• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rate My Friend's Looks (Politely)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duplolas

Banned
Stop now new thread viewers. You missed your chance. :p

So this is a really weird request, but there's a good reason for it.

Essentially my best friend was messed with a lot growing up and has developed anxiety issues because of it.

One of the issues that she has developed over this time is legitimately thinking she is ugly despite being rather good looking.

I've tried talking to her about it, but the idea that she is ugly is just too deeply set in to be undone just by one person.

So here we are!

The idea of this thread is simply to look at a few photos in an imgur album I have set up and politely rate her.

If you could rate her on a scale of 1-10 and also define what that number means to you, that would be amazing.

Again, please be polite about this. Don't nit pick and name off specific flaws with her. Just give the most basic, honest, rating you can. Please make this a positive experience and help my friend overcome something that has been an for her for such a long time.

Thank you all.

Here is the imgur album: Deleted

Edit: Yes I have permission.

Edit 2: I am going to delete the album and have a mod lock this soon. I think I have gotten enough posts to back my claim.

Edit 3: Sorry if this came off as creepy to people. I get how it could, but like I said, she and I are just friends.

Edit 4: Album deleted. Enough posts have been made. Thanks to all of those who helped. :D

Sapiens

She's pretty hot. like, an 8 with a take her home to mom bonus. She's probably giving guys boners all the time. Tell her that. Boobs look rockin' - D Cup?

That last picture makes it look like she blew a fart and the girl behind her got a whiff.

While I don't think rating anyone on a 10-point scale is ever appropriate, if she thinks she ugly, she is absolutely out of her mind and needs her eyes checked. She'll be fine.

So, wait, are you posting her pictures with or without her permission? Because it's one thing to boost her self esteem, it's another to try and do so by asking random strangers to rate her on a scale of 1-10 without her express permission.

This isn't the kind of thing where you do it and ask permission later, I'd imagine she could see this as kind of creepy.

I don't imagine anyone will make fun of her like you seem to be worried about.
Seems cute enough
maybe not too smart to post it here, tho

Bleepey

She'd get a second date even if she doesn't put out on the first. I am willing to raise my standards if she lowers hers. Or maybe on account of her anxiety I'd punch above my weight and she won't know it. What I'm trying to say is she's cute and is she single?

Miles X

I honestly don't buy the premise of this thread. What are you trying to do here OP?

I agree. She also doesn't look like the type of person to have an issue with their looks given how she is in the photographs.

And honestly, why ask for GAF's opinion? I've seen numerous "rate me" threads and the guy/girl could look like a tramp who hasn't washed in a year and GAF would still rate them 8, they think everyone is hot/sexy.

Edit - She's not ugly by any stretch, just an average normal looking girl.

Vire

Hope you asked her consent to do this cause this thread is about to get creepy...

She's cute. I hope she feels better about herself since there are many girls who would be envious to be in her position.

MattyG

Banned
1) She's cute, 2) good god, I hope you got permission, 3) holy shit I hope this doesn't go as poorly as I'm imagining it will.

She isnt pretty!

SHE IS FREAKING GORGEOUS!!!

Like seriously how could she possibly not know that?

I am not pretty so its hard for me to grasp how pretty people not know they are pretty. I get saying it to sound humble and all that, but to really think it?

Never the less, tell her that this brazilian thinks she is a 10.

So tell her she has international confirmation she is pretty.

She is beatiful across different cultures, nationalities and ethnicities :)

Also, I hope you have her premission to post pics here. Otherwise, I find that a bit disrespectful. Well intentioned, but wrong. Anyway, she is pretty.

Honestly? She's very cute to me. Her appearance has a lot more personality to it than the cookie cutter identical "10s" featured in a lot in media. I prefer that.

Really hope you got permission to do this!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom