• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 English Cast Revealed

Lunar15

IGN has the scoop: [url]http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/10/19/persona-5-english-voice-cast-revealed-2
[/URL]
Xander Mobus as the protagonist
Cassandra Morris as Morgana
Max Mittelman as Ryuji Sakamoto
Erika Harlacher as Ann Takamaki
Matt Mercer as Yusuke Kitagawa
Cherami Leigh as Makoto Niijima
Erica Lindbeck as Futaba Sakura
Xanthe Huynh as Haru Okumura
Robbie Daymond as Goro Akechi

There's a video which shows off some of the voice actors, as well as an interview with Xander Mobius. New videos will be released leading up to february.

(Update) Youtube link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fRrgWu7XzQw

Wait so the protag has voiced lines? Sorry, I'm really in the dark with P5.

Or is it minor stuff like grunts and battle noises?

edit: so does this mean IGN broke into the Atlus offices? :p

Lunar15

Still not feeling Cassandra Morris as Morgana.

Wait some the protag has voiced lines? Sorry, I'm really in the dark with P5.

Or is it minor stuff like grunts and battle noises?

Yes, he'll yell out the names of his persona, as well as some other minor battle noises.

I knew Matt Mercer would get in there. I'm familiar with some of the names, but most are foreign to me. Good. No familiar voices taking away my immersion.

dugdug

Banned
Have two people with names that begin with X ever been mentioned in the same sentence, let alone stand in the same room together?

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
I don't know my VAs but are there examples of who they have voiced before?

You would probably know Matt Mercer the best.

He voiced:
- Leon
- Chrom
- Walter (SMT4)
- Jesse McCree
- Gangplank
- Alvin
- Cor (FFXV)
- Ryoma
- Rexxar
- Stryker
- Edge Maverick
- Kanji in all the P4 spin-offs

Marche90

I don't know my VAs but are there examples of who they have voiced before?

The only ones who I know off the top of my head are Xander Mobus (Dagda in SMTIV:A, Gideon in Trails of Cold Steel and the announcer of Smash 4) and Matthew Mercer (Chrom in Fire Emblem Awakening, Kanji post P4 The animation second half)

EDIT: Oh, yeah, forgot about McCree for Mercer.

EDIT 2: Btw, I vouch for Xander Mobus. He's AMAZING as Dagda, and did an awesome job as Gideon, too.

At a quick glance I only reconize Erika Lindbeck and Matt Mercer, but I really like both of them. Gonna look up the rest

EDIT: Cassandra Morris was Fie/Alfin in Cold Steel 2. Awesome. I never would have guessed both were the same person

Max Mittelman was McBurn. Oh shit

Xanthe Huynh and Robbie Daymond were both in Cold Steel 2 as well and decent.
Now we have to hope for good VA direction and the dub is gonna be great

Jb

I knew Matt Mercer would get in there. I'm familiar with some of the names, but most are foreign to me. Good. No familiar voices taking away my immersion.

Yeah I'm also glad they went for new talent. Fingers crossed they're as good as the cast of P3 and P4.

NotLiquid

Xander Mobus? Now I can't help but imagine the protag delivering his Persona name calls as if he were the Smash Bros announcer.

wbEMX

Xander Mobus as protagonist sounds kind of hilarious to me. He should do some lines in his Smash 4 announcer voice. :p

Anyway, great selection of voice actors there.

Yukinari

The announcer of Smash 4 becoming the voice of a protagonist for a major release like this is kind of shocking. Such young talent.

Neoxon

You would probably know Matt Mercer the best.

He voiced:
- Chrom
- Walter (SMT4)
- Jesse McCree
- Gangplank
- Alvin
- Cor (FFXV)
- Ryoma
- Rexxar
- Stryker
- Edge Maverick
- Kanji in all the P4 spin-offs from P4AU onwards
FTFY, you also forgot Jotaro Kujo.

Either way, the Smash 4 announcer voicing the protagonist is god-tier. I'm happy that Xander Mobus is going far in the voice acting industry.

bigkrev

You can use behindthevoiceactors.com to look up previous roles for characters.

For Example, Max Mittleman was the voice of Saitama in One-Punch Man and Leo in Fire Emblem Fates

Jarmel

Banned
Yup first impression isn't positive.

Whoever says the line, "You guys are the Phantom Thieves" sounds way too young.

KLoWn

Protag sounded alright I guess, in line with the usual Persona voice acting.

Don't know any of those other people or their work, but someone said Danganronpa and I hated the dub in that, so ehh.. Hopefully it'll be good.

Whoa Xander is the announcer in Smash 4? That's crazy that he now is the Protagonist! Also, yay Matthew Mercer is back! Can't wait for the spotlight trailers.

Top Bottom