• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo Sport PS4 Pro details

Loudninja

4K, 60fps
・Resolution: 1800p checkerboard
・Framerate: 60fps

HDR
・Data capture using a bespoke camera developed by PDI.
・Brightness range 100 times higher than the current camera standard.
・Gran Turismo will support current HDR TV’s as well as future HDR devices reaching brightnesses up to 10000nits. (HDR10・ST.2084)
・GT Tonemap enabling complete compatibility between Standard Dynamic Range (SDR) and HDR TVs.

Wide Colour
・Colour space increased by 64% from sRGB.
・10nm scale spectroscopic measurement. (Measurement of the spectral base.)
・Full wide colour space workflow using BT.2020 at all stages of production, from data capture, materials creation, rendering to output.
http://www.gran-turismo.com/gb/news/00_3723425.html

Jibbed

Cars will still sound like hoovers though.

Love me some GT, been waiting for a proper follow-up to GT4.

Eggbok

Coming out of a tunnel will cause eyeballs to burst into flame.

myegtueu.gif

Unknown?

Don't look directly at your TV without the proper eye protection.
Welding mask? 😝 Oh gosh this is going to look mind blowing isn't it? The most recent footage on standard PS4 was already impressive! The foliage being a HUGE upgrade! This is our only hope for a game to surpass DriveClub.

Tailzo

I wonder if that "60fps" is GT5/6 level 60fps..aka NOT 60fps.

I only played GT5, but it felt good to me. How bad was the fps in real? I never watched any analysis of it, I just played it and thought it felt better thn most other racing games.

Btw, I'd like some info on that VR mode too. Is it only a few select tracks, and no career mode?

jett

D-Member
Resolution: 1800p checkerboard

What resolution is this using to get to 1800p? 1920x1800p or lower? I imagine this means that once it gets "checkerboarded" to 1800p, it gets upscaled the rest of the way there. I wonder how well this looks exactly.

What resolution is this using to get to 1800p? 1920x1800p or lower? I imagine this means that once it gets "checkerboarded" to 1800p, it gets upscaled the rest of the way there. I wonder how well this looks exactly.

1600x1800 framebuffer ->checkerboard->3200x1800-> upscale-> 3840x2160

Dommel

So absolutely nothing for 1080p owners?

I thought they could really push the boat out with 1080p : (

Yeah, that dissapoints me as well. You'd expect they throw 1080p TV's a bone in one of the Playstation's biggest franchises.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
I wonder if that "60fps" is GT5/6 level 60fps..aka NOT 60fps.

GT6 was a lot better as far as I remember, so if it's like that at the level of visual fidelity that GT is known for, it would be A-OK.

Unknown?

GT6 was a lot better as far as I remember, so if it's like that at the level of visual fidelity that GT is known for, it would be A-OK.
It was because GT6 used a whole different engine. GT5's was scrapped for a new one and it was much better in physics too.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
Yeah, that dissapoints me as well. You'd expect they throw 1080p TV's a bone in one of the Playstation's biggest franchises.

You already get HDR and downsampling, the game already renders at 60fps

Cars will still sound like hoovers though.

Love me some GT, been waiting for a proper follow-up to GT4.

Perhaps not

I took a GT3 BMW M6 - the same one driven by Gran Turismo creator Kazunori Yamauchi at this year's 24 Hours Nürburgring - around Brands Hatch for a short hot-lap session. At first, it was a bit disheartening - using the bumper cam, the engine note still sounded hollow and weak, even over a pair of headphones that muffled the noise of a busy event.

Switching to the cockpit cam, though, reveals a very different dynamic - there, the transmission whine is more overpowering, and unlike the digital drone of past Gran Turismo games it at last feels like you're inside a complex, noisily mechanical piece of engineering.

Switch to the chase cam and you can hear the exhaust note more clearly and hear it pop and wheeze - suggesting that Gran Turismo Sport is extremely context sensitive when it comes to representing audio. Elsewhere, a replay featuring a bevy of prototype cars displayed a diversity of engine notes, from the turbo diesel whine of an R18 to the throatier V8 of the Toyota TS030.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...ht-have-fixed-its-long-standing-sound-problem

This was Martin's impressions during the initial unveiling of GTS back in May

Even more disheartening, it's hard to hear the difference. I tried some of the noisier cars available in the current build, and the GT3 458 Ferrari droned rather than screamed, the Corvette whined rather than rumbling the earth as it does in real life.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2016-05-19-gt-sport-preview

jaypah

I thought it was 1800p C/b to 4k?

RAWRferal

So absolutely nothing for 1080p owners?

I thought they could really push the boat out with 1080p : (

You'll get downsampling, like every Ps4 pro game that doesn't have any specific 1080p mode.

I swear sony need to market this more, because people don't seem to be getting it.

nikos

Regally can't wait to play this. Suspected the delay had something to do with the Pro. Hope it's not too far out.

Servbot24

Banned
Sounds good, but I can't imagine a simple camera change will suddenly get the car sounds to where they should be.
The camera change naturally will change the dynamic of how the car sounds. If you're in the car or sitting on the hood it will be quite intense, but if youre several feet away outside the car there will be more dissipation.

jett

D-Member
1600x1800 framebuffer ->checkerboard->3200x1800-> upscale-> 3840x2160

Yeah that's probably it.

I thought it was 1800p C/b to 4k?

Nah that's not how it works. To "checkerboard" something, it needs to run at half the intended resolution, AFAIK. Other games like Horizon run at 2160p checkerboard, which means the game is running internally at 1920x2160p, and then it's checkerboard rendered to 3840x2160.

If it's 1800p checkerboard, then it means it's (probably) running at 1600x1800, and checkerboard rendered to 3200x1800. Afterwards it gets upscaled to 4K.

BigEmil

Quite in-depth HDR and Wide Colour tweaks
Yeah that's probably it.

Nah that's not how it works. To "checkerboard" something, it needs to run at half the intended resolution, AFAIK. Other games like Horizon run at 2160p checkerboard, which means the game is running internally at 1920x2160p, and then it's checkerboard rendered to 3840x2160.

If it's 1800p checkerboard, then it means it's (probably) running at 1600x1800, and checkerboard rendered to 3200x1800. Afterwards it gets upscaled to 4K.
This is guess work we'll wait for official confirmation for GTS regarding this

Quite in-depth HDR and Wide Colour tweaks

This is guess work we'll wait for official confirmation for GTS regarding this

Guess work? it's the way checkerboard works, Cerny said so...

Full Checkboard starts from 1920x2160

If you start from 1800p vertical resolution, the horizontal resolution must be 1600

It's called math...

Loudninja

It's not really a full detailing of how it'll take advantage of the Pro. We probably won't see a full breakdown until closer to release. But at the very least we'll get supersampling which will benefit the image quality greatly.
Pretty much we get this stuff then breakdowns later

Mascot

Fucking LOL till my face falls off at '60fps'.

Kaz wouldn't know 60fps if it jumped up and bit the end of his dick.

Top Bottom