• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon Sun/Moon Special Demo Thread

Siege.exe

I don't know why I just posted that as if I didn't see it here already. But yeah, Popplio 3, still gross but keep em coming

Carl7

1476766199789.png

DNAbro

And? Should we flood neogafs thread with multiples pokemon threads? Let the leaks be here. If a mod decides it, then another thread should be made for leaks.

I'm just trying to contain it cause people will come in here and whine about spoilers. The datamine and demo are different discussions. Also new news, new thread.

AESplusF

So it seems like we're getting some shinies in the next datamine video. Oh, I just read that they may have left every shiny image in the game.

ephemeral

There are also lots of ways to make it harder, or at least turn off easy mode. For XY/ORAS, that would mean turning off Exp. Share. For BW, don't use the free Lucky Egg. This is also the reason Nuzlocke was invented, though that's probably going too far in the other direction.

I'm not particularly fond of creating own ways of adjusting difficulty, but I guess turning off exp share would be fine as long as that doesn't force me to grind like a maniac.

The demo is probably easier than the main game, but pokemon games have always been easy, at least if you consider their main story. Side content and post game can be quite challenging, though.

How much of the content, in percentage, would you say is challenging?

It's possible they downloaded the ORAS demo thinking it was for Sun/Moon.

You get a Greninja with Battle Bond (The ability that lets it turn into Ash Greninja).
Sorry about that, yeah I didn't check what version it was.

I'm not particularly fond of creating own ways of adjusting difficulty, but I guess turning off exp share would be fine as long as that doesn't force me to grind like a maniac.

In general, you're vastly overpowered for the demo, it's not a good judge of difficulty in any sense so much as it's trying to present the mechanics and how the main game might use them.

But for the main game I recommend going to the options menu and turning on Set Mode, which makes the game the way it's supposed to play. You can turn off the EXP share after that.

ephemeral

In general, you're vastly overpowered for the demo, it's not a good judge of difficulty in any sense so much as it's trying to present the mechanics and how the main game might use them.

But for the main game I recommend going to the options menu and turning on Set Mode, which makes the game the way it's supposed to play. You can turn off the EXP share after that.

Excellent, will pick it up then. Thanks for the tip.

Top Bottom