• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Silver Case release date (Steam/GOG, 10/7/16) & LE PC box thanks to Limited Run

cj_iwakura

First the good news.

Grasshopper Manufacture has just revealed a release date for the remake of the adventure game The Silver Case on PC. It will be available on Steam, GOG Humble Store and Playism on October 7th 2016. The regular version will be sold for $19.99 while the deluxe edition will cost $29.99. The Deluxe Edition includes an artbook, full color illustrations, The Silver Case OST, and a digital comic that explores events prior to Chapter 0: Lunatics in the game.

Then the SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY news:
qU5h7B4.gif

https://twitter.com/LimitedRunGames/status/776806123156430848
Also, we just announced that we're doing a boxed PC release of Suda 51, Playism, and Grasshopper Manufacture's The Silver Case HD. We're stoked about this one - will be an old school big box release with physical game install disc and some nice physical goodies (comic book, soundtrack, manuals). Obviously, this will open more doors in Japan so it's great progress. :)
Super excited to announce this finally!

We've been in talks about this since March when Douglas went to Japan and had a meeting with Playism. We are huge Suda51 fans, not to mention he is a really awesome guy in person.

Good god almighty.
silver_comic.jpg

silver_pkg.jpg

silver_ost.jpg

lhjhbB9.gif

cj_iwakura

so does the Limited Run physical version also include all the digital deluxe goodies? (illustrations, artbook, soundtrack, comic)?

there seems to be a tweet saying the Physical version comes with a "physical CD, comic book, and manuals" but not sure if that covers all the same stuff.

https://twitter.com/LimitedRunGames/status/776806919570919424

I think it's a safe bet.

Oh, digitally? Don't know. I would assume the decent thing would be to give you the steam deluxe code.

NotLiquid

A comic book? Interesting.

Reminds me of how the Killer7 comic never wrapped up. That said it was a pretty stark deviation from the game's atmosphere.

Ah, my bad.

Multiple threads for Silver Case news!

A mod can just merge them at this point I think, they both have equal amount of posts in them now anyway. Still good to see all the excitement though. Who would have thought a year ago that we'd get a frigging collector's edition (let alone an actual remaster) for a game as niche (and fuck awesome) as this? And they go all out with the OST, physical disc, comic prologue and beautiful box art. It really is unreal.

cj_iwakura

A mod can just merge them at this point I think, they both have equal amount of posts in them now anyway. Still good to see all the excitement though. Who would have thought a year ago that we'd get a frigging collector's edition for a game as niche (and fuck awesome) as this? And they go all out with the OST, physical disc, comic prologue and beautiful box art. It really is unreal.

The game has been getting a TON of news coverage, like beyond my wildest dreams. I had no idea Suda commanded so much pull.

The game has been getting a TON of news coverage, like beyond my wildest dreams. I had no idea Suda commanded so much pull.

I don't expect this game to sell gangbusters or anything but I think Ward 25 is certainly a lock at this rate due to the buzz it's created, for sure. I was surprised to see so many welcome Suda51 back like this though. It's been so positive he even talked about possibly doing a new Kill The Past game after he has cleared his current slate of games (including Ward 25, FSR remasters). Seems like it's really got him positive about making games again now. I hope that Twilight Syndrome tease by Spike Chunsoft English Twitter means they might do a re-release of those games too, then we'll have even more Suda goodness!

cj_iwakura

I don't expect this game to sell gangbusters or anything but I think Ward 25 is certainly a lock at this rate due to the buzz it's created, for sure. I was surprised to see so many welcome Suda51 back like this though. It's been so positive he even talked about possibly doing a new Kill The Past game after he has cleared his current slate of games (including Ward 25, FSR remasters). Seems like it's really got him positive about making games again now. I hope that Twilight Syndrome tease by Spike Chunsoft English Twitter means they might do a re-release of those games too, then we'll have even more Suda goodness!

They'd be crazy not to capitalize. Twilight Syndrome would be amazing, but that is some messed up stuff.

BBboy20

I4WYERG0RGFOPLKMT345Y-RGFSDNFD LFD[;'5YE6TR-\P[];5ETRP[3425W6==-345605Y6P\]

Limited Run Games is the best thing ever.
I need that physical version!
XSeed and now them are the saviors of gaming.

A mod can just merge them at this point I think, they both have equal amount of posts in them now anyway. Still good to see all the excitement though. Who would have thought a year ago that we'd get a frigging collector's edition (let alone an actual remaster) for a game as niche (and fuck awesome) as this? And they go all out with the OST, physical disc, comic prologue and beautiful box art. It really is unreal.
I want to feel like 17 again.

$30 is crazy cheap
Then this is already the best value in gaming.

cj_iwakura

Sorry for asking this bu is the noxed edition available for purchase anywhere atm?

Of course not. This site will go down hard when that happens.
Unlikely, but I'll be bumrushing that site like Sabin on an adrenaline high.

redhood56

Banned
I really want the LRG SE but my laptop doesn't have an optical drive :( If it doesn't come with a steam code I'll double dip with the digital version.

Thirty bucks?

You have me LRG, you fucking have me.

provided I save up/buy in time ._.

edit: sixty bux ain't happening :(

edit 2: don't think 30 bux could be happening either, WELP

cj_iwakura

Looks like it's going to be $59.99.
http://www.mightyrabbitstudios.com/limitedrunforums/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=765
$59.99, due to the specialized box we need to ship the bundle.

It's our first PC release so we're doing this one as a timed edition preorder to test the waters and see where demand for the platform is. We also need time to figure out assembly and make sure all the manufactured components are up to snuff.

Steam keys will be included by nothing in the box will be dependent on Steam. You'll get a Steam key through email shortly after purchase to play and enjoy while you wait for the box to ship"

Do we have stats on what this will be able to run on? I know it's a super old game and all, but this being a remake I wonder if my laptop can run it or not. I would love to be able to play it finally.

Do we have stats on what this will be able to run on? I know it's a super old game and all, but this being a remake I wonder if my laptop can run it or not. I would love to be able to play it finally.

There's a demo of the game on Steam. Buttery-frickin'-smooth on my midrange laptop from 2013.

Definitely considering the physical release, but either way, Im really looking forward to this one. Finished FSR recently and loved it, so I need more Suda51 adventure games.

cj_iwakura

Definitely considering the physical release, but either way, Im really looking forward to this one. Finished FSR recently and loved it, so I need more Suda51 adventure games.

The end credit scene of FSR is literally right out of TSC's style. Should drop your jaw once you realize the connection.

Top Bottom