• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Google Pixel | The Review Thread: Brought to you by Google and viewers like you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
WELCOME TO THE OFFICIAL PIXEL [AND PIXEL XL] REVIEW THREAD.

BlCI77w.jpg

ArsTechnica [ArsTechnica Approved; The best Android phone, even if it's a little pricey]

The Good
•Android from Google. This is a cohesive, consistent software package instead of being a branding battleground between Google and a third party.
•The Assistant is fun, fast, and useful. A great evolution of Google's already great voice command system.
•The only 2016 Android phone with fast OS updates.
•One of the best cameras on a smartphone. Great low light shots and speedy performance.
•Has a headphone jack. Won't explode.

The Bad
•The sky-high price feels more like a marketing ploy ("We're just as good as the iPhone!") than a justifiable price point.
•The single speaker is a big downgrade from the Nexus 6P. Google is charging more and delivering less.
•A rear glass panel adds fragility and ugliness in exchange for... nothing? Just use metal.
•Other devices at this price point from Samsung and Apple are "dunkable" in water with IP68 rating. The Pixels are not.
•Still no SD card slot even though Google made SD cards much more usable in Android 6.0.
•Google's two years of major OS updates can't compare to Apple's iPhone support, which is often 4+ years of OS updates.

The Ugly
•Google's flagship smartphone design is a bland iPhone clone. Do better.

WIRED [No score; positive review] || [WIRED PIXEL CAMERA PHOTO GALLERY]

But I’m switching. For real. I’m turning off iMessage, re-buying apps, and warning friends that I probably won’t get their texts for a few days. I am a little worried about Google’s long-term commitment to this new hardware push (and the customer support that comes with it), given its propensity for killing products that don’t get billions of users. But I’m totally in love with the Pixel. I love this camera, I love Google Assistant, I love that I’ll get to use it with a comfy VR headset, I love that I finally get a version of Android that is both powerful and attractive. I love that there’s a kickass Android phone that (probably) doesn’t explode.

The immediate joke everyone, including me, made on Twitter after the Pixel launch was that Google made an iPhone. Well, that’s true. As it turns out, an iPhone running Android is exactly what I’ve been waiting for.

The Wall Street Journal [No score; positive review]

Google Pixel Review: The Android iPhone You’ve Been Waiting For
Google yanked a page from Apple’s playbook and created the best Android phone

Android people, please step forward. Good news! Your next phone-buying decision just got a heck of a lot easier. The Google Pixel is now the best Android smartphone you can buy. The other leading contender was disqualified due to spontaneous combustion.

iPhone people, it’s your turn. Ask yourself: Why do I have an iPhone? Is it because of its software, services and privacy policies? Or is it because it’s a very good phone for things like Google Maps, Gmail, Spotify and Facebook Messenger? If you’ve answered yes to the latter, the Pixel may be for you, too.

The Verge ["Home Run" apparently means 9; positive review]

Both Pixel variants have a Qualcomm Snapdragon 821 processor, 4 gigs of RAM, and flat-out gorgeous OLED screens with deep blacks and vibrant, punchy colors. And that’s important: at some point next month, Daydream VR will finally get released and you’ll want high-quality screens for that.

The Pixels are fast — noticeably faster than Samsung’s Galaxy S7. On performance alone, these are easily the best Android phones you can buy. For a phone made by Google, that’s absolutely the expectation — it’s just good to note that at its first time at bat, Google hit a home run.

Good Stuff:
• Long battery life
• Fast and powerful
• Google Assistant

Bad Stuff:
• Not waterproof
• Pedestrian design
• Google's take on Android needs more polish

TechCrunch [No score; positive review]

When yours is the only name on a handset, you’d better put your best foot forward. Sure, the company got manufacturing help from its friends at HTC, but the message is clear — sink or swim, it’s all on Google. And on just about every count, the company delivers. It’s a well-designed (if aesthetically neutral) handset with robust specs and a killer screen and camera.

Most importantly of all, it’s a demonstration, much like Apple’s output, of what happens when the same company is involved in the design of an end-to-end hardware and software solution. It feels natural and works together like a charm — and, unlike a number of competing Android handsets, nothing feels tacked on after the fact. An arguably ironic message for a company that’s been so supportive of third-parties up to this point.

And with the first seeds of pieces like Assistant being sowed, the Pixel XL also feels like a bridge to the future of the company, as Google sets its sights on your home and beyond.

FORBES [No score; positive review]

The 32GB Pixel XL retails for $769 for the Google Store, which puts it on par with the prices of the Apple iPhone 7 and the Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge. It’s clear that Google is aiming for the premium Android smartphone market and not toward budget-oriented consumers. However, if you’re someone who uses the camera function a lot, the phone could just be worth the price since it takes professional-quality photos with ease. And if you just need to have a premium smartphone, the XL can certainly go toe-to-toe with its closest competitors, and is a worthy option to consider.

9TO5GOOGLE [No score; positive review]

The elephant(s) in the room, I think, are the Chinese-made budget offerings like the OnePlus 3. In terms of raw specifications, the OnePlus 3 is very comparable to the Pixel — and in some ways better. It’s also a whole 2 or 3 Benjamins cheaper. Honestly, it’s a difficult situation. The Pixel really is great. And in some ways it’s one of the best phones ever. Early — and perhaps exclusive — access to Google’s latest software features is hard to pass up for some. It has near-stock Android with valuable software additions on top and reliable performance. It has the Snapdragon 821. But is it worth the extra cash?

I can’t answer that question for you. I think for me, the answer is yes. I would pick this phone over most Android phones. But I’m also a big fan of Google software, and I prefer to use Android the way Google intends it. None of the other OEMs can offer this flavor of Android that has this degree of Google’s mark and influence. All things considered, these phones aren’t perfect. But no phones are, and if you’re one who loves Google’s software and services as much as I do, they might be the imperfect phones for you.

ChipChick [No score; positive review]

There’s no doubt that the Pixel XL is a phenomenal phone and a worthy successor to past Nexus devices. Being Google’s very own flagship, it’s the yardstick by which all future Android handsets will be measured. We love the materials and craftsmanship, the beautiful display, the snappy performance, and the pure user experience. The camera is top notch, despite the lack of OIS, and we’re looking forward to many shake-free videos. That being said, it’s an expensive device, the design is somewhat generic, and Google Assistant still feels like a bit of a gimmick. Is it a buy? Yes, absolutely — if you can afford it. Make no mistake: the Pixel XL represents the cream of the Android crop. It immediately puts Google in the rarefied company of Samsung and Apple at the top of the smartphone game, and that’s no small feat.

The Good: Great build quality, gorgeous screen, excellent camera, top notch performance, pure Google.

The Bad: Pricey, bland design, lack of OIS, not water-resistant.

TechnoBuffalo [Mostly positive review; "Wait and see" verdict]

I have too many questions about the focus of the Google Pixel and not enough confidence in its future. It’s a fine phone, sure, but there are plenty of devices that offer similar performance and, in some cases, more features, for the same price or less.

You want an Android phone? Buy a Galaxy S7 Edge. You want an Android phone that doesn’t break the bank? Buy a OnePlus 3. You want an Android Phone with Google Assistant? Buy a Nexus 6P and hack it on. Want something unique? Buy a Moto Z. You want an expensive Android phone with 24/7 support, unlimited Google Photo backup and the chance at getting the latest software first? Then get the Pixel. I suggest waiting to see what Google’s grander plan for the Pixel is before diving in, however. With the glaring hole left by the Galaxy Note 7 in my arsenal, I’ll personally be switching over to the Moto Z.

PROS:
•Decent battery life
•Great camera
•First dibs on Android software

CONS:
•Uninspiring design
•Expensive
•Not water resistant
•No wireless charging
•No expandable storage

CNet ["Pure Android at its absolute best" = 8.8]

But the Pixel is a beaut. It runs fast and comes at a time when the largest Android phone-maker, Samsung, is hitting some rough luck. Save for its Lens Blur feature, the Pixel's camera exceeded my high expectations and gives the iPhone a run for its money. Google Assistant feels more natural than other voice search systems, and it's handy for organizing your daily life (if you remember it's there).

Now that many are justifiably cautious of Samsung phones, the Pixel is a great option for Android users wondering where to go next. Its brand cachet already rivals Samsung and Apple. Unlike the Nexus models of years past, you don't have to be an Android enthusiast to appreciate it. The only thing you'll have to be enthusiastic about is owning a phone that's beautiful, takes awesome photos and has smooth performance. If you are, the Pixel's for you.

The Good
The Google Pixel has a fantastic camera, especially in low light. It's elegantly designed. Google Assistant takes one of the most natural, human approaches to answering your voice.

The Bad
The phone's display is dim in outdoor sunlight and its camera's Lens Blur feature is shoddy. It's splash-resistant rather than dunkable, and it's pricey compared to previous Google Nexus devices.

The Bottom Line
If you're wary of Samsung or looking for a worthy iPhone alternative, the Google Pixel is the high-end Android phone to get

Engadget [86; Other Android phone makers should be worried]

As the story goes, Google only really got to contribute to Nexus phones once they were 90 percent done. That's crazy, isn't it? I loved the Nexus line from day one, but it always felt clear that Google was just experimenting with things while its hardware partners took on most of the risk. Now Google is sticking its own neck out there, and the market -- no, the people -- won't stand for mediocrity.

Thankfully, the Pixels are much, much better than that. They certainly have their share of shortcomings, like a drab design, wimpy water resistance and some hefty price tags. The thing is, Google had to start somewhere, and the foundation it built with these two phones is a surprisingly strong one. These aren't just great first attempts at smartphones; these are great smartphones, period, and every other Android device maker out there should be a little worried.

Pros
Excellent build quality
Fantastic camera
Smooth performance

Cons
Expensive
Yawn-inducing design
Less water-resistant than rivals

Gizmodo [The Google Pixel Is Too Dumb and Ugly to Replace Your iPhone]

README
·The first truly homegrown Google phone
·The Pixel XL is somehow chunkier than last year’s Nexus 6P
·Holy crap, this phone is super fast
·Smart burst photo mode is great for capturing the perfect moment

·Google Assistant is a promising feature, but ultimately not full baked
·The glass on the back of the phone feels sticky and kind of gross to hold in your hand
·How is this better than my Nexus 6P again?

NYTimes [Neutral, somewhat negative review]

Based on features alone, the Pixel is decent compared with Apple’s iPhone 7 and Samsung’s Galaxy S7.

Using Pixel with Project Fi may also end up saving you money: If you picked, for example, a plan with two gigabytes of data, you’d pay $40 a month for cellphone and data service that works all over the world. In contrast, Verizon charges $55 a month for a similar plan that doesn’t include free international roaming.

If you are uninterested in Project Fi and are not deeply invested in Google’s ecosystem, there is another route: Try an iPhone. Apple’s iPhone 7 and 7 Plus outperformed the Pixel in every way in terms of hardware features.

And so far, to my knowledge, Apple phones haven’t blown up.

Will update when more are linked or shared.

Overall impressions seem positive. Anyone here getting one? What phone are you leaving behind?

snacknuts

we all knew her
Preordered mine before the announcement conference was over. Got my shipping notification for a 32GB Pixel earlier this afternoon. Can't wait.

WTF @ that NYT review. Conflating Android in general with exploding Note 7's. Yeesh.

The NYT review was embarrassing. They didn't even mention the battery life and doesn't quite understand how finger print readers on the back work.

reKon

Banned
Some of these reviews are actually utter embarrassing. Like what the fuck, lol...

You're a tech journalist who has more insight than the general population on these things. For example, listing that the phone won't blow up as a pro is unprofessional, unoriginal, not clever and doesn't really add anything useful.

SpecX

Glad to see this getting positive reviews, but the lacking features and design turns me away from this phone. No reason Google/HTC should have released this without water resistance and SD card support. Hopefully they listen to the reviewers continue to harp on the poor design.

$869 for the XL with 128 GB storage seems absolutely insane.

Glad to see this getting positive reviews, but the lacking features and design turns me away from this phone. No reason Google/HTC should have released this without water resistance and SD card support. Hopefully they listen to the reviewers continue to harp on the poor design.

Has any Google phone or tablet ever had a microSD card slot? I can't recall one. It's one of the best aspects of choosing Android devices over Apple, but Google doesn't feature it on their flagship devices.

Yurikerr

This post isn't by me, it's by a guy with the same username as me.
Hahhaha, this part of the NY Times review must be trolling:

The Pixel’s fingerprint sensor, for unlocking the phone, is annoyingly on the back of the device rather than on the face. So when you’re on the go, you will probably be using two hands — one to hold the phone and the other to place your fingerprint on the back — to unlock the Pixel.

Just, why not use your index finger like a normal person?

More seriously, while I would love it to have a cheaper price point, if Google really want this to be seen as the flagship line of Android devices I think there's not very much they could have done.
This first interaction might be turning a profit for every unit sold and as a result they could sell it for a cheaper price, but if they build a more "premium" device on the future they would not get away with hiking the price later.

So I think their line of thought is that's better to start at the ceiling and reduce prices as the market demands. Let's see how all this play out, the good thing is that if you're patient there's a big possibility of this guy being really cheaper in like 3 months.

Google's insistence on the price point will hurt it. Should be $100 cheaper for each.

I'm considering the phone but one of the biggest pluses for me are the superior looks of Android phones over the iPhone.

Probably going with an S7 edge or wait for the S8 to replace my HTC m8

RoadHazard

Gold Member
The phone to get this year, as expected (if price - which is definitely too high - isn't an issue). I won't though, as I haven't even had my 6P for a year and am very happy with it. Pixel 2 for me next year, assuming it's at least as good.

SpecX

$869 for the XL with 128 GB storage seems absolutely insane.

Has any Google phone or tablet ever had a microSD card slot? I can't recall one. It's one of the best aspects of choosing Android devices over Apple, but Google doesn't feature it on their flagship devices.

I think the HTC Nexus One was the first and last device to have one. I hoped with Google going back with HTC for this phone, they would have added it back in, but they didn't. Also with it not having SD support, you would think water resistance could be added, but no. You can't go and say this is a flagship phone competing with other flagship devices and not try to match specs/features. I get Apple is behind on some things, but Google should not be getting beat on their own platform.

Skux

Google's insistence on the price point will hurt it. Should be $100 cheaper for each.

They're chasing the iPhone crowd, the one that will happily pay $650+ for a phone that doesn't have a headphone jack.

Setting a high price creates the perception of value and puts it as an equal to the iPhone. If you showed an iPhone fan a $500 phone and said it was a direct competitor, they'd write it off immediately as "inferior" because it doesn't cost as much.

It's a placebo, but a very effective one. Studies have shown that people rate wine better when they're told it's more expensive. Luxury brands have been getting away with it for decades.

dc3k

I think I might try Android for a year. Not liking the lack of headphone jack in the iPhone. This looks like a good replacement for my 6s.

BahamutPT

I really really want one, but phone prices in Europe have shot up to ridiculous levels. 1009€ for the 128GB XL is way way too much. (So is 1029€ for the equivalent iPhone, for that matter)

What does such an XL go for in the US after taxes, for comparison?

tariniel

The most attractive thing about the Pixel to me is that I've heard it doesn't have the "Android jank". I've played around with a few Android phones and it's noticeable on them even in just a few minutes of going through menus - for example I thought the S7 Edge was a beautiful device, it has one of the best screens I've ever seen, and just flipping through the settings menu it had visible lag and slowdown.

If the Pixel doesn't have that at all, then that's what the biggest selling point of it is to me. But I don't trust reviews to convey this well, since a month from now we could be hearing users complain that they're seeing the same issue on their Pixel. It's a good thing there's a month long wait for people that didn't order already so we can see more user impressions.

But man the screen on the S7 Edge was so beautiful I considered getting one even with the "jank". I'm also keeping an eye out on the LG V20 since I really like that it has an SD card slot and removeable battery.

Whatever I end up doing I'm really eager to upgrade from my iPhoone 5S. I have a month+ to decide between iPhone7, Pixel, or something else. I'm even considering just getting an iPhone 6S+ so I can get an upgrade but still have a headphone jack; this actually sounds like the most appealing option the more I think about it.

Sky Chief

I just got notification that my 128GB Quite Black Pixel XL was shipped. Very excited, it's clearly the best Android phone on the market.

reKon

Banned
The most attractive thing about the Pixel to me is that I've heard it doesn't have the "Android jank". I've played around with a few Android phones and it's noticeable on them even in just a few minutes of going through menus - for example I thought the S7 Edge was a beautiful device, it has one of the best screens I've ever seen, and just flipping through the settings menu it had visible lag and slowdown.

If the Pixel doesn't have that at all, then that's what the biggest selling point of it is to me. But I don't trust reviews to convey this well, since a month from now we could be hearing users complain that they're seeing the same issue on their Pixel. It's a good thing there's a month long wait for people that didn't order already so we can see more user impressions.

But man the screen on the S7 Edge was so beautiful I considered getting one even with the "jank". I'm also keeping an eye out on the LG V20 since I really like that it has an SD card slot and removeable battery.

Whatever I end up doing I'm really eager to upgrade from my iPhoone 5S. I have a month+ to decide between iPhone7, Pixel, or something else. I'm even considering just getting an iPhone 6S+ so I can get an upgrade but still have a headphone jack.

What S7 Edge did you use? Did you use a store/carrier demo version? That would explain why you keep getting this "jank". I think people would be fucking shocked at how well an S7 phone runs when there's no bloat hindering the software or when there's no 10+ widgets expanding across 5 different home screens when I see these demo units in stores with their displays already showing burn in. My S7 has been the smoothest phone I've ever owned. Notice that I'm saying smoothest - not snappiest. As evidenced by the speed tests the Exynos version of the phone is booth smooth and a step faster w/ even better ram management.

Whatever I end up doing I'm really eager to upgrade from my iPhoone 5S. I have a month+ to decide between iPhone7, Pixel, or something else. I'm even considering just getting an iPhone 6S+ so I can get an upgrade but still have a headphone jack; this actually sounds like the most appealing option the more I think about it.

I mean I owned a 5S for two years and there was plenty of that "jank" you're talking about. Yes, even system menus. No phone is really exempt from jank.

The 2 years is a minimum and usually longer for operating system upgrades.

Same with the security updates which are a minimum of 3 years.

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
What S7 Edge did you use? Did you use a store/carrier demo version? That would explain why you keep getting this "jank". I think people would be fucking shocked at how well an S7 phone runs when there's no bloat hindering the software or when there's no 10+ widgets expanding across 5 different home screens when I see these demo units in stores with their displays already showing burn in. My S7 has been the smoothest phone I've ever owned. Notice that I'm saying smoothest - not snappiest. As evidenced by the speed tests the Exynos version of the phone is booth smooth and a step faster w/ even better ram management.

Eh, I don't want to sound argumentative; and I know it's all anecdotal. That said, time and time and time again, I'll have a friend with the newest Android phone - a Nexus 6p or S7 Edge or Note 7 or whatever - year after year, and they'll say it has no "jank," or no "menu hesitation" or no "lag."

I'll grab the phone, and in the first 60 seconds of handling it, I can call out multiple issues with skipped frames, un-smooth scrolling, hesitation in menu transitions, delay in animations, and more.

Does it kill usability? Absolutely not. Do most care? Almost certainly not.

But for me, as a big iOS guy, I can say confidently the iPhone is, most often, a much more "smooth" experience than its Android competition, if comparing devices from the same year.

To the original poster's point - I too think this could be the first phone to finally, truly, get rid of it.

ArchAngel

hahahaha @NYT Review. This has to be a joke, right? RIGHT?

A Mediocre Camera

What

So when you’re on the go, you will probably be using two hands — one to hold the phone and the other to place your fingerprint on the back — to unlock the Pixel.

the

And so far, to my knowledge, Apple phones haven’t blown up.

hell?

Tomorrow guys!

RoadHazard

Gold Member

Your mistake was trying a Samsung phone. They're notorious for janky, laggy software. Unfortunately they're damn popular, and IMO they're ruining Android's reputation by being the only flavor of the OS most people try before writing Android off as janky and laggy, because of experiences like yours. My Nexus 6P is smooth as butter (as was my N5 before it), and I'm sure the Pixel is as well. Clean Android straight from Google is the best smartphone OS on the planet.

reKon

Banned
Your mistake was trying a Samsung phone. They're notorious for janky, laggy software. Unfortunately they're damn popular, and IMO they're ruining Android's reputation by being the only flavor of the OS most people try before writing Android off as janky and laggy, because of experiences like yours. My Nexus 6P is smooth as butter (as was my N5 before it), and I'm sure the Pixel is as well. Clean Android straight from Google is the best smartphone OS on the planet.

Why is my phone smooth in daily operation then? Do I happen to have some kind of special SD820 version of the S7? Or maybe it's because I'm so used to disabling all the apps I don't use, and using Nova Launcher when I get my new Android phone? To be honest the only time I see any sort of lag is when awake my phone from deep sleep after not using it for 4+ hours and it's trying to sync 100 things at once after connecting to a network OR when I'm downloading/installing apps from the Play Store and using the phone at the same time (all Android phones I've used slow down or lag while doing this in my experience). In daily regular use, it does not lag.

But you know what, I'm going to switch to the standard Samsung launcher and use it for the next few days just to see if there's actually any difference in performance from Nova Launcher. If there isn't, then maybe it was the disabling of a bunch of apps that have really improved the performance substantially.

I've been using Android phones for years so I think I have a good grasp on my experiences. I remember the first time I used an HTC M8 demo unit and I was just navigating around and browsing the web. Later that day I posted in the Android OT that the HTC One M8 was the fastest, smoothest, most responsive Android experience I've ever had, beating out stock Android on Nexus phones. Maybe a few weeks later or so, my claims were verified because I think Arcs had an article showing that they tested touch responses on a bunch of flagships including the iPhone and the M8 had the lowest response time out of all of them.

shingi70

Banned
Great reviews, really hoping it expands to other carriers before the year ends.

If I don't get the pixel, I might switch over to the iPhone.

Kraftwerk

Not meaning to shit up the thread, but why do people keep saying this is "soo expensive wow" and point out the price, when it's the flagshio phone right now and yet the iPhone is $1000+ and you dont see the price mentioned in reviews or listed as a negative. Honestly just seems weird. I'm an iPhone user and the price critique of the Pixel just stood out to me wherever I read about it.

icespide

Banned
Not meaning to shit up the thread, but why do people keep saying this is "soo expensive wow" and point out the price, when it's the flagshio phone right now and yet the iPhone is $1000+ and you dont see the price mentioned in reviews or listed as a negative. Honestly just seems weird. I'm an iPhone user and the price critique of the Pixel just stood out to me wherever I read about it.

this is replacing the Nexus line of Android phones which were historically a lot cheaper than this.

Apple fans are willing to pay Apple prices, Android fans have been used to better value.

i just got the shipping notification for my pre-order but i still can't buy a case. come on, google. cases can't be harder to make than phones.

Sami+

Apple fans are willing to pay Apple prices, Android fans have been used to better value.

Personally I always felt the difference in price was evident. Something about my friends' Android phones just felt/looked "off" compared to my iPhone but I don't feel that with this or the Nexus 6P.

Never felt a desire to switch to Android until this year and this looks right up my alley.

reKon

Banned
Personally I always felt the difference in price was evident. Something about my friends' Android phones just felt/looked "off" compared to my iPhone but I don't feel that with this or the Nexus 6P.

Never felt a desire to switch to Android until this year and this looks right up my alley.

Are phones with big top and bottom chins up your alley? =p

Sami+

Are phones with big top and bottom chins up your alley? =p

¯_(ツ)_/¯ I don't have a strong opinion one way or the other on that TBH.

I will say I think the complaints about how the Pixel looks are odd to me, I think it looks great. The blue one especially so.

Cause it's not an Apple device.

I'm actually glad Google went premium price. It will fight this sentiment that Androids aren't worth the price.

watched some reviews and i really didnt like the look, looked like those first gen Chinese iphone knock-off

i'll wait for their second gen phones or note 8, whatever happens first and looks like a good upgrade

but im happy google finally decided to make high end phones

Aeana

Mine shipped, and will deliver on Friday. I'm surprised, since the estimate was 26th-28th. Can't wait. We need an OT.

mnannola

Seems like a good phone, but I just can't see a reason to buy it over my Nexus 6P. It's plenty fast and the camera is pretty good.

I would love to get Assistant in an update. Has Google said why it is unique to Pixel phones?

Maximo

"The sky-high price feels more like a marketing ploy ("We're just as good as the iPhone!") than a justifiable price point.
•The single speaker is a big downgrade from the Nexus 6P. Google is charging more and delivering less.
•A rear glass panel adds fragility and ugliness in exchange for... nothing? Just use metal.
•Other devices at this price point from Samsung and Apple are "dunkable" in water with IP68 rating. The Pixels are not.
•Still no SD card slot even though Google made SD cards much more usable in Android 6.0."

Premium phone without premium features, even Iphone has *waterproof* protection, after having a mobile with one im not going back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom