• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil 7 Trademark lists "Cartridges", could be coming to NX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jawmuncher

Made the thread since DeathSparks is a Junior Member

UPDATE: Cartridges is a stock phrase, possibility is still there, but the trademark adds nothing to it.
Apparently there's a rumor going around that Resident Evil 7 could be coming to the NX, these documents were filed back in June of this year and specifically mentions cartridges.
residentevil7-3-1024xh3sqh.jpg

trb19v9pc95x.png

Source:http://gonintendo.com/stories/26522...demark-mentions-cartridges-adds-fuel-to-nx-ru

Sounds likely to me. The NX will probably be capable spec wise, and most third parties usually give nintendo a chance at launch. Beside's that Capcom and Nintendo have always held a good relationship. Even if they don't port everything they do to their consoles. Jack Baker 4 Smash.

L Thammy

Well, my hands are already in my pants. Your move Kimishima.

EDIT: Hands out of pants. You missed your chance..

KingBroly

Banned
For reference, Breath of the Wild also lists cartridges in its' trademark. That's why this comparison is being made, since NX might (probably is) using carts.

Oregano

Resident Evil has a history with Nintendo but I'm inclined to think this is just Capcom covering their bases for the trademark.

Thanks bud for posting this, I would love to play this game on the NX and seeing as how Capcom has supported Nintendo in the past and still is with the 3DS.

I can see this likely happening

FelipeMGM

Hmmm, trademark also applies for mobile gaming, so I assume its just a general thing.

Also, wasnt this talked already around the E3 time here at GAF?

EDIT: Yep

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch
Can the Nintendo fanboys just chill for a day ? This is beyond pathetic

FelipeMGM

Interesting. Though I would still say that perhaps the possibility is still there for RE7.
Since the series does have a history with nintendo from the exclusivity back in the day. Plus with capcom pushing multi-plat, i'd figure they'd try to anyway.

Sure it makes sense, but this listing is no indication of that

udivision

As long as the NX is announced before TGS starts, we won't have to worry about whether or not the Japanese Third Party games (that will supposedly make up a huge chunk of the NX's library) are actually coming to the console or not.

Takao

Banned
As long as the NX is announced before TGS starts, we won't have to worry about whether or not the Japanese Third Party games (that will supposedly make up a huge chunk of the NX's library) are actually coming to the console or not.

I have bad news for you ...

Ōkami

I guess this is a joke because TGS already started.

Game Theory: NX is a Time Machine?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom