• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA Games League Pass ($199 value) Free for (most) Verizon Customers

Status
Not open for further replies.

adamy

Banned
Saw this on SlickDeals just now and had to share, this is pretty damn awesome (shameless steal from SD):

If you are a Verizon Wireless customer on the New Verizon Plan Large or higher, you can get NBA League Pass ($199 value) for the 2016-17 Season for Free.

1. From your phone, download go90.
2. Create Account
3. Turn on NBA League Pass from My Verizon.

Enjoy.

Viewing is from your Mobile Device Only. Fortunately, watching it will not use any data.

https://www.verizonwireless.com/solutions-and-services/stream-pass/

kmfdmpig

Unless you have a new type of plan (not a grandfathered one) then it won't worky:
http://slickdeals.net/f/9224411-nba...w-verizon-plan-l-or-higher?page=3#commentsBox

Once you install go90 then do this (from the slickdeals comments):
Login at verizonwireless.com. Then go to My Verizon -> My Plan & Services -> Manage Products & Apps. From there click Free Products and it should up as "Stream Pass NBA League Pass 16-17.

For me, and many others it's greyed out as my account doesn't work with this deal.

adamy

Banned
Unless you have a new type of plan (not a grandfathered one) then it won't worky:
http://slickdeals.net/f/9224411-nba...w-verizon-plan-l-or-higher?page=3#commentsBox

Login at verizonwireless.com. Then go to My Verizon -> My Plan & Services -> Manage Products & Apps. From there click Free Products and it should up as "Stream Pass NBA League Pass 16-17.

For me, and many others it's greyed out as my account doesn't work with this deal.

brah, I literally posted this at the beginning of the OP

adamy

Banned
Are you sure this just isn't the usual free trial at the beginning of the season?

Directly from Verizon's website which is in OP:

"For the best coverage of hundreds of live NBA games, Stream Pass includes NBA LEAGUE PASS (mobile only) on the go90 app for the entire 2016-17 regular season ($199 value)"

kmfdmpig

brah, I literally posted this at the beginning of the OP

You wrote:

My post showed how to actually do that, which thanks to Verizon is not intuitive.

My goal was not to steal your thunder, but to make it easier for others to see if this applies to them. Reading the OP I assumed it would work for me as I have a plan that used "large" to describe the data amount, but unfortunately it did not work.

adamy

Banned
You wrote:

My post showed how to actually do that, which thanks to Verizon is not intuitive.

My goal was not to steal your thunder, but to make it easier for others to see if this applies to them. Reading the OP I assumed it would work for me as I have a plan that used "large" to describe the data amount, but unfortunately it did not work.

It's all good man, I figured "new Verizon plan" would eliminate confusion for people on grandfathered plans

mozfan12

Banned
Guessing it still blacks out local games. Thing is useless to me if I can't watch Laker games since I live in Los Angeles. I'm trying to find a way to watch them without having to subscribe to a cable subscription.

kmfdmpig

v1lla21

so I went on the verizon wireless website and it's grayed out. I have the XL plan so I don't know what the deal is. There's 5 lines under the account.

Oh, it says all the devices already have it or are incompatible. is there anyway to check if i actually do have it?

adamy

Banned
Lakers have their own channel now which is only available through cable or satellite, the only games we get over the air are nationally televised games.

Pretty sure you could use League Pass + VPN to stream without issue...? (No clue as to the legality of this)

v1lla21

Stupid shit ain't working despite being on the xxl plan.
I thought I was xl but I'm xxl lol. Tried going on the website or the app but nothing seems to work.

I'm an idiot. Finally got it to work lol.

Jerm411

Downloaded the app, registered, and started watching Blazers/Jazz lol...didn't go to Verizon's site or anything.

You can watch La Liga and Serie A too?!? Awesome...

adamy

Banned
Downloaded the app, registered, and started watching Blazers/Jazz lol...didn't go to Verizon's site or anything.

You can watch La Liga and Serie A too?!? Awesome...

Same, literally just downloaded app, registered, and it immediately started working

Falchion

Nice, I got an MLB tv subscription from T-Mobile this season, but unfortunately the Braves blew so I didn't use it that much.

andthebeatgoeson

Late, but i appreciate it.

Their website is trash tier.

And FYI, the free preview is going on. So you may be able to use it now without problems and you won't be able to use it after the first week.

ViciousDS

Banned
Guessing it still blacks out local games. Thing is useless to me if I can't watch Laker games since I live in Los Angeles. I'm trying to find a way to watch them without having to subscribe to a cable subscription.
Yup.....league pass is complete shit

National games and local games are blacked out

Meaning

ESPN, TNT and even NBATV games are blacked out as well as your local outings

Meaning one game possibly a night you will be able to watch and it's normally two teams you really wouldn't even find entertaining

andthebeatgoeson

So, i did all that. Have the 16gb plan. Just got a notification to buy league pass. Can't watch any games. It even shows on our account and we activated it. Fyi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom