• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 won't boot, seems like a power problem?

oneida

Cock Strain, Lifetime Warranty
I've had this PS4 for like six weeks, this totally sucks.

It's been in rest mode since yesterday, I try to boot it up and it obviously tries for like ten seconds before just crapping out entirely.

What the hell? Last time I had a console hardware failure like this was with the GameCube over a decade ago. This is super frustrating.

Hupsel

Probably power supply. Happened to me too. Try to disconnect every cable (power, HDMI) then wait a few minutes. Reconnect them all and turn the PS4 on. Then, after using it, remove the cables once again and only reconnect them when you are about to use the console.

I don´t know why but it worked for me. My PS4 is from 2013 and a few weeks ago I had this same problem. He would turn on with a "click" sound, stay like that for 2 secs or so and then just die.

oneida

Try pressing and holding the power button for several seconds until you hear a double beep?
Yeah I can get to this screen, with the safe mode stuff but nothing seems to result in a successful boot. Hesitant to initialize the PS4, losing everything.

oneida

hardware wizards my ass.

Do you hear a clicking noise?
nah
Probably power supply. Happened to me too. Try to disconnect every cable (power, HDMI) then wait a few minutes. Reconnect them all and turn the PS4 on. Then, after using it, remove the cables once again and only reconnect them when you are about to use the console.

I don´t know why but it worked for me. My PS4 is from 2013 and a few weeks ago I had this same problem. He would turn on with a "click" sound, stay like that for 2 secs or so and then just die.
this seems to have worked...

modsbox

Just had this same issue with my Uncharted 4 LE console. Disconnecting it from power for a while and then reconnecting will make it boot... once. But rest mode will essentially always put it into a coma that it can't boot from. For me also the recovery menu was useless as even option 1 (restart ps4 in non-safe mode) didn't work. Only unplugging entirely and waiting fixed it.

Only fix is for Sony to replace the PSU. Call them now, as I did so 5 days ago and still haven't received the shipping box from them that I need to put it in, and after that they say it takes 7-10 business days to get it back to you after they receive it. So get it rolling now, knowing that you have a method of booting it, and send it in once they get you the box.

Top Bottom