• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD: Xbox One wins October NPD. Best Selling Console in US 4th Month In a Row

bud23

Aaron Greenberg
‏@aarongreenberg
New @npdgroup data shows @Xbox One best selling US console 4th month in a row. Thanks for also making us #1 console in UK & Australia!

https://twitter.com/aarongreenberg/status/796837069507084288

The Xbox One was October's best-selling console, according to a statement from Microsoft.

"Xbox One was once again the best-selling console in October in the U.S., U.K. and Australia," according to results given to Microsoft by The NPD Group and GfK Entertainment.

October marks the fourth consecutive month Xbox One bested PS4 in US sales, and the second month for the UK and Australia. In July, Xbox One was the top selling 8th-generation console, but that month saw the Nintendo 3DS at the top of overall console sales.

Microsoft said the launches of Gears of War 4 and Battlefield 1 helped drive console sales, with Gears of War 4 coming in as the number one "platform-exclusive title for October" in both the US and UK. Microsoft credited both Gears and Battlefield with increasing the number of multiplayer gamers on Xbox Live by 52 percent over the same period last year.

At the end of last month, Microsoft revealed its holiday Xbox One bundles, including Gears, Battlefield, Minecraft, and FIFA options.

The full NPD numbers for the US won't be released until next Thursday

http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/11/10/xbox-one-continues-to-lead-sales-according-to-microsoft

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
I know it's true, but seeing it come from Greenberg leaves me with a hesitation and his never-ending need to spin.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
Good job MS. The momentum is real. But can they keep it up with Pro launching this month? Will they indeed have a 5 month streak?

hulk1l9yms.gif

wow

Congrats Xbox team.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Microsoft has proven pretty strong at recovering from fumbles throughout their presence in gaming.

I think it will serve them well in the long term.

Footos22

Those games were not the main cause of increase. It was the ridiculously low fire sales they have been doing as of late. Its the only reason I bought one anyway.

Well, now the true test begins, will the XB1 S ever win another month from now on?

Tune in next month, on NPD!

:p

Good on them though

Well, now the true test begins, will the XB1 S ever win another month from now on?

Tune in next month, on NPD!

:p

Good on them though

Yea. Gonna make a bold bet and say XB1 wins November and December. Correct me if I'm wrong but all the BF deals I've seen of the PS4 are with UC4.

I think the BF1 XB1 bundles will make it do bonkers.

Welfare

Don't call it a comeback. While sales are improving which is a great sign, the PS4 Pro will knock out the gap the XB1 has made back.

jaypah

Impressive. They're making a play, I'll give them that. November and December is going to be a good fight though.

Megatron

Shall be interesting to see what Sony's counter to this is.

Deserved though, haven't bought one yet. But might soon.

Some awesome bf deals. $250 for the console plus bf1 plus a $40 target gift card. Crazy good value! Dell has a nice deal too.

Bsigg12

Any way to track PS VR sales? Those things aren't moving.

I'm sure NPD will have sales for data for them. Now what we actually get is another question. I figured it would be similar to Vive and Rift sales that just absolutely tanked after early adopters got theirs.

specdot

Don't call it a comeback. While sales are improving which is a great sign, the PS4 Pro will knock out the gap the XB1 has made back.
I don't think so meng. I think the Pro will do just fine, but $250 plus all the crazy bundles MS has put together is what's driving sales. 4 months in a row is not due to luck.
I'm just waiting to see how either of these companies shoots themselves in the foot. As the past has shown us, one of them most definitely will.
Edit:price adjustment and things.

V

Vilix

Unconfirmed Member
I'm not surprised. I see adverts for the xos all over.

I think Sony really messed up by not pricing the PS4 Slim at $250. We'll see what effect the Pro has, but I get the feeling the Xbox One has a real chance to take November and December as well.

blakep267

I'm sure the pro will do numbers but I just think the slim PS4 offering is super weak in comparison to last year with battlefront and COD.

Top Bottom