• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Selling and Trading in your PS4 for a PS4 Pro

Armadilo

Banned
I'm thinking about trading in my PS4 and getting the Pro in November, Right now on Amazon, they are offering $165 and Bestbuy lower than that.

Wanted to make this thread for those in a similar situation, to share strategies or tips

I know some people from Gaf work at Gamestop so maybe they can help us too

Good luck and get that $$ for that Pro

I'm thinking about trading in my PS4 and getting the Pro in November, Right now on Amazon, they are offering $165 and Bestbuy lower than that.

Wanted to make this thread for those in a similar situation, to share strategies or tips

Traded mine in, plus got $100 for my Xbox One. I am so pumped for the Pro.

The worry i have is here in the UK they might offer that closer to launch when the value will already be dropped so i would have to keep my PS4 before PRO comes out which i planned on doing anyway

It wouldn't surprise me if GameStop eventually offers extra credit for PS4s that are traded towards PS4 Slim or PS4 Pro.

But if you're looking to maximize how much money you get for your old PS4, you should cut out the middle man and sell it to a friend or someone local on Craigslist.

theRizzle

Sold my PS4, an extra controller and 6 games I will never, ever play again for $475 CAD. Feels good man.

I just bought a 1070 so that will keep me occupied until November anyways.

Tohsaka

I'm waiting to see if Gamestop does a promotion for bonus trade-in credit if you put it towards a Pro. I'm not going to just sell mine now since there are October games I don't want to wait a month to play.

Raylan

Banned

$165 is good, imo. If you don't want to look around much (ebay, friends, etc.), take the $165 Amazon money.

Armadilo

Banned
From the past, what has proven to be the best time ? Now or do they actually give you more with bonus trade in days

J_Viper

Well GS offered $200 credit on the PS4 when trading towards the Xbone slim

Assuming demand for Pro is higher, I'm guessing they will drop the trade in value of the OG PS4 to $100-150

I'm waiting to see if Gamestop does a promotion for bonus trade-in credit if you put it towards a Pro. I'm not going to just sell mine now since there are October games I don't want to wait a month to play.

They are right now they are offering $125 just saw it of face book

ramyeon

How do you do a system migration when it comes to trading in old consoles for the newer model? Don't have any experience with this myself.

sensui-tomo

at $125 at gs right now, more than likely the highest price you'll see (and i doubt this will get there) will be $200 max, but more than likely its gonna be $150 if anything.

They posted their ad on twitter. It's not an amazing deal.

.... fuck that noise, gonna sell it on craiglist with a better chance of not getting stabbed in the back.

Chamber

love on your sleeve

They posted their ad on twitter. It's not an amazing deal.

CryQsMUWYAEtrxc.jpg:large

You could potentially make more $$ by waiting to sell your current PS4, since it'll be phased out in November and many people vastly prefer its design.

Worked like a charm when I sold my OG Vita.

How do you do a system migration when it comes to trading in old consoles for the newer model? Don't have any experience with this myself.

If you have PS Plus then you don't have to do anything. All your saves and screenshots/videos will be saved in the cloud. Just log into your PSN account on the new system.

morpix

Yup, gonna sell it on my local friendly auction site before picking up a Pro. I did that with the XBone -> XBone S too, so it's my usual rotation. I get pretty much half the price of the new one.

Occam

Was considering it before we learned that Sony cheaped out on the UHD drive.
That in combination with how much power PS4 Pro uses made me reconsider. I think I'll just keep using my launch model until PS4 Pro is much cheaper or until the next revision is released.
My recommendation would be to sell the old PS4 on ebay.

ItsDorf

Banned
Problem with these trade in's is you have to give up your PS4 before the release to get the deal. I need someone to allow me to trade it in on the same day as I pickup with a bonus deal. Ill pay $200.00 for the upgrade but not 300+

grimmiq

EBgames here in AUS is doing $349 PS4 Pro trading in 500GB PS4+1 game. Down from $559. Probably going to take this as I have a launch PS4. Called them and my faulty ethernet port is apparently no issue to them. So $355 for 4k support, better FPS/visuals on non 4k games, working ethernet port and a warranty..Sold.

ramyeon

EBgames here in AUS is doing $355 PS4 Pro trading in 500GB PS4+1 game. Down from $559. Probably going to take this as I have a launch PS4.
Yeah I'm thinking of doing the same.

But it will be really hard to part with my white PS4 for the black Pro - wish they were offering both variants.

Zetta

I'll just buy the whole system again, going to gift my PS4 to my nephews. I looked at the trade-in deals and they were not great.

T.O.P

Banned
Not getting the Pro but I sold my PS4 a couple of days ago for 260€ on eBay

I can usually get some good € there

Draft

About a year ago Gamestop gave me $150 for my PS3 towards a PS4, and at the time the PS3 must have been less desirable than a fat PS4 will be in 6 months. I bet a trade in of $150 holds steady for a long time.

Even if the Slim is $300, if GS takes your Fat for $150 they can sell it for $225, make a big profit, and there will be an audience for slighter cheaper hardware.

Mathieran

Banned
I'll probably see if I can sell mine on Craigslist first for 200 with an old game or two first. If not I will trade in. It might drop down by early November but I expect it to remain at least 125.

yea I'll most likely trade my PS4 for a pro. But probably when it's closer to release so I can still play games like Last Guardian and DQ Builders

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
I can't trade mine in early because I just don't think I can wait an extra week or more to play MW Remastered. I am weak.

EBgames here in AUS is doing $355 PS4 Pro trading in 500GB PS4+1 game. Down from $559. Probably going to take this as I have a launch PS4. Called them and my faulty ethernet port is apparently no issue to them. So $355 for 4k support, better FPS/visuals on non 4k games, working ethernet port and a warranty..Sold.

Where did you get $355 from?

On the website it says $349 plus you add your EB World trade bonus (if you're a member) on top of the $210 base trade. For e.g: $210 + 20% trade bonus = $252 trade-in. $559 - $252 = $307 for the Pro.

Noobcraft

Well GS offered $200 credit on the PS4 when trading towards the Xbone slim

Assuming demand for Pro is higher, I'm guessing they will drop the trade in value of the OG PS4 to $100-150
No. GameStop offered $200 cash for it regardless of whether it was traded towards anything. That's what I got for mine. It just happened to be during the Xbox One S launch.

nOoblet16

I was talking to my friends today and I found out that apparently my PS4 is valued very highly by collectors because I have an installed copy of P.T.

Ofcourse this would also mean I lose my main account which has hundreds of dollars worth of games and 1000 hours or so of Destiny playtime.

grimmiq

Where did you get $355 from?

On the website it says $349 plus you add your EB World trade bonus (if you're a member) on top of the $210 base trade. For e.g: $210 + 20% trade bonus = $252 trade-in. $559 - $252 = $307 for the Pro.

No idea, might've been looking at something else, you're right, $349.

sephi22

How much do you guys think a Destiny Taken King white PS4 + Controller would get? If I could upgrade to the Neo for about $100-$150 it'd be great

I was talking to my friends today and I found out that apparently my PS4 is valued very highly by collectors because I have an installed copy of P.T.

Ofcourse this would also mean I lose my main account which has hundreds of dollars worth of games and 1000 hours or so of Destiny playtime.

Back that copy to a HDD before you sell it. That's what I did with my PT and I just restore the backup onto the new PS4.
Of course, that's assuming you aren't going to sell your account. I wouldn't.

farisr

Sold mine a week and a half ago for $300. Was regretting not being able to even boot up Deus Ex despite installing it. The Pro mode for it was a nice surprise, I really didn't expect it. But yeah, 2 months... Even though I have lots of stuff to play on other systems right now, it still feels like it's going to take forever for November 10th to roll up because it's the PS4 games that I have in my possession right now that I was looking forward to the most.

Tosyn_88

I think the best thing to do is not to rush at all. I know enthusiasm is high but it's best to wait and see what the different retailers will do with regards to trade-in deals which considering how much consoles exist out there, they probably will do. What cannot be predicted is how much worth will be placed in trade-in value

LowParry

I'm gonna wait to see if Gamestop does their $200 deal. I'll have 2 OG PS4s to trade in so that will take care of it. Plan on buying a Slim next week cause our oldest PS4 is starting to get really noisy.

I don't know if it's a good idea to sell or trade towards the Slim, use it for a couple months, then get the Pro. I'm confused.

Top Bottom