when I look at a game that's on sale.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Sounds like you want to round them up, remove the sticker and make a profit?

No, sounds like I want to remove the sticker on a disc (that I bought 2 days ago) for my own collection. Thanks for the judgement, though!
gJ1dT9i.jpg

And even if I did, there's nothing illegal with that.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
I just looked at a Redbox right now, all it says is rent movies or rent games, I see no buy options when I look at a game that's on sale.

you can't buy anything online. Just cross reference the sale list with the games listed as available at your redbox.

No, sounds like I want to remove the sticker on a disc (that I bought 2 days ago) for my own collection. Thanks for the judgement, though!
gJ1dT9i.jpg

And even if I did, there's nothing illegal with that.

Never said it was. Lol. Plus it has no case...I mean usually the people that have to have the case I can understand. But those that dont care about the case, why would a sticker matter? But cool.

I just grabbed a copy of Arkham Knight. I need something to play on my Xbone since I sold my PS4 in anticipation of Neo. I liked Arkham Asylum better than anything that came after it, but for $6 I am willing to give it a shot and I am sure I will enjoy it enough.

I was pleasantly surprised that I actually got a disc out of the kiosk this time. 3 out of my last 4 attempts to buy a game a few months back resulted in the box spitting out a photocopied piece of paper instead of my game!

I had sworn them off after that, but decided to try again since it was cheap and I needed something to play. Hopefully they found a way to stop people from returning photocopies.

Kadin

I had sworn them off after that, but decided to try again since it was cheap and I needed something to play. Hopefully they found a way to stop people from returning photocopies.
This was my biggest concern this morning when I picked up a copy of Halo 5. Was more than happy when I not only got the correct game but also a copy that I swear was never touched by anyone else prior. Didn't have a single blemish on either side of the disc.

This was my biggest concern this morning when I picked up a copy of Halo 5. Was more than happy when I not only got the correct game but also a copy that I swear was never touched by anyone else prior. Didn't have a single blemish on either side of the disc.

Yeah same here. I absolutely love the durability of blurays. It really has been huge for the second hand game market. I can pretty much pick up a used game worry free these days as far as scratches are concerned.

I just grabbed a copy of Arkham Knight. I need something to play on my Xbone since I sold my PS4 in anticipation of Neo. I liked Arkham Asylum better than anything that came after it, but for $6 I am willing to give it a shot and I am sure I will enjoy it enough.

I was pleasantly surprised that I actually got a disc out of the kiosk this time. 3 out of my last 4 attempts to buy a game a few months back resulted in the box spitting out a photocopied piece of paper instead of my game!

Ugh I was gonna go pick up a copy of UC4. That's a great price considering GameStop is still over $50, but $29 for a piece of paper is a lot different than a $3 rental. Now I'm having second thoughts.

Dereck

The copy of Fallout 4 that I purchased was scratched, luckily though since it is a Blu-ray game, I was able to wipe it clean and my Xbox One didn't seem to care.

Top Bottom