• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bioshock Remaster 1/2 free upgrades now live on Steam.

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
9fW6EAo.png

Such a cool gesture.

Yep, just checked and they're available in my library. I'm just trying to decide if I want to replay the game now, or wait. I always question myself because I have a huge backlog.

Nokterian

Just played bioshock 1 and they did a good job on the pc side running good so far and i literally jumped scared and i knew what was going to happen. I love the atmosphere in this game.

epmode

Hopefully not as bad as the console remaster.

Yeah, I really want to see a PC comparison of that first tunnel with the water rushing in.

I love the effects work in Bioshock so I'd avoid the remaster if it's downgraded like the console version.

Hopefully not as bad as the console remaster.

Yeah, I really want to see a PC comparison of that first tunnel with the water rushing in.

I love the effects work in Bioshock so I'd avoid the remaster if it's downgraded like the console version.

Ohhh no, I've been a little out of the loop, what happened!?!

I've never played any BioShock games (Well, played maybe 10 minutes of the first one at a friend's house but that barely counts) and was waiting for the collection to jump in, they fucked it up? ):

Zimmy68

The scene where the plane falls through and the water rushes through looks awful.

But, everything else looks amazing.

Rizific

Are there any advanced video options to be found anywhere? My 1070 so far is pegging this game out at 144fps at 1440p. Using the volume wheel on my keyboard pauses the game too, and even crashed it once =/

Are there any advanced video options to be found anywhere? My 1070 so far is pegging this game out at 144fps at 1440p. Using the volume wheel on my keyboard pauses the game too, and even crashed it once =/

No advanced options as far as I can see, and I am also getting the keyboard oddity.

dsk1210

I take it the physics are not running at 30fps anymore?

It can be modded anyway in the original but would be nice if that is no longer the case.

This is awesome, my SO will really enjoy this. Does anyone know if you can continue in the remastered versions from the progress of the regular versions?

Easy_D

never left the stone age
I'm 110% sure the porting process went as follows

Take original PC build, update some shit, remove some shit to get close to 60 FPS target on consoles. Port said version back to PC.

Pryce

Ohhh no, I've been a little out of the loop, what happened!?!

I've never played any BioShock games (Well, played maybe 10 minutes of the first one at a friend's house but that barely counts) and was waiting for the collection to jump in, they fucked it up? ):

People overreacting to water effects.

That's it.

ktroopa

That's it.

I own bs on 360 and never played it, though i do remember seeing initial videos and gawping at the water effects at that time, it looked great. Bs and water are hand in hand a big part of the game. How the fuck can they make it look worse?? So yea it is a big deal imo, as it ruins the immersion. Water reason indeed etc.

epmode

That's it.
What's the point of a remade PC game if it doesn't look better than the original version (which is playable on the same computer). Water effects are a big deal in Bioshock.

In related news, it looks like the original release is no longer for sale on Steam.

edit: I still haven't seen a PC comparison so it's possible it hasn't been downgraded. ..I'd be surprised if the water's the same though.

dr_rus

Is that in native 4K? I need it in 4K before i can comment on graphics options.. :p

Well, the good news is that with these "options" being maxed I'm getting >80 fps in the beginning of BS2 running in 5120x3200 (DSR 4x) on a GTX1080.

The bad news is that the game is pretty much unplayable without a FOV slider. I've also changed some sound settings (turned reverb on and switched to 5.1 from stereo) and now I have no sound in the game at all.

Erekiddo

Had a pretty significant bad crash when playing Bioshock 1 Remaster. Just made it inside the lighthouse when I lost picture and my GPUs fans (1080 FTW) sped up to full speed. No picture for 2-3 reboots thereafter.

lmimmfn

i launched Bioshock 1, im running 21:9 3440x1440 desktop, all i got was a black screen. Alt + Tab gave me a pointer but thats it. Rebooted and cant connect to steam for some reason, so yeah, lost all interest in this.....quickly

dr_rus

This game doesnt have an fov slider. It has a yes/no option for "expanded fov"

what a fucking port

Oh, good, BS1 have _some_ FOV control at least. It's probably the same as in the original though where they've added it to make the game hor+ instead of vert- on widescreen monitors. Still needs a proper FOV slider.

ktroopa

Well, the good news is that with these "options" being maxed I'm getting >80 fps in the beginning of BS2 running in 5120x3200 (DSR 4x) on a GTX1080.

The bad news is that the game is pretty much unplayable without a FOV slider. I've also changed some sound settings (turned reverb on and switched to 5.1 from stereo) and now I have no sound in the game at all.

GTX1080 here too, should slaughter this game at 4K+ :) no FOV sux.

4jjiyoon

runs so nice on a 970. so much better than the original. the fov is also fixed, as it should be. solid remaster imo.

Easy_D

never left the stone age
I wonder how much shit we can toggle on or off and tweak in the ini? Maybe we can turn on missing effects? Like, if we added values present in the original's ini file?

Jesb

For sone reason I thought I had the first two games on steam, but its nowhere to be seen. Oh well. 😆

Top Bottom