• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I found a vagina in Watch Dogs 2 and Sony suspended me (Update: Ban lifted)

Goron2000

best junior ever
I received my copy of Watch Dogs 2 on Saturday evening due to a mistake on Amazon Prime Now and I've been having a great time with the game so far. On Sunday evening I accidentally blew up a few women in a back alley with a gas pipe and then I saw *it*; someone at Ubisoft had rendered a full vagina on one (or maybe more) of the females in the game.

I took a picture of this funny oversight with the ingame camera and shared it on twitter for my friends to see and I posted it in one of the Watch Dogs early release threads on here. Cut to tonight where I can't access any services while playing the game and then when I tried to sign in there was a very brief message about my account being suspended.

I checked my emails and this is what I have received from Sony:

We’re writing to inform you that your Sony Entertainment Network account has been temporarily suspended.

We’ve made this decision based on your online activity in Live from PlayStation on 14-11-2016.

Content of an adult or sexual nature is against our Code of Conduct.

The suspension will last 1 week and will be lifted on 21-11-2016. You won’t be able to access online multiplayer, PlayStation Store and other network features until the suspension is over.

We take the decision to suspend an account very seriously, and we only do so after one of our moderators has carefully analysed the situation. PlayStation Support therefore cannot overturn this moderation decision.

We ask all our players to act decently, respectfully and with consideration for us and other players while using PlayStation Network. To make sure you understand the behaviour we expect from our community, please review the Code of Conduct here before returning to PlayStation Network. Please be aware that any further breaches of the Code of Conduct may result in a longer suspension or even a permanent ban.

Yours sincerely,

SIEE Moderation

So I now have a new game that relies heavily on online features that I won't be able to enjoy this week and a mark on my record for an easy ban whenever they next decide I've exposed them for being crap at cert.

Do you guys think they were right to suspend me for sharing content they've allowed on their platform?

Mod edit:
Update:

I got an email 30 minutes ago telling me that my ban is now 1 month because of a violation today. Bare in mind that I was banned yesterday and have not been able to make any new uploads since the ban and the only thing I'd uploaded in months was the single image this thread is about.

We’re writing to inform you that your Sony Entertainment Network account has been temporarily suspended.

We’ve made this decision based on your online activity in Live from PlayStation on 15-11-2016.

The suspension will last 1 month and will be lifted on 15-12-2016. You won’t be able to access online multiplayer, PlayStation Store and other network features until the suspension is over.

We take the decision to suspend an account very seriously, and we only do so after one of our moderators has carefully analysed the situation. PlayStation Support therefore cannot overturn this moderation decision.

We ask all our players to act decently, respectfully and with consideration for us and other players while using PlayStation Network. To make sure you understand the behaviour we expect from our community, please review the Code of Conduct here before returning to PlayStation Network. Please be aware that any further breaches of the Code of Conduct may result in a longer suspension or even a permanent ban.

Yours sincerely,

SIEE Moderation
Sony Interactive Entertainment Europe

I'm really disappointed right now.

_woLf

If this is true, that indicates a much more significant problem that should have the ESRB on Ubisoft's front door pretty soon.

Absolutely in the wrong, as long as you obtained your copy of the game early in a legal and legitimate way

Given that their objection is with regard to the nature of the content, then it seems like you are fully within your rights

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Because you posted on... Twitter? Wut? How do they even know it's you? Or was it through the PS4 sharing/twitter connection thing?

Kind of stupid that they'd ban you for this regardless, but at least it's just a week-long ban and not permanent, I guess... :S

Edit: also, being nitpicky, that's a vulva not a vagina ;)

ibgldio38zz4tgzes1k.gif

joecanada

absolutely not , that's not justified. you can't sell games and then blame people for using said games images. if you hold a higher moral standard of some sort (as has NOT been evidenced by the people on here alleging racism/sexism on the PSN in public lobbies) then you don't allow these games on your system.

TLDR you don't release M games and have a E rated online system. makes no sense.

Ibuki

Banned
Luckily the multiplayer is disabled, so maybe you won't be banned anymore when it's back up.

Also why did you think it was a good idea to PS4 Share a vagina?

Top Bottom