• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What the fuck kind of shit ad did I just witness

Status
Not open for further replies.

gamma

So I was reading about the Battlefield 4 expansions being free on a German deal site. It linked to a gaming news site so I clicked the link and this happened:

ElementaryBelatedEarwig-size_restricted.gif

What the shit is this? I've never seen an ad like this. The way the actual content disappeared I thought it's some malware for a second. The gif is even sped up a bit.

And then they complain that people use adblockers?

Currygan

at last, for christ's sake
this is actually better than the autoplay ones

at least you can see where the fuck is the X to shut it down

Its so funny how some are being cheeky about how "cool" it is but would be destroying the internet if ads like this became the norm lol

In the not too distant future, you'll be reviewing your phone dick pics when some male enhancement ad will kick in and graph your member on the "after" shot.

demon

I don't mean to alarm you but you have dogs on your face
That's a quick way to ensure I'll have adblock turned on for your site forever.

low-G

Yea, I, like you, would be terrified to see that (thinking malware).

If they can do that to the way the webpage is drawn, imagine what they can do with your private information.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
That takes a very low amount of self-respect to give the ok. That website is shit.

"ok so what do you want to do again?"
"we want to take your entire site and blast it off the screen and then replace it with a full screen ad"
"cool"

yeah I mean just close your site if you hate yourself that much. Everyone involved in this should be ashamed (except the person who made it. they did good work)

If an internet ad mades me fear for the security of my PC or phone for even a second then it failed as an ad.

As long as malicious ads are still commonplace, then I will never find this cool.

G0523

Lol. Everyone in this thread:

giphy.gif

OP is Kif.

I will admit it is both horrifying and impressive at the same time.

daveo42

Banned
I was actually waiting for the ad to do another shifty shifty on you at the end. Slick ad and your future nightmare.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom