• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF I have jock itch

Status
Not open for further replies.

cereal_killerxx

And it's miserable. Not even sure how I got it. All I can think about is how bad it itches and I can't scratch it. Anyone else dealt with it? I've been taking a antifungal pill and cream for 3 days and it's done nothing. :(

Never heard of the pill, is that safe? I've heard those things can cause serious liver damage or something. Cream is the safest way to go.

NervousXtian

Thought Emoji Movie was good. Take that as you will.
Never had jock itch, but had athlete's foot.. and that shit sucked. Could only imagine that on my nuts.

good luck OP, I wish you well.

Also try the powder spray shit... it was cooling and drying.

Dilute apple cider vinegar with water and rub the area with tp dipped in the solution several times per day. Keep doing it until a few days after the itch is gone.

Worked great for me when I was giving bike lessons this summer and just kept wearing the same dirty chamois an entire week.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
At least you don't have scabies!

I work at a living facility for boys and there's this one 7-year-old who has absolutely awful hygiene who has gotten scabies twice in the past month.

The worst part is that he asks staff for hugs intentionally with the knowledge that he has scabies.

Malreyn

And it's miserable. Not even sure how I got it. All I can think about is how bad it itches and I can't scratch it. Anyone else dealt with it? I've been taking a antifungal pill and cream for 3 days and it's done nothing. :(

Generally, it's gonna take longer than three days....but if it really is jock itch just use the same stuff they sell for athletes foot

Lkr

No need to see a doctor for this tbh. Just get some anti fungal and spray your junk and you'll be fine

OldMan

Banned
gbmedicated-bottle-2.png

Warm-Automatic-Hand-Dryer.jpg

011822315920.jpg
and of course pat dry. If none of those work have a doctor hook you up with some lotion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom