• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Videos and Hands-on Impressions for Watch Dogs 2

GkMxMHw.png

JP

I've started watching the first video.

I was wondering if anybody knows about a cockpit view while driving? It's often a tricky thing to get right in a game like this but it is my preferred camera view while driving.

Pepin

I've started watching the first video.

I was wondering if anybody knows about a cockpit view while driving? It's often a tricky thing to get right in a game like this but it is my preferred camera view while driving.

There didn't seem to be in the build I played

kiguel182

This game would be so cool if they just eliminated the lethal options.

Seeing this cool, hip kid hacker with an ak-47 totally kills it for me.

Any previews touch on whether the radio is just a bunch of songs or setup like actual radio stations like in GTA?

If they aren't actual radio stations it would be weird they even bothered changing the setup from the first game.

And wow, the driving looks eh still. And the city looks empty af.

ezekial45

Banned
It's refreshing that this game allows you to wear 90s Zubaz pants. The last game only had different colors and fits of the trench coat and pants, so I'm very pleased they're loosening things up here.

CtC4waPUkAAvNly.jpg

kiguel182

I mean, they are just options. You can play the whole game without using a gun.

I know and if I ever play it it will be like that.

But I don't think there should be options if the world isn't going to react to them.

I rather the mechanincs and the story be cohesive instead of "you can do whatever you want!".

And the fact that they focused on this options might detract from other aspects of the game design. Which sucks because the setting of the game could be better used without the guns.

Rogas

Banned
Graphics are hugely stepped up, I think it looks on par with the original Watch Dogs trailer at E3 2012.

ezekial45

Banned
This game would be so cool if they just eliminated the lethal options.

Seeing this cool, hip kid hacker with an ak-47 totally kills it for me.

That's true. Thankfully there's way more non-lethal options and stealth gameplay this time around. You can beat the game without killing anyone.

If they aren't actual radio stations it would be weird they even bothered changing the setup from the first game.

And wow, the driving looks eh still. And the city looks empty af.

Not sure about radio station commentary a la GTAV, but they'll still comment on recent happenings in the game world, like after missions and such.

ymgve

I think a video encoder kicked the design team as a baby and this is their revenge. Some of the effects in this game (like hacker vision) makes the streams a blocky mess.

eshwaaz

Looks fun, but sloppy on the little details. Ejected shell casings clip right through the environment, and the sound for them hitting the ground plays while they're stil at the top of their arc. Small stuff, but it drives me crazy.

It's like the people previewing the game are having a competition on how hilarious they can make the main character look.

Looks improved from the first game. I don't know if I will be jumping in right away though. I'm more interested in Mafia 3 for opening world games this holiday.

ezekial45

Banned
I'm getting really strong vibes from the movie Hackers after seeing more of the game. I'm glad Ubisoft embraced weird and fun, instead of getting more serious.

Hackers-Movie.jpg

anddo0

Game looks fun, voice acting is horrible.. The guy with the black mask (hack, slash) whatever his name is, he already annoys me. It looks more fun than Mafia 3, but Mafia seems tighter, more polished.

Are your crew members going to be yelling in your ear on every mission?

Drewfonse

Game looks fun, voice acting is horrible.. The guy with the black mask (hack, slash) whatever his name is, he already annoys me. It looks more fun than Mafia 3, but Mafia seems tighter, more polished.

Are your crew members going to be yelling in your ear on every mission?

Gotta disagree on this. Both games look great, but Mafia 3 just looks more fun, to me. Hopefully they both turn out well.

KJRS_1993

Describing Grand Theft Auto as satire is already off the mark - it's not even close to being clever enough to be called satire. GTA is (quite lazily written) simple caricature at best.

Watch Dogs 2 sounds like a huge improvement over the original. I'm just worried that nobody is going to try it out.

I mean, they are just options. You can play the whole game without using a gun.

If some muppet comes into your game and tried to hack you though (assuming that mode is still in), the temptation to shoot them in the face would make a no-kill run very difficult.

YaBish

I'm really hoping this game turns out well. Looks like Ubisoft pulled out all the stops, and I hope it pays off.

Top Bottom