• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS VR on the PS4 PRO - WOW! big difference

Armadilo

Banned
from a German website -

PS VR on PS4 regular vs PS4 PRO

Regular
PlayStation__VR_WORLDS_-_ps4-ef35a39593e3c7b4.jpg

PRO
PlayStation__VR_WORLDS_-_ps4_pro-7af47844958ac84a.jpg

Regular
Robinson__The_Journey_20161104151139_-_ps4-546f048d3d742b03.jpg

PRO
Robinson__The_Journey_20161104145316_ps4_pro-40fb44c14ccb31c4.jpg

Regular
Battlezone__20161104145607_-_ps4-cea9d7adf434bed3.jpg

PRO
Battlezone__20161104151515_-_ps4_pro-7347169679b3dd6d.jpg

ChouGoku

Im going to need some impressions from someone who has tried it because screens don't really represent what you see in VR

Whoa, the quality of the screenshots isn't too hot but the lighting differences are astounding if this is legit.

EDIT: Wait, I got the Heist pictures mixed up, now I'm confused! :O

LowSignal

Are there improvements to the load times? my biggest gripe was sitting in complete darkness as I wait 1+ mins for a load logo or the game to appear on screen. This was a problem on the Demo disc and batman for me. The graphics look a lot better some im down for that.

nbnt

is responsible for the well-being of this island.
.. Is that second London Heist screenshot supposed to be the better one?

Robinson really does look like the best example of the pro power. I guess since I know what it looks like on the og I can easily get an idea of what that screenshot shows for PRO.

I'm not a graphics Nazi but I can say that does look like it will be a bigger difference than I was expecting. I was lukewarm on pro but now...

How'd you get Robinson early?

Best buy. I've had it since the 4th.

Robinson really does look like the best example of the pro power. I guess since I know what it looks like on the og I can easily get an idea of what that screenshot shows for PRO.

I'm not a graphics Nazi but I can say that does look like it will be a bigger difference than I was expecting. I was lukewarm on pro but now...

Best buy. I've had it since the 4th.

Wow on the site its only available for preorder... So how is it?

JordanN

Banned
Lighting difference is certainly huge but I'm still glad there's no Pro exclusive VR.

One of my fears of VR is seeing the graphics ceiling jumping too fast instead of focusing on the experience. I don't want to see VR turn into another AAA wasteland of no risky titles, because all the budget goes into the graphics.

Wollan

Not the best images to compare with perhaps?

We know for example that Battlezone has 2x the resolution on PS4 Pro (as a super-sampling target).

Wow on the site its only available for preorder... So how is it?

Got Robinson early? Nice one, what are your impressions thus far? It's been on my wish list for a while.

It's fun enough, very walking simulator type of game. Looks decent too, image is a little eh on things in the distance. If you dig through my post history a little i posted a better impressions in the VR thread. At 40 I don't feel ripped off at all because I love dinosaurs.

zoukka

Weird shots. Most of all the colours are different, the IQ seems identical in the shots though. Hard to say what improved really.

acm2000

Should hope so since the ps4 pro exists for psvr, old ps4 just is no where near powerful enough. Having said that the pro screenshots still look bad but I guess that's expected for these early patches, hopefully future vr tech demos will make use of the power.

If PS4 Pro can make me not sick when using PSVR I'll be real happy.

PSVR is such a crappy experience for me because I constantly feel sick.

Tiberius

Weird shots. Most of all the colours are different, the IQ seems identical in the shots though. Hard to say what improved really.
In london heist there's a better iq clearly and lightning
With robinson more foliage
With battlezone enhanced lightning

There's improvements !

dealer-

Heist looks better on regular.

The colours/gamma look brighter, over saturated on the Pro for each. Maybe it's the settings. Certainly an upgrade overall though.

These comparison pics aren't even taken at the same area/moment.

For example the London Heist one is at a moment when the car lights up as you're going under a tunnel light.

Top Bottom