• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Koji Productions Death Stranding is an open world action game, has online elements

dc89

"Story, world, and games are all connected by threads".
Open world game with online elements

Kojima just confirmed this on stage at TGS now.

Death Stranding coming in 4K and HDR, as stated at the PlayStation Press Conference Japan!
https://twitter.com/KojiPro2015_EN/status/775605543448694784

CsOErPFUEAAlKXs.jpg

In Death Stranding you will connect through "ropes" (instead of only through "sticks").
https://twitter.com/KojiPro2015_EN/status/775611674879401984

More details as and when.

I *really* don't understand why they have him on stage if he can't talk about the game in any kind of detail beyond vague concepts.

I'd rather have media silence and wait than get blue balled every time Kojima decides to show up at a conference.

If you missed the segment it was basically

DOLPHINS AND WHALES ALIVE MEANS LIFE DEATH MEANS DEAD 420 BLAZE IT SIE GIMME MONEY STRAND CONNECTED

Auctopus

Yeah he said this several months ago. He said it would be for fans of GTA and Assassin's Creed. Glad he's doubled down though as it mean he's actually making it.

Tizoc

Kojima better start showing gameplay cuz as is he's starting to look like the next peter molyneux

Jesus fucking christ he said literally nothing.

And LOL about being an Indie studio.

I wish I was drinking to spill all over the place.

The TGS English translator deserves a special thanks in the credits for Death Stranding when it comes out. That poor woman, it was madness.

DMONKUMA

Kojima I just want one thing since this game is open-world....have some fine good combat/gameplay mechanics. You made MGSV so you are capable of doing it...also maybe have an actually story in the game and come out in 3 years with some gameplay of Reedus in a Demon's exosuit killing things. Thanks bro.

Spinky

I mean.

Silent Hills still seems like it would've been so much more interesting, but sounds good. Still a day one buy.

In for anything from Kojima, can't wait, hope it controls as well as MGSV with a story as good as... well... I don't even know what I want from un-hinged Kojima o_O

Bl@de

Best choice he could make after MGSV. The best MGS. Kojima knows how to make open world fun. I trust him :)

Yeeeah, I'm signing out of anything related to Death Stranding hype then. It's bad enough that the game won't be out for another four years, but it sounds like they're building on what they created with MGSV, and that wasn't a direction I appreciated.

Ah well.

Very cool, it sounds like they've started working more on this game now, he also said that they've picked a game engine.

I'm really looking forward to playing this on the PS4 and PS5.

yuraya

The marketing for this thing is going to be crazy. When Kojima made all those MGSV trailers the fans kinda knew what was going on and who the characters were. With this no one will have a clue of any kind. Its just going be the weirdest and most ridiculous shit ever. I have a feeling he will just troll everyone for years until finally releasing the game and it turns out to be completely different from everything he said.

Top Bottom