• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Another CE with the game not included (RE7), lists "DLC Voucher"

Ludens

Banned
https://www.gamestop.it/Gadget/Games/102086/resident-evil-7-collectors-edition-gioco-non-incluso

I mean, I find this trend very dumb. At least create a CE for each platform if you really want, but paying 100€ for a bunch of additional stuff and being forced to buy the game separately...dunno, it feels very wrong to me. At least they give you a DLC it seems...

5scrmax1.jpg

7scrmax2.jpg

Finger included.

D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member
That's a strong contender for ugliest CE of the gen.

Jawmuncher

There are other bundles on the page with the game included. The house is apparently a replica and the finger is USB. The art book looks hard cover, and it comes with the DLC.

Seems to me that they're offering the CE for those who already preordered the game digitally. So they're not forced to have two copies of the game.

Josemsar

Neo Member
I don´t see it bad at all?

I mean... Price apart. Having as many "Collector edition stuff" for every platform seems good to me. It has happened of shops with some special editions of game I would like to have but they were for other platforms...

Also... This allows to be able to buy digitally the game, preorder, preload with day1 patch and everything for launch moment and still you can opt for the "collector´s merchan".

Mupod

I don't see how giving digital owners the option to waste money on cheap junk without buying an extra copy of the game is inherently worse than the usual way things are done.

Ludens

Banned
There are other bundles on the page with the game included. The house is apparently a replica and the finger is USB. The art book looks hard cover, and it comes with the DLC.

Seems to me that they're offering the CE for those who already preordered the game digitally. So they're not forced to have two copies of the game.

At least Capcom gives you a 10€ discount if you buy the CE with the game. Still too expensive in my opinion for the contents offered. Also they could provide a bundle with a digital code in order to solve the problem. I think they sell those CE separately just to gain some bucks more compared to a normal CE, they used to cost around 120€ back in days, 150€ was a really "premium" price for packages like the God of War III Pandora's Box CE (including the latest GOW plus the timex-exclusive Remastered of the first two titles).

I actually like this idea if it's priced accordingly.
First: It's platform agnostic. Whenever you play on PC/PS4/XB1... You can still get your collector edition.
Second: It's media agnostic. Whenever you're physical or digital.... You can still enjoy the beautiful package.
Third: It's region agnostic. No need to worry for language/region lock or crap like this.

Justinh

I don't see too much of a problem with these, but I do think the price for some of them are just too much.

I bought the collector's edition set for Wolfenstein: The New Order and it didn't come with a game (even though it came with a steelbook. tease), but the only reason I bought it was because it was 50 dollars.

Second: It's media agnostic. Whenever you're physical or digital.... You can still enjoy the beautiful package.

Yeah, I like this about them.

bigkrev

I don't see how giving digital owners the option to waste money on cheap junk without buying an extra copy of the game is inherently worse than the usual way things are done.

Yep, 100% this. Let me buy your game where I want to buy it, let me decide if I love it, and then give me the option to give you more money for useless junk that I want.

Yep, they spend less money making dedicated reserves for each platform and give digital owners a chance to buy without feeling like they bought 2 of the same thing

The only dumb part is that it's called "collector's edition" but it is what it is. Wolfenstein had the same thing, who cares

First: It's platform agnostic. Whenever you play on PC/PS4/XB1... You can still get your collector edition.
Third: It's region agnostic. No need to worry for language/region lock or crap like this.

I agree with this one.

norm9

Resident Evil 5 had a similar thing. You got a couple pieces of paper and a fake vial or something like that. I ordered it from their website and realized it didn't actually come with the game so I cancelled the order a few minutes later.

Ludens

Banned
Well, my point is usually those CE are not priced accordingly, they are too expensive in most of the cases.
100€ for a cheap plastic house, an artbook (probably a very small one), a USB pendrive....dunno.

Jawmuncher

Well, my point is usually those CE are not priced accordingly, they are too expensive in most of the cases.

This was going to be expensive with or without the game as we see here. The house seems like it might be well detailed for what it is.

Ludens

Banned
This was going to be expensive with or without the game as we see here. The house seems like it might be well detailed for what it is.

It might. But we already saw plenty of cases of really good action figures turning into abominations when you finally get your hands on the package. Maybe you will buy this and it will be a Barbie house.

It might. But we already saw plenty of cases of really good action figures turning into abominations when you finally get your hands on the package. Maybe you will buy this and it will be a Barbie house.

That RE5 Chris figure or the preorder 'sand globe' come to mind.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
For those curious of the full contents:

-Resident Evil 20th Anniversary Artbook
-5 Lithographs
-3 Alternative Covers for RE7 packaging
-Physical Dummy Finger USB (16 GB storage)
-Model of the Main House of the Baker Plantation from RE7 (25 x 23.7 x 17,1cm)
-DLC 'Exclusive' Code (says its a piece of DLC exclusive to this Collector's Edition, but no info what it is yet)

And can be bought separately from or with a pack with the game itself.

Kazuhira

Yeah,that makes a lot of sense.

Yup. And from the publisher and retail side, it means a single collector's edition SKU and a much lower chance of having to clear out a whole bunch of copies of the version no one wanted to buy (ex. Xbox 360 CEs of JRPGs like Final Fantasy XIII).

Menitta

One of my biggest problems with CEs is when they include an art book that's the size of a game case. Even worse is when the art book isn't the actual full artbook. Watch Dogs did that shit. I hope RE7's art book is a real ass artbook.

Top Bottom