• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UK:TF's first week sales on XB1 is more than the double amount TF2 sold on PS4&XB1

Edit2: It's not even a quarter of what it sold on XB1 with the first game, real shame. Shame.

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articl...skyrim-and-battlefield-1-impress-in-uk-charts

[Week 43, 2016] 04 (NE) TITANFALL 2 (ELECTRONIC ARTS) < 52,000

Xbox One (57%) < 30,000
PlayStation 4 (41%) < 21,000
PC (2%) < 1,000

[Week 11, 2014] XBO TITANFALL (ELECTRONIC ARTS) - 118,000 / NEW
[Week 11, 2014] PC TITANFALL (ELECTRONIC ARTS) - 7,000 / NEW
[Week 15, 2014] 360 TITANFALL (ELECTRONIC ARTS) - 28,000 / NEW

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=222256339&postcount=45

That is attrocious, and it is such a great game :(

Standby for Titanflop.

Alienfan

I think it's still too early to call it a flop, it took a while for Rainbow six to start selling well. Hopefully titan fall has similar legs

Azzawon

Great game or not, there's no excuse for releasing it between BF1 and CoD with minimal marketing. EA sent it out to die.

Number45

Wasn't the original HEAVILY co-marketed with Microsoft, with bundles and everything? I haven't seen a great deal in mainstream media about TF2 at all.

EDIT: Perhaps word of mouth will help. Certainly hearing a lot of good things.

Bruno MB

Please note that < 52,000 is the upper limit based on Fifa 17 for PlayStation 4, so Titanfall 2 may have sold noticeable less copies than that.

Really not surprising.

If they'd released in the spring, then some of the BF and CoD players would've picked it up, but it's just getting crushed between two giants. Add in disappointment over the campaign from the first, and a lack of real push to correct that via marketing, and you've got a recipe for disaster. Hopefully after the good reviews the campaign is getting they can focus ads on that aspect, and market it as sufficiently different to the other FPSs to gain some traction.

The problem is, when a game starts tanking, people start waiting for it to hit a lower price.

This is what happens when schedule two triple AAA shooters from the same publisher a week apart. As cockups by EA go, this is up there given how easy it was to see a mile off and prevent.

Titanfall should have been released next spring.

danowat

Banned
Could it be that EA Access starting to have an impact on sales?, I am fairly interested in the game, but not enough to warrant getting it full price, especially when it'll come to EAA in the future.

Hope this pulls a Rainbow Six Siege on us with slow growth. I've been hearing great things. This really is EA's doing though.

I don't actually know that but what else could have forced them into such an awful release date given how BF1's release coincided with it?

Jamie OD

Wasn't the original HEAVILY co-marketed with Microsoft, with bundles and everything? I haven't seen a great deal in mainstream media about TF2 at all.

EDIT: Perhaps word of mouth will help. Certainly hearing a lot of good things.

It was originally hyped up as the Xbox One's killer app. I'm curious to see if part of the reason it's not selling is people felt burned by the first game.

Detox

I think it's still too early to call it a flop, it took a while for Rainbow six to start selling well. Hopefully titan fall has similar legs
I don't think it will. R6's success isn't solely due to strong word of mouth it has the benefit of carving out a niche in the genre.

EA's response
tumblr_mqt70fxfNR1rsikbyo1_500.gif

jelly

It might have great word of mouth and legs. Slow burner that gathers pace towards Christmas and beyond.

BF hype is hard to beat but people get sick of it eventually and if performance is ropey in multiplayer, come to smooth 60fps TF2 land, a great campaign and free DLC.

It's like EA didn't want this game to sell well. I feel bad for respawn.

I didn't and won't be getting it because the community is going to die quicker than TF1's did and it's all because of EA.

Not with EA putting their marketing behind BF1 it won't. And with COD just about to come out. This was an extremely poor time to put it out

No doubt. But it's starting to build some serious momentum. The only thing that can kill its momentum is when Infinite Warfare's campaign is equally great. It has little to fear of its multiplayer.
Don't quote me on that

Logsi

I picked up the Deluxe Bundle BF1 and TF1 from the Store with CDkeys vouchers and discount yesterday for just over £100. Seemed like a good deal getting two deluxe £69.99 games. I'm not usually one for tacked on skins but just over £50 each for the games digitally seemed good to me!

More interested in supporting TF2. Hated the tech test but really want to support the dev. Loved what I played of the MP last night though. Oh how things change! Also looking forward to the SP.

Top Bottom